“Just okay - not worth the great reviews here”

Super 8 Austin/Airport North
Ranked #64 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Houston, Texas
“Just okay - not worth the great reviews here”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We stayed here one night. Check-in was very easy, staff was courteous. We had a room on the 3rd floor. There was a distinct odor on the floor - not sure what it was. Almost smelled like stale water. I was hoping the smell was not in the room as well, but it was. I told my kids we would just get used to it. It wasn't unbearable, but it was a stagnant smell and definitely noticeable.

The room was fairly clean. The small stuffed animal they have on the bed definitely needed to be put through the wash. There was only one trash can in the room - the one in the bathroom. The towel rack was broken on one side and hanging from the wall. The lotion bottle had not been refilled and was half empty. At least the toilet had been sanitized (or at least the sash that said so was in place). The bed was very comfortable.

Breakfast the next day was typical of the type of continental + waffle type breakfasts available at comparable hotels. It was fine.

Since we were only there for one night, I didn't bother calling the front desk about my complaints. They were minor, but not what I would have expected based on the reviews here (which is why I booked the hotel). I will be looking elsewhere for our trip to Austin.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed January 24, 2013

The hotel is a short drive from downtown. The neighborhood is quiet. The room was clean. I stayed on two different times during my visit to Austin. The desk clerk even reserved based upon my request the same room that I had earlier in the week for my return stay later during that week. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo