Tripadvisor

OR
Order Online
Ranked #4 of 248 Quick Bites in Austin
Reviewed January 21, 2020

I go to Austin every year with a new person (or two this year) for business and it is always fun to introduce them to Torchy's as the quintessential Austin kind of place. I love that you can get Topo Chico water in a glass bottle. My favorite drink. Any of the tacos are good - fresh and tasty. There is something for everyone there.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (630)

Reviewed January 11, 2020

Definitely check out Torchy's when in Austin- they have a lot of locations. Feels like a corporate fast food place- we even saw a few people come in and say "Oh, this is not what I expected...." It was definitely more corporate and fast food feeling than I had expected. BUT the quality is awesome and everything was really really delicious. Highly recommend. We basically did a taco and barbecue tour of Austin, and this definitely belongs on that tour.

Only disappointment is that they didn't serve alcohol (although they had a bar setup in the front of the store, strangely)

But, DEFINITELY try it out.

We would LOOOOOVE for Torchy's to come to San Francisco!

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed January 11, 2020

Each of the serves are small potions. So recommendation is to order 3-4 of them for a group of 3. There were vegetarian options too ( guacamole) and the likes. The taste is exemplary.highly recommend !

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed January 7, 2020

Torchy's Tacos is good only if you like spicy food, because all their sauces that come on their tacos are spicy and if you want any kind of flavor, you need some kind of sauce. The tacos on their own (without any sauce) don't really have much flavor to me.
The queso is also pretty spicy, which is not normally how it's supposed to be. Any other restaurant you go to for queso is NOT spicy. There are some with maybe a HINT of spice, but not like this.
I guess that's why they call it Torchy's - because everything is HOT.

I don't understand all the raving reviews of this place. It's the same thing for me with In-N'-Out. Everybody says how amazing In-N'-Out is, but I didn't see or taste anything special about it. I can make a better burger at home. It was just a regular burger that wasn't even that flavorful.

I guess Torchy's just isn't for me.

The breakfast tacos are decent, though.

IMO Fuzzy's Taco Shop is waaaayyyy better and they have more options for lunch/dinner plates as well as a good variety of taco selections, some spicy, some not. Their queso is one of my favorites of all time.

It just depends on what you like, I guess.

Date of visit: January 2020
1  Thank O3087WHjenniferc
Reviewed December 30, 2019

Our favorite tacos were the naughty Santa, trailer park (trashy), and crossroads. Tacos are packed with flavor and have a lot of filling. The democrat was the only one that we found a little bland. The queso dip and the chips were also very good.

Date of visit: December 2019

Been to Torchy's Tacos? Share your experiences!