“Awesome Hotel - extremely suprised and impressed!”

Super 8 Austin/Airport North
Ranked #64 of 203 Hotels in Austin
San Jose, CA
“Awesome Hotel - extremely suprised and impressed!”
Reviewed March 11, 2009

We stayed at this hotel for three nights recently and had a great experience. The value was incredible. Everything is new and clean and feels like a more upscale hotel. The room was very nicely decorated and very clean. All the amenities you get with a much more expensive place. The hotel staff and owner were also great. The service was great. The free breakfast and afternoon "dessert hour" added further to the great value. They had computers in the lobby and the ability to print and fax. I have absolutely nothing negative to say about this place. For 110/night plus tax you can't beat it!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tjsmommy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Texas
Reviewed February 10, 2009

Wow! Was I surprised. I saw the reviews and was still skeptical. Until I walked in the door. We were immediately greeted with friendly faces. Victor and his staff were more than accommodating. We were upgraded to a larger room, given "goody bags" and were assured that if we needed anything, they would be more than accommodating.

The room was fantastic. The beds were extremely comfortable (and tall) and we had a large Jacuzzi tub in the room. No detail was overlooked. We had a "pillow menu" where we could choose which size and thickness of pillow we wanted. But, with the four pillows already on the bed, we didn't need to ask for more. The towels next to the Jacuzzi were scented with a relaxing spa-type fragrance. Loved the large flat screen TV, free wireless access and the lap pad for my computer.

The breakfast was plentiful. Texas shaped waffles, eggs, bacon, pastries, cereals, fresh ground coffee, etc. They even had my favorite Activa yogurt. Make sure to look for the desserts in the evening.

Thanks for a wonderful stay. We’ll be back!

• Liked — Cleanliness, comfort
  • Disliked — I didn't get to stay long enough
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank TexasCruiseDiva
NY
Reviewed February 2, 2009

We usually stay 4 to 5 star hotels when we travel together and I stay 2 to 3 star hotels when I travel alone. After reading previous reviews, we decided to try this hotel even though my friend was very skeptical about the hotel with Super 8 name.. Well, I must admit, ALL good things that were said about this hotel were true. As far as the room, quality and service concerns, this was a 4 to 5 star hotel with 2 star price. The best thing is that you feel almost the owner's passion to do the best thing to give the best deal to the customer where ever you see during the stay.. flat screen everywhere, great breakfast, good linen and super bed and spotless room and bathroom, granite bathroom counter, pillow selection, free wifi/LAN, mini-mini-mart on site and the list goes on and on. My only hope is that the owner can survive this economic hardship and keep this etremely high quality service with all that great facility he provide for that 2 star charge..
GOOD JOB!! and Thanks for the great stay.

• Liked — value
  • Disliked — location,, but not that bad either
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank saminwp
Texas
Reviewed January 16, 2009

What a delight to find a hotel that caters to their clientele. We were greeted upon check in with a SMILE and GOODY BAG filled with bottled water, candy and snacks. The hotel was very clean and absolutely beautiful! We could not get over how nice and luxurious the rooms were... we kept saying... Is this really a Super8? The rooms are well decorated and have great beds and linens. My sons bed had a teddy bear on it, an extra nice touch. The rooms come with waffle spa robes and slippers.
The rooms were quiet and we got good rest before our early morning flight. The breakfast bar opened early just for us, as we had to catch an early flight. Our shuttle driver took us to the airport and assisted with loading and unloading bags. Shuttle pick up was nice and right on time. Overall, you can see that the owners (an family from India) take great pride in their hotel and really want to strive to be the best. Parking is included in the cost of the room, and was much cheaper than airport parking.
Great room and TOP NOTCH service all the way around. This is customer service as its BEST folks.

• Liked — Top Notch Room & Service
  • Disliked — Nothing -- It was perfect
  • Stayed January 2009
1 Thank TableForFive
illinois
Reviewed January 5, 2009

We have never stayed in a Super 8 and wanted to see why this particular one received such a high popularity ranking. There was a bag with goodies (snacks) awaiting in our room when we arrived. A bath robe was provided. The room and bathroom were spotless, bed was comfortable and the beddings of high quality. There was a 50" LCD tv in our room and there were LCD tvs everywhere in the public areas (e.g. even in the elevator). Everything looked very new and tastefully simple enough. The best experience was a Starbucks coffee machine in the breakfast room. There was a double swing in our Asian suite, and if I had read this in the review I probably would have stayed away, but it did not bother me. Staff was very polite.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank jim_and_jill09
seguin, texas
Reviewed December 7, 2008

I didn't actually stay here -- but I'm still impressed. I had booked a room here for a couple of nights because I was supposed to run in the Austin Double Decker Marathon. A few days prior, I cancelled the reservation through Super 8 due to illness. A few days later, I noticed a room charge pending on my bank account. I called the motel directly, and extremely polite front desk staffer (I wish I had gotten his name) looked into the mix-up, apologized profusely, and got a refund processed for me within a matter of minutes. I have lost count of how many places I have stayed that have sprung hidden charges on me at check-out or that have bungled a reservation. It's nice change of pace to find an honest motel. Like I said, I didn't actually stay here, but I wish I had.

• Liked — honesty
  • Stayed December 2008
2 Thank cavecritter
Austin, Texas
Reviewed December 4, 2008

We stayed there over Thanksgiving to watch the U.T. Longhorns beat the Aggies, and they did, don't worry! This hotel was just a short drive from the U.T. campus, and even though it was close to the freeway, it felt pretty quiet and secluded, which was nice!

We showed up late, but Mr. Patel at the front desk was extremely welcoming and we were checked in within minutes. The lobby is very nice, with a computer station set up for your use, comfortable lounge chairs, plasma televisions, and even cakes and cookies set out free for your every night.

Our room was very quiet with a nice view of the countryside. The bed was extremely comfortable and even though I didn't use this service, I thought it was nice that the hotel offered you different pillows if you wanted, such as neckrolls, temperpedics, etc.

Part of the room was sectioned off for an desk with a rolling executive chair, and had free wireless internet for us. The television was some huge plasma screen, which was nice, too. The bathroom had granite countertops, and was extremely clean and new-looking. The soaps, shampoo and conditioner were very tiny, so if you use a lot, or have a lot of people in the room with you, you may want to get some more of those. It was fine with just the two of us, though.

The water pressure in the shower was fine and there were plenty of towels for us. The overall appearance of the room and the bathroom were so much more than we expected from a Super 8 hotel. Everyone we told about our experience there was so surprised, and we are happy to tell everyone that this Super 8 on 51st Street is way above what you might be expecting, so don't be afraid to come try it out. We parked for free right outside the front door every night in a very well-lit parking lot also, which was nice, because some of the hotels closer in charge for that, too.

I have to mention this one thing, too, because when I saw it in the room, it made my day! Our room had a swing in it! Just like the front porch swing, but upholstered, even the arms. It was suspended from the ceiling on shiny brass links. I didn't ask for this and I don't know if every room comes with this feature, but after a big Thanksgiving Day feast, I just couldn't lay down and go down to sleep, so I sat on the porch swing and rocked for a while until my stomach settled down and went right to sleep!

I've never had that in a hotel room before and it was a really nice touch! I could look out the window at the expansive countryside at night or watch television from there very comfortably. Overall, I would rate my stay a 10! The only downside I noticed was that the pool was still being renovated at Thanksgiving, so if you're looking for that amenity, you may want to call first to see if it's done. It was pretty cold when we were there, so that wasn't something we were interested in at the time.

Anyway, thanks tripadvisor, you saved me again. I LOVE this website and have used it several times to find out the best places to stay and never would have even considered this Super 8, but thanks to this website, I did, and boy, am I ever glad!

• Liked — everything looked and smelled clean and new
  • Disliked — the soaps and shampoo and conditioners were on the tiny side
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple