“Fine Dining - Perfect Service”
Review of North Italia

North Italia
Reserve with OpenTable
North Italia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #54 of 3,801 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Northwest Austin
Cross street: Mopac
Description: North, exemplifies a culinary tradition that blends sophisticated Italian cuisine with the comfort of traditional cooking techniques. The menu features dishes that are created from the freshest ingredients without the unnecessary adornments of cream or heavy sauces. Crispy thin crust pizza, wood roasted entrees, pasta specialties, and a variety of antipasti round out the menu. The world-class wine list features 30 selections by the glass, terzo (third of a bottle) or bottle. North also offers a variety of specialty cocktails.
Reviewed October 1, 2012

If only us Brits could do service like the Americans.

5 of us out to dinner here. Everything was perfect, timing, service and food was divine.

I had scallops which were the best I've ever tasted.

I was a bit jetlagged so can't remember much more other than being completely bowled over by the place :-)

1  Thank Malc67

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Great food, Great location! The salmon was excellent and our waitress was very accommodating. Next time we are in Austin, we will be coming here!

Reviewed September 19, 2012

I ate here last night for dinner at my salad was terrible! I had the goat cheese and strawberry salad, the strawberries looked frozen and the quality of the goat cheese and greens wasn't great. The dressing was not anything speical either and the chicken added to it was just okay. My sister-in-law ordered pizza and it wasn't as good as usual either, not sure what was going on there yesterday ! I've eaten there for lunch several times before and did enjoy it, maybe they were having a bad day. The waiter was nice though and the place is chill.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

NoRTH
I used Open Table to book our party of six.  I indicated on my reservation that we were celebrating my daughter's birthday.  When we arrived the hostess announced "Oh, you are celebrating a birthday" (well, there goes any surprise, no big deal).
Our table was ready, and the service was very good.  Our food was great, and we all enjoyed the atmosphere.

The Crescenza Bruschetta was really good. The calamari was also very fresh and tasty. The artichoke was kind of anemic sized, and just so-so.

The pizzas were all enjoyed at the table. I had the shrimp fettuccine and it was very tasty. My daughter had the prosciutto chicken and it was overcooked and dry as can be.

Oh, they forgot to bring anything like a scoop of ice cream and a candle for my daughter. I complained to the manager on the way out, and they told me they had a process for birthday, and this shouldn't have happened. I nicely suggested they needed a better process.  The manager did offer to give us a card for a free birthday dessert for our next visit.  I declined the offer, leaving somewhat irritated.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

NoRTH specializes in North Italian cuisine: polenta, rather than pasta, accompanies most dishes. The scallops were out of this world. The ambiance is great, whether in the air-conditioned inside seating area or at the piazza outdoors. Highly recommended!