“Truely Texan”

World Famous MOMS
Ranked #1 of 25 Restaurants in Aubrey
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Fresh "from scratch" Home Cooking in the Heart of Horse Country! Serving award winning Chicken Fried Steak and Coconut Cream Pie! Bakery on site serving fresh baked pies. Friendly staff, and can accommodate large groups!
Lewisville, Texas
“Truely Texan”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

If you have visitors then you need to take them to Lucy's-Mom's on Main, here in Aubrey. They are very generous with their portions and have a varied menu to order from. I'm partial to the patty-melt sandwich on rye, along with those delicious french fries. I always have to take half of it home in a "to-go box". Lots of decorations of things we grew up with displayed around the restaurant. A truely small hometown friendly restaurant.

• Visited December 2012

Texas
“Nice atmosphere - Great food”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

We really enjoy the feel of a small country town, family owned and run cafe. Best chicken fried steak and fried okra around. Good food and quick service. A very quiet atmosphere makes it easy to visit with people. Worth driving out of your way for.

• Visited November 2012
California
“Mom's average cooking”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We ordered grilled cheese and tomato soup, the tomato "soup" waas more like spaghetti sauce in a cup, poor value for the money paid. Establishment was sticky and dirty, hate it when they wipe the seats off with the same towel as the table tops :(

Visited October 2012
Frisco, Texas, United States
“Drive HERE instead of South”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I live in Frisco, TX (a northern suburb of Dallas). Often we drive down toward Dallas for dining out. BUT, we will drive northwest to Aubrey, TX (same distance, much less traffic) because we found Lucy's Mom's Restaurant. I say "found" because this is the "same" restaurant that used to be located on the square in downtown Celina, TX. Both my husband and I and my friends and I used to drive to Celina about 4 years ago just to eat at "Lucy's". But then, for whatever reason, Lucy's was sold to new owners, unbeknownst to us. We showed up to eat one day and nothing was good anymore. We didn't know what had happened, but didn't return again.

A few months later, I actually ran into a member of the Lucy's family in a local store. I didn't know her much, but we both recognized each other, as I had visited often. I asked her the question that had been bugging me for months, "WHAT HAPPENED?!" She explained to me that they had sold their business in Celina. Ugh! I was devastated! I love'd Lucy's and had even had my last birthday party there.

Fast forward 3-4 years and my husband heard of a restaurant in Aubrey called "Lucy's Mom's". Instantly I started thinking, "I wonder..." So, off we went to Aubrey. I guess you can guess what happened. I found it! It was the REAL owners of the old Lucy's before they sold. They opened shop in Aubrey (as they actually live right around the corner from the store) and everything is not only just as good as it used to be -- but in some regards, even better!

They have a bigger diner now. There is tons of seating and even a whole other room that one can rent for banquets, family gatherings or whatnot (which I fully intend on utilizing for my next birthday gathering!) Also, now, rather than servers taking your order, you go up to the counter and order directly. They still bring it out to you, but this saves you from the sit and wait to order game. You order when YOU'RE ready.

The food -- Oh my heavens! If there's no Lucy's Mom (Kris) in heaven, I ain't goin'! Everything is home-cooking style and GOOD! Large portions, home-made everything. Even real mashed potatoes. No instant here. The food is a good enough reason to visit, but the DESSERT.... No words. Just awesome. Many types of pie and even a couple different cake options -- home-made cake and pie. Did I mention their delectable yeast rolls? None better in this area.

The decor is antique and absolutely lovely. There's even a "candy counter" you can purchase goodies from, as well as gifts and toys at the front of the store. Lucy's Mom's supports local artisans.

All this, and the family is salt of the earth people. After I arrived at this new location, I wanted to ensure that I was correct that this was the original Lucy's crew. I asked the server if I might have a word with the owner (both were there on a Saturday - those are people who care about their business.) I've never done this before: ask to speak to an owner. Kris (spelling?) came out to speak to me. I explained my history with Lucy's and how excited I am to have found them again. I know I probably made a fool of myself gushing, but she was just as lovely and kind as a person can be. She made me feel like part of her own family, not in some kind of fake kind of way either, but just in her sincere friendliness and welcoming manner. I guess she appreciated my compliment, because next thing I know, two plates of DELICIOUS, moist, scrumptious chocolate cake arrived at our table, compliments of the owners. How sweet!

So, even before Kris gave us free chocolate cake (which I would've readily paid for, it's so good), I already planned on writing this review to tell you how awesome Lucy's is! My ONLY fear in telling people is that it will get too busy and I won't be able to get in! Oh well. I'll risk it because this place is awesome and deserves every customer that walks through it's doors.

When you go, let 'em know you read about them on Trip Advisor. I don't even know if they know what Trip Advisor is. All they're concerned about is serving good food in a good place. Being Number One just happens to be a product of excellent business.

• Visited October 2012
“You will leave stuffed!”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Great home cooked food, and huge portions! Laid back atmosphere, kid friendly. Love the charm of this small town cafe