“Perfect Austin lunch time treat”
Review of Tacodeli

Tacodeli
Ranked #157 of 3,869 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Mexican
Neighborhood: Northwest Austin
Description: Since our first Austin location in 1999 we have committed to bringing our customers an exceptional experience with our remarkable food & friendly service. We have continued to make our food from scratch out of the best ingredients we can source.
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My first visit to Taco Deli didn't disappoint, five of us shared a variety of tacos all of which were delicious. Be prepared with a second T-Shirt, these Tacos are dangerous when you're not used to them! The hot sauces were eye opening! Sit outside in the shade and get a real Austin welcome. My second visit was for take out breakfast tacos, beats coco pops any day of the week.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

This was my second visit to Taco Deli. As an out-of-towner, it had been about a year since I had the pleasure of having some more amazing tacos from Taco Deli. The staff is nice and the service is quick. The food quality is high. I had the migas taco and a potato, egg, and cheese taco. They both were out of this world good. I'm looking forward to my next visit.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Went yesterday for lunch. The menu has plenty of good looking tacos. I ordered "The Conquistador" (pork) and "The Happy Taco"(chicken). The pork was shredded and perfectly seasoned, and came topped with avacado, colantro and onion. It was perfect in a corn tortilla. SO GOOD.
The chicken was not so great. Tasted so bland that I honestly thought it might have been chicken from a can. It also came topped with onion and cilantro which were fresh. I had to literally pour the hot sauce on this one to get it down.

The place was also so packed that the line was out the door and people were hovering over you like vultures waiting for your table to open up. It was uncomfortable to eat like that.
That being said, the pork taco and the delicious queso are enough to make me want to go back and try something else. Defnintely will be giving it another shot next time I am in town.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

The food was good. The value is awesome. We had a sampling of a bunch of different things. I think I just expected it to be the BEST tacos ever, and I just wasn't blown away. We sat outside and were constantly interrupted by about 30 bees. Maybe that made it less than enjoyable.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

One of the best places to go to get a taco, but it's kinda expensive and you need multiple orders just to fill your stomach!