All reviews mini mart laundry basket minute drive king room close to the airport ut campus motel cereal desk
Selected filters
Reviewed September 5, 2011

I booked this hotel after reading many incredible reviews. I also was pleasently surprised with the place. The entryway was more like a middle class hotel, and not an economy. Our room was so clean and welcoming. The bed was even more comfortable than the middle class hotel we had stayed in the night before. If i had to say that I had a complaint it would be the breakfast situation. Breakfast was "served" from 6 to 10. We didn't have to be up early so we went to breakfast around 9:15. Threre was NOTHING left to eat, and there were at least 10 more people that came in behind us. There were a few pieces of fruit left, and some oatmeal. If a place is going to offer a hot breakfast then they need to actually have someone there to tend to breakfast until TEN O'CLOCK!. We ended up having to leave to go get breakfast somewhere else. Otherwise, the staff was very helpful and friendly. We will definatly stay again, and hope that by that time they will have the breakfast thing fixed, so that "late sleepers" with a 4 year old can feed that child!!

Date of stay: September 2011
Reviewed September 3, 2011

Very frendly and honest management and staff. Spotless large rooms. Makes you think you are at home. Great breakfast bar. Free airport shuttle punctual service. Only draw back is the lack of a nearby restaurant, but the management was very good to help. BIGGEST BANG FOR THE $$$

Room tip: Spacious, Spotless, Superb, Superior,
Date of stay: July 2011
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Usually when you stay in an inexpensive chain hotel, you don't have incredibly high expectations. They aren't terrible, but they aren't special.

This hotel kinda blew us away. It's a very new (or newly renovated) hotel, and everything is really nice. The beds are wonderfully soft & supportive. The rooms have desks and couches, and aesthetically pleasing fixtures. In addition to complimentary breakfast, they also serve dessert in the evening.
The little touches are what makes this hotel so nice - the wall thermostat, the ceiling fan, the comfortable sheets and comforters, the nice mirrors, and the stone bathroom counter. They have new flat-screen tvs, and even the artwork on the walls is pretty.
The staff was helpful and extremely nice.
I would definitely come back, and I will certainly recommend this hotel to others!

Date of stay: August 2011
Reviewed August 11, 2011

We stayed here for a few days while we explored the Austin area. It's a very easy commute from the airport, so if you are renting/hiring a car from the airport, finding this hotel is a piece of cake. Our room was large, clean, quiet and comfortable. Absolutely no complaints. We had a large, flat screen TV with ample channels which unfortunately was only switched on once. The wifi in our room was very fast and strong signal. It was very hot while we were there, and the hotel was fairly empty, so I had the pool area to myself. It's very small, and I couldn't imagine this area with more than 3-4 guests in the water, but during our visit it was perfect. Breakfasts are adequate with Starbucks coffee and some breads, cereals and bacon and eggs. At 6pm they put out a little treat for people. Sometimes it was naughty - cakes and cookies. Other times it was healthy - watermelon.
The only minor negative things I could add are two:
1 - They are kind enough to give you a half liter bottle of water on day 1, but the water is never replenished and 500ml is not enough for two people. They are probably better either not giving any or giving at least 2 bottles, otherwise it comes off as very stingy. They do put a 1 liter bottle of water in the bathroom with a note saying it will be $4/bottle. I'd expect this from a Hilton or equivalent but not a Super 8. If you drive maybe 2km/1mile north up 183, there's a convenience store where we bought 4 liters for $1.83 and put them in our fridge. As I stated earlier, it's very minor.
2 - We asked for a later checkout - just an hour later - and were told that it's $40 for any late checkout up to 3pm, no matter the duration. There was no wiggle room on this and the hotel was far from full. I respect their rules but sometimes think a goodwill gesture or even some price flexibility goes a long way, especially when it is clear that it can be offered.
On the whole though, a solid hotel.

Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2011

I don't know how old the facilities are, but they appear to be brand new. Everything was extremely clean and well maintained. Our room was MUCH better than expected, and the reviews we saw before were all great. The price was great, especially for the quality of stay.

Date of stay: July 2011