“Terrific place for a splurge night out”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of III Forks Austin

III Forks Austin
Reserve with OpenTable
III Forks Austin is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #91 of 3,689 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Lavaca and Cesar Chavez
Description: III Forks is an award-winning steakhouse, located on Lavaca Street at Cesar Chavez, in downtown Austin. Considered the Crown Jewel of American Dining, III Forks serves USDA Prime steaks, fresh fish and cold-water lobster. The steakhouse, finished in mahogany and marble, is designed to accommodate private parties of up to 60 guests. With four private rooms, a piano bar, and over 500 different wines, III Forks is sure to provide the best food and service in town. Open Daily at 5:00 PM.
“Terrific place for a splurge night out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Joe was a terrific waiter. Food was excellent. Delightful night out. Exceptional Manhattans. Special bar treat for birthday

Visited December 2013

Austin, Texas
“Big Disappointment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

III Forks has always been one our favorite restaurants for celebrations. We went last night taking our son for a pre Christmas celebration. When we walked in the restaurant smelled like Clorox. Clorox smells are expected at gas station restrooms but not in 3 Forks! We always sit at the bar because of the really nice and friendly bartender who has been there for years. Last night he was not there and we had a bartender that was young and extremely tall he was not friendly. He made the worse frozen margarita I have ever had and when we wanted to order dinner he actually tried to get us to move to the restaurant side to eat.

We always eat at the bar because you get better service, normally, and it is fun to interact with bartender and other people at the bar. When we were looking at the menu I ask a very simple question about one of the sides and this guy actually talked down to me like I was a child. When he did that my son put his hand on my hand to keep me from reacting. The food was wonderful as always but it is hard to enjoy your food when all you can sell is Clorox. We ended up leaving early taking our food home. My son ask me not to talk to the manager but I wish I had.

If you go there and there is a tall bartender skip the bar and go to a table!

• Visited December 2013
“Maybe a bad night?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

Business dinner last night. Big bill with 6 people with 4 bottles of over priced but excellent wines. Extensive wine list with good selections. Sides all fine and well prepared. Steak, 8 oz filet mignon, was frankly edible but of very poor quality for a this level steakhouse. Our waiter disinterested at times and seemed distracted. I'll not give this place another try.

Austin, TX
“Great steak. Nice Atmosphere ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Terrific steaks -- literally melt in your mouth. Very attentive service. Food was prepared perfectly and served very hot to the table. Very convenient location to ACL Moody Theatre. Wine seemed outrageously expensive- 2008 Silver Oak Alexander Valley at $300 per 750ml and S. Oak Napa Valley at $570 per 750ml as examples.

Corpus Christi, Tx
“Yummmm!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Great atmosphere, excellent service, delicious food but a lil pricey.

Steaks are among the best anywhere as well as the sides. Drinks from the bar are strong enough but not too strong.

Spouse and I went with two of our friends...it was a first time for each of us and we had a wonderful time!

• Visited November 2013

Been to III Forks Austin? Share your experiences!