“WOW... Amazing”

Whole Foods Market
Ranked #17 of 3,801 Restaurants in Austin
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Welcome to your Austin, TX Whole Foods Market! Founded in 1978 in Austin, Texas, Whole Foods Market is the leading retailer of natural and organic foods, the first national "Certified Organic" grocer, and uniquely positioned as America's Healthiest Grocery Store™.
Reviewed May 24, 2013

WOW.... Ok, if you have an issue with the liberal prius-driving yuppies of 2013, then this isn't your place. However, their Flagship Store off 8th is AMAZING!!! As a shopper on a strict food allergy diet, this place is heaven. Great set up, kiosks all over with places to sit down and have a drink and some food (Wish I wasn't uniformed while shopping), and just all around nice feeling of the store. Took me 3x longer then normal to shop as I wasn't used to all natural and healthy types foods.... plus had to look around to find what I needed. Brand names, don't look for them! An experience I'm glad I got while here visiting. Wish they had one like this close to home in NJ

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Wide assortment of healthy food. Also has over ten "themed" food areas in the store for interesting meal for any taste.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

I've pedaled AustinTX-USA inside & out, up & down, West to East on 290, and have always found this Hill Country capital extremely interesting. Among the many fascinating aspects is this Whole Foods Market, with some rather nice bike parking underneath the main facility, with escalator access from the parking garage area. However, I was not pedaling on this occasion as it was graduation for our daughter from University of Texas. My mother had flown down on Southwest from STL, just as she had done two years earlier when our son matriculated. Only a bit older, she still thoroughly enjoyed the journey besides the formalities, along with visiting the area that gives Austin it's (nearly) World-class status. One feature was the Whole Foods Market, which has a unique deli where you 'build your own' (healthy) meal at $9.99/pound/.45kg. It was superb, but I curtailed my hunger--last time, my eyes were way bigger than my stomach, and I didn't want to portage any food! Anyway, there was ample seating for the 5 of us (self, wife, mother, son & his fiancee) on this delightful evening. If you've never been, do take advantage of much locally-produced foodstuffs and add to the community process of assisting our earth. However, do not think for an instant that you are 'green' or not contributing to climate change--Whole Foods, like ANY (successful) business, has a rather large carbon footprint--you'll notice food & store items that require a huge amount of transport. Regardless, you will enjoy a visit here, and maybe even become a regular if you reside in the area!

Reviewed May 14, 2013

We were on vacation in Austin, and my friend wanted to bring us to Whole Foods. I was like ummm okayyyyy....not really what we came to TX for lol. I LOVED it. This place has a little of everything! It even has a wine bar that you can sit and have a glass of wine. The food was amazing. My husband got fresh sushi. He said it was DELICIOUS. I had a freshly made sandwich that was yummy. There's a huge salad bar, huge bakery, just everything fresh and delicious you can imagine.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Whole Foods is a great place to visit for many reasons. The food is great. It can be pricey but there are usually specials and if you look around, you can get a good meal at reasonable prices. I love the food bars. Lots of samples. Wonderful people watching experience. Comfortable and relaxed atmosphere and ambience.. You can sit indoors or outdoors. Sometimes, there is music, events and other activities taking place.

Been to Whole Foods Market? Share your experiences!