“Shady Creek RV Park”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Aubrey
Shady Creek RV Park
Fairfield, Ohio
“Shady Creek RV Park”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

This is our second year that we have stayed at Shady Creek RV Park. We visit our daughter who live not far from the campground. it is very quiet and clean. There is also a nice asphalt parking lot and roads in the Campground. We have two small dogs and found a dog walk. The water pressure is great and the electric was very good no breakers blown. The management is very nice. We stayed at another RV Park a little more in to wards Denton and it was so noisy (traffic noises) that I was unable to get to sleep.
We will be back next year to Shady Creek we really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank janie0614

Box Elder, South Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

Park is a 10. Really clean. Spaces good, Water Pressure Good. Electric Good. Parking for 2 cars in most sites. Good Sam discounts Black top roads and gravel sites. This is one of the better parks we have stayed in.
Park has a 9.5 rating in Good Sam Camp Directory.

The managers are Texas Friendly Folks.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Helloroad
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

We had a choice between this place and Lazy L. The latter's photo gallery was a little scary, so I opted for this one. We stayed here for a few nights in a 38-foot motorhome.

Be careful when you drive in. Entrance road is a mess as of this writing (Sep 15). They are re-paving, so the road is cut out all over. Instead of doing one side at a time, they're working in a somewhat checkerboard pattern, so it's like driving in a mine field. That was fun in my Jeep, but not the motorhome. We got NO advance warning when I called to book a site. Since the roadway isn't lit, you don't see the mess at night until you're up on it.

We arrived after hours, picked up our info and had no problem settling in. Very easy backing in. Spacious sites, easy hookups, but no picnic tables. Weird. I've heard that this place caters mostly to long-term folks, so maybe people bring their own patio furniture?

Not happy with wifi; it's not free. I asked about it before we came and I couldn't really understand Connie on the phone. She basically suggested tethering to my cell phone, but I didn't know why. I thought maybe the service was poor. We've dealt with that, so I figured we would be fine with slow connections. Well, I logged on and got free access for about 15 minutes. After that, every time I tried to log on, I got this in a window: "PLEASE ENTER YOUR ACCESS CODE BELOW. TO PURCHASE ACCESS CODES, PLEASE CALL OR STOP BY THE OFFICE. 10 - 2 HOUR CODES IS $15. UNLIMITED ACCESS FOR 30 DAYS IS $50. UNLIMITED ACCESS CODE WILL WORK ON ONE COMPUTER." So wifi is basically $15 for almost a day. Ridiculous! And then you can only use each code on one device.

We would consider coming back, but there were other parks/resorts that were just full and that's why we stayed here. I like free wifi (and cable), so we wouldn't stay more than 2 or 3 nights. With our Good Sam discount, it cost us $27 plus tax for a back-in with full hookups, 50 amps, so I'm not complaining TOO much. I would rather have paid a little extra per night for free wifi and cable, though.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank stef2dotoh
Eagle River, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

I was very impressed with Connie and really appreciated her professionalism. She went above and beyond my expectations; she made me feel right at home. The showers were amazing! The laundry room was very nice as well. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Alaskan G
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

My husband and I are fulltimers. We have stayed in many Parks in the hill country during the winters that have activities and the opportunity to make lasting friendships. We have been in shady creek for a little over a year, and during that time the new management have started having potlucks, game night and ladies get together. We don't have to go further south any more. The managers have made some of the campers clean up their sites where needed. We have a gentleman who cleans the bathrooms, laundry room and clubhouse and he does a good job, you might even see him picking up after the dogs of people who don't think they have to do it. The work staff are friendly and work hard to keep the park clean and attractive. We feel at home here are happy here and most likely you will too.

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank catdi101
Aubrey, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

We stayed at Shady Creek RV Park for about 4 months and everybody that worked there was always very friendly and helpful with anything we asked, weather it be directions, a store or a question about the park. They were always improving the park for things the RV'ers might enjoy during their stay. The Laundry Room, Exercise Room, Bathrooms were always extremely well kept. The grounds were always clean. The other RV'ers were friendly as well, weather they were full time tenants or just passing thru. The park is also in a good location to several main roads.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Tommy_1417
Apple Valley, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Shady Creek for 10 wonderful days. The park is clean, quiet, well run, and the management very friendly and accommodating. The bathrooms, laundry room, exercise room, and commons area were always clean and well kept. Park residents seemed very friendly and we left with several new friendships. It is located near a gas station and not far from several cities with all the regular stores. We also loved the back roads near by for motorcycling. We highly recommend Shady Creek and definitely plan to return next winter!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Janice K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aubrey
Homewood Suites by Hilton, Dallas-Frisco
Comfort Suites Frisco
Comfort Suites Frisco
#10 of 14 in Frisco
Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas/Frisco North-Fieldhouse USA
Best Western Premier Crown Chase Inn & Suites
Home2 Suites by Hilton Dallas-Frisco
Hilton Garden Inn Denton

Been to Shady Creek RV Park? Share your experiences!