“Pleasant Stay *****”

Ranked #61 of 200 Hotels in Austin
LAREDO
“Pleasant Stay *****”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

I had a very pleasant stay. I have stayed here before and I believe this is a very good hotel for the price. I am a smoker and all rooms are non-smoking but as far as I'm concerned it's worth the inconvienence to go outside to smoke. I have stayed at several hotels in the Austin area, varying in price from very expensive to cheap, but I really have enjoyed my stays here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

I decided to stay at this hotel after reading through their review along with other hotel reviews. This was my first stay at a Super 8, and I was very impressed with their sincere hospitality, cleaniness and amenities. Staff was very helpful and available to assist when I asked about resturants in the area. I really felt welcome and I can truely say that this Super 8-183 Airport was definitely "Home Away from Home".

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

I stayed here so many times..and every time.I stay I'm impressed of how every thing is so clean..they have great room service..especially the front desk..the employee Maggie I believe thats her name..she was really helpful the entire stay ..these is one of the best hotels ever

• Stayed September 2012
North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

After looking at reviews for hotels for the Austin area for days, I picked this hotel based on reviews. We were not disappointed. QUite the contrary. This was our first stay in a Super 8 and it sure won't be the last. We stayed in the Royal Suite for around $100/night with taxes included. The hotel is on Rt 183, not in a crowded area but still easy to get to things. Check-in was a breeze. Staff was very friendly. The front desk called our room about 15 minutes after we got there to make sure we were happy with everything and also asked if we needed anything. Very nice touch!

The room was very spacious. It had a microwave, fridge, and safe. The king bed was comfortable. We loved the indoor swing in our room and thought it was cute. Typical bathroom, although the shower head was very nice. We stayed for three nights and it was quiet the whole time. There is an included breakfast with waffles (Texas shaped, of course), hot biscuit sandwiches, cereal, pastries, yogurt, toast, oatmeal, etc. More choices than I would expect for a free breakfast. The lobby has a couple laptops and a printer, there is two TVs in the back vestibule with game consoles for the kids, although we did not use the pool and hot tub/spa, it looked very nice and others were using it. I honestly could not find much to critique, although I did see a few dead bugs above the lights in the elevator that could be removed. Otherwise this hotel was a score. Great price, clean, comfortable bed and room, friendly staff, good location, nice free breakfast, even a covered smoking area for smokers. We would absolutely stay here again. You will not be disappointed if you choose this hotel.

Room Tip: Grab a suite on the 3rd floor, you will not be disappointed.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

Our last stop before arriving at our location. We used TripAdvisor to locate this hotel. It was a very good nights stay. Thank You to all the staff that made our night comfortable and restful. The man at the front desk was very friendly and even helped us carry our bags.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

Just based on the excellent customer service i would rate this guy at 5 stars. Truly top notch! I am from out of town on vacation and was already low on funds not only was super 8 able to beat other lower graded hotels (i stopped at a few before this super 8) he spoke fluent spanish and was able to make spanish speaking family members feel right at home. Next time im in austin i will be staying there again. Thank you so much to all the staff members at super 8!

Room Tip: close to down town
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

First off, normally I avoid Super 8s when travelling, but after reading the Tripadvisor reviews and doing some of my own additional investigating, I can honestly say this particular Super 8 is a rare exception. Front desk service was outstanding. Breakfasts were equal to anything I have had at Hampton Inns or other hotels of that standard.
I was especially impressed when at 4:30 A.M. we had to check out for an early flight. The night manager (sorry, but I have forgotten his name) politely opened the cafe for us and offered coffee, juice and muffins to go. The cafe opens at 6:00 A.M., I believe, and although we did not request this special service, the consideration on the part of the night manager was entirely unexpected and certainly worthy of our thanks.
The only downside was the noisy pool party two stories below our window, which kept up until the early A.M. Sunday despite what I suspect were numerous complaints.
Overall, however, this hotel is excellent for those who know the Austin area and don't mind being a bit off the beaten track. Can't beat its proximity to the airport without its actually being at the airport.
As a frequent traveler to Austin, I will definitely stay at Super 8 Airport North again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family