“absolutely fantastic place”

Neighborhood: Downtown
Northeast USA
“absolutely fantastic place”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We were walking in the downtown area with Yelp on iPhone in hand trying to find a restaurant that will have good vegetarian options. It was a chilly December night. We walked into the restaurant simply because Yelp had tons of stars on this restaurant. After our dinner was over, we knew why. The food was really really excellent (and I am not talking of only vegetarian options), the price was so cheap. It is not a full service restaurant, you order at the counter and they serve you at the table. It is very popular, so a bit crowded. But the experience was so good that I felt compelled to write a review. :-)

• Visited December 2012

Austin, Texas
“Ymmmmy”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I love this place. Not only is it good food but it is healthy as well. It is fusion so if you are looking
for authentic Asian food then it may not be what you are expecting but you will still love it!

• Visited February 2012
Reading, Massachusetts
“Not a big fan”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

The food was okay but not great. I think they try to put an earthy crunchy spin on asian food which is completely un-necessary. This place is very fusion and I think they just didn't do a great job. When it comes to asian food you should just try to execute it really well. Just make amazing asian food, there is no reason to re-invest it. For example, it seems that they use brown rice and they do not do a traditional teriyaki with their beef or chicken teriyaki. We also had the tuna. It was a seared piece of tuna steak which was not the best grade. Actually it was like something you would buy at the supermarket and sear yourself. Honestly, I could have done a better job. It just wasn't great. For a place rated so well, I was just expecting much much more. I have had much better asian food at places rated much lower.

• Visited November 2012
Austin, Texas
“Finally!”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Yummmm! Cute, quaint place. Love the decor and the guy at the register taking orders is very polite with a great smile. I heard at least 2 others in line say, "This is my new favorite spot."
Well, it's my new favorite too! I had the Obaki bowl with tofu and rice and a side salad which was delicious! You get a bowl of complimentary miso soup with and entree. My husband had the "mix mix" with tofu and an egg. It was the most beautiful presentation I've ever seen. Everything is fresh and doesn't leave your lips greasy! This place is not expensive at all, very reasonably priced. You must go! It's a nice change from pei wei or mama fu's.

• Visited November 2012
Turin, Piemonte, Italy
“Why nobody told me about it?”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I guess this is one of those Austin wonderful secrets, a place locals reserve for them selves, because I can't understand how such a wonderful place has never been recommended to me.
I was looking for some healthy options to eat out and found the Koriente website were they tell their story. It sounded perfect so we headed towards that direction.
The restaurant is in the middle of downtown and it provides with parking space. It is a cute, small building, with an intimate feeling on it.
The staff was very nice and friendly, and they help as to choose.
Food was superb. The sizes where plenty generous but it was soo good it was hard to stop. Our plates come with a miso soup that was also super yummy.
We haven't had the teas yet, but I am looking forward to it.

• Visited August 2012