“Had a fabulous day at the spa”
Review of Lakehouse Spa

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Lakehouse Spa
Ranked #10 of 60 Spas & Wellness in Austin
More attraction details
Owner description: This luxurious spa offers twenty indoor treatment spaces (each with a private shower) as well as outdoor treatment tents and cabanas.
Reviewed June 18, 2007

My mother and I recently spent a day at the Lakehouse Spa on Lake Austin. I had purchased the "Half-Day Away" package for her as a Mother's Day/Birthday gift and she wanted to put it to use quickly. She chose two treatments as part of the package and I booked one of their 80-minute treatments. We were both very pleased with our treatments and the nice, friently ladies who took care of us. The facitlities at the Spa are wonderful. I loved the native Texas plants in the gardens and the limestone surrounding the pool area. The wet areas off of the locker rooms were not large, but were comfortable and private, also clothing optional for those who choose to go that route. The Blue Room was very relaxing and we spent some time out on the deck relaxing in the rocking chairs. The pool area and the walking paths down to the lake are also beautiful and relaxing. My mom's package included lunch at the Cafe and we were pleased to learn that that meant a four-course lunch (soup, salad, entree, and dessert). I paid for lunch separately and we were both very pleased with the quality of the food served.

I have been to more formal and more elegant spas, but I have never been to a spa that was more relaxing and more welcoming than the Lakehouse Spa. From the moment we entered the gates, it felt as if we were being welcomed by friends to enjoy their beautiful spot on the Lake for the day.

6  Thank MrTed
There are newer reviews for Lakehouse Spa

Reviewed December 3, 2003

I would not recommend Lake Austin Spa. Austin is a beautiful city. You do not have to spend that kind of money for Lake Austin Spa's view.

Although the lady who did my facial is competent, I barely feel that I was welcomed there. She couldn't wait to finish my session and get me sign the payment. At a rate of $150-$200 per hour, I am expecting a better service.

They also sell skincare products in the spa. However the very same product sells 25% higher than the suggested retail price.

I will not go back and do not recommend it.

14  Thank twinklelash