“Should have been better.”
Review of III Forks Austin

III Forks Austin
Reserve with OpenTable
III Forks Austin is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #87 of 3,872 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Lavaca and Cesar Chavez
Description: III Forks is an award-winning steakhouse, located on Lavaca Street at Cesar Chavez, in downtown Austin. Considered the Crown Jewel of American Dining, III Forks serves USDA Prime steaks, fresh fish and cold-water lobster. The steakhouse, finished in mahogany and marble, is designed to accommodate private parties of up to 60 guests. With four private rooms, a piano bar, and over 500 different wines, III Forks is sure to provide the best food and service in town. Open daily at 5:00 PM. Bar is open daily at 4:00 PM.
Reviewed September 16, 2013

In a town of great restaurants III Forks needs to up their game. Service was very poor. Never once did the server pour wine after the initial pour. Then we had to chase her down to order another bottle! Had she been on the ball they would have sold a third bottle of $150 wine that night.
Food was also marginal. The server described how III Forks cooks their steaks. We ordered accordingly. All were overcooked! With the exception of the corn the other sides tasted like they had been in a warmer for a long time. Mash potatoes were dry and tasteless. Note we were at the restaurant at 7:00pm so it was not like it was late in the evening.
I should note the piano playing in the bar was a nice touch.
Given the wide selection of good steak houses in Austin I doubt I will be back.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

This place reminds of the old school type of steak house. The staff is excellent and knows the menu, wine and food! Our food has been great every time and the sense of being welcome is first rate.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

III Forks proved to be a pretty good steakhouse for a business dinner, although the place was a little dark. Food and service was good, but pricey. I'am glad someone else was paying. I had the Flat Iron steak which turned out to be a very nice presentation with very tender meat and great sides. I'd go back (as long as my boss is paying)

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Moved college boy to school Families had a get together in a private room set up by Melissa Nobles in Catering Everything was perfect The cocktails food and wine were delicious

We had a terrific meal. The waiters were very accommodating in dividing the tickets for payments.

Many nice restaurants we researched would not do that and required a set menu

Very easy to work with

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

We visited this restaurant after much deliberation with so many other options available. We decided on III Forks on due to the write ups and location to our hotel. Our appetizer was a very delicious Ahi tuna, It was beautifully presented and extremely delicious. My wife had the filet mignon which was delicious and I had the doublecut pork chop. This was a wonderful dining experience and when I return to Austin, which I will, I will be back to III Forks.

1  Thank hzayas42

Been to III Forks Austin? Share your experiences!