“Perfect Anniversary Stay”

Ranked #5 of 36 Specialty Lodging in Austin
New York City, New York
“Perfect Anniversary Stay”
Reviewed July 11, 2011

My husband and I were married here June 2009 and spent the night for our anniversary in June 2011. While we had a fabulous time at our wedding and were thoroughly pleased with our brief stay on our wedding night (we left for the airport around 3 am), we weren't sure we had a true guest experience at the hotel and were eager to see how the hotel stay held up when it wasn't the happiest day of your life (but a very good day, indeed!).

Well, Vintage Villas exceeded our expectations. We stayed in the same king suit as on our wedding night (top floor, corner balcony, jetted tub and separate shower, large kitchen/dining table and living room with two leather couches and separate master suite) and were very pleased with its condition. When getting ready for my wedding I noticed a couple of rough spots in the finish, but found the room has been updated and well maintained in the last two years. The comforter on the bed had been replaced, too. I'm always happy to see fresh bedding at a hotel!! I still love the waffle robes, and the Crabtree & Evelyn soaps and lotions are very nice--the shower gel bubbles up very well when you hold the bottle under the tap.

Check in and out was a breeze, the breakfast was delicious and the setting was lovely. We slept well and everything in our room appeared to be in good working order. The only negative at all was when we were joined on our patio during the evening by a wasp that wouldn't seem to go away, only to find a small nest/hive inside the outside light fixture the next morning. I reported this at check out, so hopefully it's been taken care of. A very minor complaint, indeed.

Although we live in Austin, we truly felt like we had "gotten away from it all" and been on a real mini-vacation, and it was just one night. It really is incredibly relaxing to sit out on the balcony and watching the sunset and enjoy a bubble bath in the jetted tub.

And since I did not previously review the hotel room, the king suites at VV are a great size for bridal party prep on the wedding day. The dining room provides ample space for hair and make up staff and equipment, the natural lighting is incredible for both photos and make up, the living room is great for bridesmaids and moms to hang out, and the toilet is in a private WC. It's a great place to get ready!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank anothermrs
Thomas-GM, Owner at Vintage Villas Hotel, responded to this review, September 15, 2011
anothermrsjohnson,

Thank you very much for your review. I truly appreciate you taking your time to write such an in-depth review. I also appreciate you noticing that the housekeeping and maintenance up-keep at Vintage Villas is continuous and detailed.

I am grateful for such a thorough review and that you continue to choose us for the special occasions in your life.

Best wishes,

Owner & General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bedford, Texas
Reviewed June 16, 2011

My 3 sisters and our spouses (total 8) recently stayed 3 nights and 4 days at Vintage Villas, Austin, TX. In addition to the large rooms, quietly decorated, TV, free wi-fi, microwave, coffepot, and frig, our 4 rooms were all off of a "sitting room" with couches and overstuffed chairs which allowed us to gather and visit like we were at home. (My king bedroom had a couch, a jacuzzi tub and a separate shower.) When I asked if we could get a card table and chairs to play games, they brought a round banquet-size table and chairs for 8. It was perfect. And to top it all off -- the incredible breakfasts!!! We'll be back.

Room Tip: There's no elevator to upper floors.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank jlmgwm
jlmgwm

Thank you for bringing your family to Vintage Villas and for your review. I am very pleased that your accommodations were perfect and your breakfast was incredible.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed May 11, 2011

I visisted thanks to good ole Groupon (thanks!) and loved it. Went here for a little romantic rendevous and the setting couldn't be more perfect. We scored a king-size bed on the top floor with a balcony and jacuzzi tub-- beautiful! The view overlooked the lake which was awesome. The decor is really pretty and the breakfast is incredible. Overall, a great experience!!!

Room Tip: Book way ahead of time!
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank misskita
Hi misskita,

Thank you very much for purchasing a Groupon and for your review. It seems like you’re a savvy shopper.

I am delighted that you had a great experience at Vintage Villas Hotel & Events.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed May 5, 2011

My husband and I got married at Vintage Villas in 2004, and went back this year to celebrate our anniversary. Both times have been absolutely fantastic experiences; the wedding was beyond our dreams. Going back for our 7 year anniversary was everything that we remember from our wedding experience. Attentive and thoughtful staff who acknowledged our anniversary and made our stay another great memory.

Room Tip: A lakeview room is amazing!
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank txjenny_79
Hi txjenny-79,

Thank you very much for choosing Vintage Villas for your wedding and returning to stay on your anniversary night. I am pleased that you honored us with this review. Please contact me directly the next time you wish to visit Vintage Villas!

Best wishes,

Killeen, Texas
Reviewed April 29, 2011

Vintage Villas is such a special place! I got married there and it was truly everything I expected and more! The staff was so helpful, kind and professional! The location is absolutely stunning and all the guests at my wedding commented on how amazing it was!

I recommend this location to anyone for any reason! There are not enough words to describe how wonderful this place is!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank jmh0319
Hi JMH0319,

Thank you very much for your choosing us for your wedding and taking your time to write this review. I appreciate you and your friend’s endorsement.

Best wishes for a very long and successful life together,

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed April 25, 2011

I had a great stay. The rooms are very nice, great view of the lake from the balcony, peaceful. The customer service was outstanding. Took the time to provide recommendations & input on restaurants. While I was in the garden area reading, a staff member noticed me & unprompted brought me bottled water. I wanted to buy one of their beautiful custom robes, they were out of robes to sell, they took my address & sent me one later. In an era of impersonal service, this was the best customer service i have experienced in many a year.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank kburnett57
Thomas-GM, Owner at Vintage Villas Hotel, responded to this review, September 13, 2011
Hellow kburnett57,

Thank you very much for your evaluation. I truly appreciate your comments and am glad to see you got the Vintage Villas logo robe I sent to you.

Freeport, Texas
Reviewed April 18, 2011

You Have to come to Vintage Villas in Austin to believe the sunsets on Lake Travis! As you wind up the hill, you feel as though you've left all behind. Every wedding I've enjoyed there,every business trip & party I've attended there makes you want to return. I never tire of the elegant ,yet warm personal atmosphere. The staff is so accommodating.The breakfast is so appealing.The attention to detail is excellent. A chair in my room was torn & my next stay it had been replaced. If I could choose any hotel in Austin, it would be the Villas!

Room Tip: All are great but I prefer the Austin suite.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Gail4347
Hi Gail4347,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments and for choosing Vintage Villas when visiting Austin.

Owner & General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
Lakeway Resort and Spa
La Villa Vista
La Villa Vista
#9 of 35 in Austin
Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa

Been to Vintage Villas Hotel? Share your experiences!