“Very Impressed and Affordable”

Super 8 Austin/Airport North
Ranked #63 of 203 Hotels in Austin
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Very Impressed and Affordable”
Reviewed July 17, 2011

We were very pleased with our room and the location of the hotel. And the room was wonderful and affordable and the microwave and frig in the room were a plus. This hotel made our trip affordable. We drove from New Orleans and it was not difficult to find this hotel. It was also a short ride to downtown Austin. We will visit Austin again and we will stay at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Reviewed July 17, 2011

First off let me say this is a VERY reasonable price for the hotel. The staff was great and really did try hard to please but,,,,,the first night the pool was out of order. Our microwave didn't and in the middle of the night it starting beeping and wouldn't quit until we unplugged it. This is one thing I find unacceptable! The first night I noticed a stain on the top of my sheet, guess what I noticed the second night???? The same stain on my sheet!!! They hadn't changed the sheets! Definitely not a good thing, I wonder how long they had been on the bed?
Another thing, if you are wanting to stay somewhere close to the city, 6th street, downtown, zilker park, don't pick this hotel, it is alittle out of the way.

1 Thank Visionsbydean
Rising Star, Texas
Reviewed July 17, 2011

The good reviews don't lie, this was a pleasant stay. Quieter than the Marriott in San Antonio where we stayed for Seaworld. Fresh and excellent complimentary breakfast. Rooms clean, beds good. Only con is a personal taste, I really do not like Starbucks coffee.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed July 13, 2011

We chose this hotel for its close proximity to Walter E. Long Park where the Couple's Triathlon in Austin was to take place. The location was perfect as it was only a 10 minute drive to the lake. As our room was not yet ready at the 2pm check-in time, we were upgraded to a king suite. The hallways smelled very nice and did not have odors like you sometimes find in older hotels. The room was nice and there was a small snack basket available for us. The bed was comfortable, and there were lots of pillows. The room included a mini frig and a ceiling fan. There were also convenient outlets for our cell phone chargers on the night stand lamps. The hotel has a pool and a fitness center which consisted of 3 pieces of equipment, and there were flat screen TVs everywhere! The breakfast selection was fair and they did offer "scrambled eggs," mini sausage biscuits, and waffles, in addition to pastries and cereal. The "dessert bar" was available from 4-9pm, but unless you get there early, there's nothing left and the goodies are not replaced.
We did check out the reviews before I booked our room, and we were very pleased with our stay here.

Room Tip: Book through Tripadvisor.com or other search engines rather than Super 8 reservations. We got a rea...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 12, 2011

When my husband told me he booked a Super 8 for our weekend stay, I was pretty peeved. We normally stay in resorts and higher end hotels so I was expecting a dumpy motel. Wow was I wrong!! The people at the front desk were so friendly and attentive. The hotel itself was comforting, inviting, and surprisingly modern! They even had a dessert bar! The room was spacious and there was even a pillow menu and terrycloth bathrobe to wear. The free breakfast was far above standard continental. Fresh waffles, fruit, pastries, eggs, bacon, you name it! I have to admit, my husband outdid himself on this one. We WILL be returning. :)

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed July 12, 2011

Hands down one of the best hotels I've stayed at in the world, and I've stayed at some very expensive hotels in exotic countries. Do not be fooled by the Super 8 name, this is a great hotel. Would stay there again and again and again. The attention to the small details is amazing indeed.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 7, 2011

My husband and I stayed here during 4th of July. We enjoyed the Asian suite with a swing ! The flat screen was nice and house keep did a good job cleaning the bed. They came at a good hour, not 8 a.m. like the super 8 in Colby KS. The only trouble was finding the place, we had the GPS lead us to two other super 8's then a series of circles til I switch to my phone then found it. Its way south on 183. But I would suggest staying here. Breakfast is good and the people are helpful.