“THE Whole Foods”

Whole Foods Market
Ranked #10 of 3,972 Restaurants in Austin
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Welcome to your Austin, TX Whole Foods Market! Founded in 1978 in Austin, Texas, Whole Foods Market is the leading retailer of natural and organic foods, the first national "Certified Organic" grocer, and uniquely positioned as America's Healthiest Grocery Store™.
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I opened a tourist map of Austin, and saw “Whole Foods” as a landmark for sightseeing??? I have Whole Foods in my neighborhood, I have been to the ones in Arizona, New York, well everywhere.

Little I knew this is THE Whole Foods, where it all began!

This place is huge! It has many dining areas. They have wide varieties of locally produced items and they were great for souvenirs!

2  Thank Rena D

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Angelica was our server in the fresh seafood area. We enjoyed the cherry festival special salmon dinner for a reasonable 15 dollars a person. We went over to the "bar" area, picked up a glass of Fireman's 4 beer and a special cherry cocktail with sparkling wine to accompany our dinner. Angelica was perfect in describing the dish, and telling us all about Austin. Great service, and the most amazing Whole Foods market anywhere. We thought our local Whole Foods in Los Angeles rocked, but this flagship store is incredible. If your a fan, you must visit...they have it all and plenty of warm service and great food selections to enjoy before or after you shop.

1  Thank welovetravelsf
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I want one of these in my town! I felt like I was in heaven when I saw the fruit and vegetable display...amazing. Everything was so fresh. This place is cool. You must go!

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Whole Foods is kitty corner to Waterloo records and it's an awesome store to just browse and try new and fun foods!!!

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Leave it to Whole Foods to surround you with virtually any option for (healthy) eating and nourishment in an environment that is fun, casual, exhilarating and and scenic. . . all at the same time. This is easily the most happening grocery store/eatery in America! My visit to the Grains and Greens station was plentiful, delicious, fresh--lots of choice ingredients served as a bowl, wrap or stuffed sweet potato (my personal fav) served by a knowledgable and friendly gastranome behind the glass. Choose from virtually any plant or protein option (I prefer plant) and you're going to get an excellent value.

These folks have mastered the sensory fulfillment--flavors, sights, sounds, and vibe that makes Whole Foods what it is--the "surround sound" of food. Go there and take it all in!! You'll love it and see why Whole Foods and Austin is so enjoyable!

Been to Whole Foods Market? Share your experiences!