“Glad I didn't heed the reviews from another website” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Athens TX

Super 8 Athens TX
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Athens
Austin, Texas
“Glad I didn't heed the reviews from another website”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

Visiting family in Athens I needed a cheap place to stay for 3 nights and overall was very impressed with the Hotel for the price. The room was clean, smelled fresh, the towels and bed linens were spotless and soft. Fridge, safe, coffee maker and free wifi (great signal) in the room. no noise disturbance at all, even though it seemed to be fully booked on the Friday and Sat night. The staff that I encountered were all very friendly and quick to offer up a smile. The complimentary breakfast was small in terms of the choice of available items but you got the basics, and I probably overdid things on day three with the fresh cooked waffles. After I had booked the hotel I had seen other reviews on a different travel website and i must admit to have second guessed my stay, but I'm assuming those reviews are severely dated (or from a rival hotel) because nothing that I read related in any way to this Super 8. I'll be back visiting family again in Athens and will have no hesitation in rebooking here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
S8ATHENS, General Manager at Super 8 Athens TX, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Thank you for staying with us at the Super 8 Athens. We are glad that you gave us the opportunity to accommodate your lodging needs. It is always reassuring to hear our guests enjoyed their stay. Thank you again, and we hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Austin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

We stayed during a Canton Trade Days weekend. GM Chetan Patel and his staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The manager provided an area map with several restaurants that are only a short drive away. The staff kept the lobby and breakfast area clean & tidy. The hotel and rooms are dated, but we were not there for the décor. The important things were that the rooms were clean and comfortable with cold A/C, lots of hot water, a mini fridge & microwave. It was a great value for the price and we plan to stay there again anytime we are there for Canton Trade Days.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Super 8 Athens TX, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and the service that you received from our staff. I will pass on the praises to my employees. We thank you and hope to see you again soon.
Nederland, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

I was pleasantly suprised that a budget motel was as nice as this one. The breakfast (especially the waffles) started our travel day off nicely. A refrigerator, a safe, coffee....everything expected from a more expensive hotel was in the room.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
S8ATHENS, General Manager at Super 8 Athens TX, responded to this review, June 2, 2012
We thank you for staying with us at the Super 8 Athens. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and had a great experience with our staff! We look forward to your visit again!
Orange, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

pick a good location to stay at, near to what your plans are, check out the city in where you staying to see what places there are to eat meals, shop, medical, and are any other sights to see, and for myself I love my dog, pick a pet friendly motel,traveling w/ your pet makes the trip that much more fun.

Room Tip: pick a room that fits your needs, like a bottom floor room if you have health issues,and always slee...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
S8ATHENS, General Manager at Super 8 Athens TX, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Thank you for staying with us during your travels. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your pets, and chose to stay with us while traveling with your pets. We hope to see you again.
Savannah, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

I have stayed at the Super 8 Athens several times as a vendor for the First Monday Trade Days. Our rooms are always clean and I love the fact that they come with a microwave and refrigerator. The manager and staff are wonderful...they remember our names each month and always make sure we have the room location we want...bottom floor...three rooms together. We (the group I stay with) continue to recommend this hotel to other vendors/visitors and will definitely continue to stay here each month. The facility is nice, the breakfast is good but the service is always great...and that's what we come back each month for!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We thank you and your friends for staying with us while at Canton Trade Days. We know you have other options, but are grateful you chose to stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again.
Oatmeal, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2012

This review is specifically about the customer service offered by one individual, Chet, who did everything he could to correct a problem created by Priceline.com.

Although Priceline.com failed to indicate, before booking, that there would be additional charges for a pet and refused to cancel or refund the booking, Chet went out of his way to try to correct the problem. Albeit the problem was created and owned by Priceline.com, Chet handled the situation as though it was Super 8's responsibility since Priceline.com was representing Super 8. He worked with Priceline.com to arrange for the cancellation and refund of the reservation charges and made sure that the customer was left with a positive picture of Super 8, after the distasteful encounter with Priceline.com. As a result, the customer booked with Super 8 anyway, because Chet's customer service was so exemplary.

This write-up is not about the room/amenities, which were acceptable. Rather this write up is about an exemplary level of customer service which one rarely finds in this country anymore. This kind of service and caring can surmount many obstacles in establishing a dedicated customer base.

Thanks Chet!!!

Room Tip: Rooms are not as luxurious as many others, but they are clean well kept. Amenities are limited, but...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
S8ATHENS, General Manager at Super 8 Athens TX, responded to this review, March 9, 2012
Mr. Smith...I just wanted to thank you for the kind words. I am just glad that Priceline.com gave you a full refund. As you stated, websites such as Priceline.com, Hotels.com, Expedia.com and Orbitz.com represent the Super 8 Athens when selling rooms on our behalf. I wanted to make sure that you didn't feel that it was the Super 8 Athens who failed to provide the customer service that was lacking by Priceline.com. Again, we are glad that everything worked out. I am also glad that you stayed with us. We hope you come back again, soon.
Paris, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2012

I stayed here during a spur of the moment road trip. When I decided to stop in Athens for the night, I spotted the Super 8. It was priced very reasonable, very clean, and the front desk people I spoke with were very friendly and helpful. After the first night, I decided to stay a second night. No problem. The breakfast area was very comfortable and clean. They had a nice selection of breakfast foods, including waffles and fruit. They have an agreement with the Cain Center (athletic facility in Athens) for guests to use the facility for no charge. I went over there one afternoon and had no problem using the facilities and getting in a great workout. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us while visiting Athens. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Athens
BEST WESTERN Plus Royal Mountain Inn & Suites
#2 of 2 in Gun Barrel City
Tara Inn
Tara Inn
#2 of 5 in Athens

Been to Super 8 Athens TX? Share your experiences!