“Not sure where all the good reviews are coming from!”

Super 8 Austin/Airport North
Ranked #75 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed March 1, 2012

We stayed here when we were in Austin for 2 nights because it was so highly rated on trip advisor. To give the management their due the service was faultless, to compensate for a mix up in our booking (their fault) they put us in the Longhorn suite for no extra cost (i have no idea if it should have cost extra or if the room rates are all the same!)
Beyond the courteous staff the hotel has very little to offer. The corridor outside our room smelt horribly of very strong food. The inside of the room was musty and didn't seem particularly clean, especially the longhorn memorabilia.
Of course this is a cheap motel and as such can't provide luxury, but we wouldn't stay here again no matter how good a deal it was.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank taysup

Reviewed February 6, 2012

Overall this hotel was a great value. Of the 12 or so Super 8's Ive stayed at in the last year, this one was the best by far.

Things I liked:
Very clean
Very up-to-date
Entire hotel was smoke free
Great beds
Good shower heads
Complimentary (free) snack
The pillow "library" with different types to choose from
Room had DVD player, fridge, microwave, and safe
Can borrow DVDs to watch
Can borrow books to read
TV in the elevator
Great breakfast choices

Things I didnt like:
No restaurants within walking distance

Again, overall this was a great experience and I would not hesitate in the slightest at recommending this Super 8 to anybody. Had the comfort and cleanliness of a "nice" hotel but wont break the bank.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank James K
Reviewed February 5, 2012

Rooms were great. Service was great. Everything was clean. free snacks in the room. Little mirror in the bathroom you could pull out to see up close or to look at the back of your hair. they even have a bathroom scales so you can see what u weight. Was very impressed with the whole package and will definitely say again!

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank 19toothfairy72
Reviewed January 31, 2012

We were very impressed with the overall cleanliness and atmosphere of the hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful! We really enjoyed the fact that there were 4 towels in the room so we didn't have to ask for extras. The exercise room was also really nice, as was the breakfast bar. I highly recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank mrsdocsunshine
Reviewed January 27, 2012

Stayed at the Super 8 airport north for 2 nights while in town for a job interview. I am a major clean-freak, and the room was spotless. Cleanliness is the most important thing to me, and I could not have been more happy. Extremly nice staff as well. Management must be wonderful.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank L0veH0liday
Reviewed January 2, 2012

We wanted to do something memorable, since my birthday weekend was upon us; so we made reservations at this NEW Super 8 in Austin. The reviews were correct! This location had more amenities than any other Super 8 we had ever patronized. Our 3rd floor room was perfect . . . large and clean, with a comfortable King-size bed (many pillows), large flat screen TV, frig & microwave, coffeepot, comfortable chairs, evening complimentary dessert & coffee in the lobby, biggest complimentary breakfast ever, WI-FI, lobby PC business cntr., convenient little store for needs and food, etc. Their staff was very polite and helpful too.
Our weekend included a Capitol tour, Bob Bullock State Museum and dinner at the Scholz Garten German Restaurant (Est.1866). All great places to visit while in Austin.

Room Tip: Make your reservation early and ask for 3rd floor rooms
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jim M
Reviewed December 29, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Super 8 Airport location for one night. We were given a second floor room but I asked for a third floor room and the front desk attendent quickly changed our room. The hotel is new and clean. There are no any stores or restaurants around it so you have to go back to I-35 or other places but it is really not that far of a drive. The breakfast was ok with the standard cereal, make your own waffles, juice, coffee, and other items. They have only one ice machine on the first floor, it would have been nice to have one on the third floor! When we got to the room, my husband was ready to see a game. The TV was weird! The volume went from 0 (no sound) to 1 (extremely loud). We were both tired and needed to relax and neither of us could tolerate a blasting TV. I spoke to the front desk attendent who said that she would send the maintenance man. My husband tried his best to fix the sound on the TV but nothing worked. After waiting almost 30 minutes, the front desk attendant came to our room to see if she could fix it (she said the maintenance man was busy helping someone else). She could not fix the TV sound and said that the TV was made like that (VIZIO brand). When I asked about moving to another room, she said that all of the rooms have the same TV. My husband ended up turning down the sound on the TV and listened to the game on his telephone. I just wasn't pleased with a crazy volume TV, so I went to the front desk attendant again and asked her if she at least let me see a TV in another room. When she took me to a room on the first floor it did have the same brand of TV but a different model. We checked it the TV and the volume control worked perfectly. She said that the model in our room was newer and apologized for our TV sound problem. We quickly changed roooms and praise be to GOD, the TV in our new room worked perfectly! Skip room 309 unless you can handle a loud TV. What I did not like about the room was the bed, (it was way too soft) and that the control for the ac was fixed on the wall (it was noisy too). Overall this hotel is ok for a one night.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple