Super 8 Athens TX
$49
Countryside Inn(Malakoff)
$50
Hotels.com
Comfort Inn & Suites, Mabank, Tx(Mabank)(Great Value!)
$85
TripAdvisor
$85
ComfortSuites
Agoda.com
All reviewswaffleshotel room was cleancanton trade daysgood nights sleeproom was largegreat place to staybeds were comfortablethe breakfast areawould stay here againchettxsuitcasestilecerealmicrowaveaccommodationshighway
Reviewed March 4, 2012

This review is specifically about the customer service offered by one individual, Chet, who did everything he could to correct a problem created by Priceline.com.

Although Priceline.com failed to indicate, before booking, that there would be additional charges for a pet and refused to cancel or refund the booking, Chet went out of his way to try to correct the problem. Albeit the problem was created and owned by Priceline.com, Chet handled the situation as though it was Super 8's responsibility since Priceline.com was representing Super 8. He worked with Priceline.com to arrange for the cancellation and refund of the reservation charges and made sure that the customer was left with a positive picture of Super 8, after the distasteful encounter with Priceline.com. As a result, the customer booked with Super 8 anyway, because Chet's customer service was so exemplary.

This write-up is not about the room/amenities, which were acceptable. Rather this write up is about an exemplary level of customer service which one rarely finds in this country anymore. This kind of service and caring can surmount many obstacles in establishing a dedicated customer base.

Thanks Chet!!!

Room Tip: Rooms are not as luxurious as many others, but they are clean well kept. Amenities are limited, but those available are well kept. This write-up is primarily about a level of customer service not usually seen in the US any more.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
S8ATHENS, General Manager at Super 8 Athens TX, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2012

Mr. Smith...I just wanted to thank you for the kind words. I am just glad that Priceline.com gave you a full refund. As you stated, websites such as Priceline.com, Hotels.com, Expedia.com and Orbitz.com represent the Super 8 Athens when selling rooms on our behalf. I wanted to make sure that you didn't feel that it was the Super 8 Athens who failed to provide the customer service that was lacking by Priceline.com. Again, we are glad that everything worked out. I am also glad that you stayed with us. We hope you come back again, soon.

Reviewed February 28, 2012

I stayed here during a spur of the moment road trip. When I decided to stop in Athens for the night, I spotted the Super 8. It was priced very reasonable, very clean, and the front desk people I spoke with were very friendly and helpful. After the first night, I decided to stay a second night. No problem. The breakfast area was very comfortable and clean. They had a nice selection of breakfast foods, including waffles and fruit. They have an agreement with the Cain Center (athletic facility in Athens) for guests to use the facility for no charge. I went over there one afternoon and had no problem using the facilities and getting in a great workout. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for staying with us while visiting Athens. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed January 15, 2012

We stayed here as part of a 4,000+ mile road trip from Tucson, AZ to Wilmington, NC & back. The room was clean & had everything we needed (pet-friendly, fridge, & microwave). We had a lot of trouble connecting to the Internet in the morning, & someone from the hotel came to our room to fix it. The reason I'm rating this a 4 instead of a 5 is the price. Aside from our hotel in Wilmington where we stayed for 5 nights, this was the most expensive hotel on our trip (over $100 for 1 night). All the other hotels we stayed at for just one night were also pet-friendly with a fridge & microwave, but they were cheaper than this one.

I should mention that our original plan was to stay overnight in Dallas this night of the trip (a Friday night), but I couldn't find anything in Dallas for less than $200 a night...& not even much for that price. I was trying to figure out why hotels in Dallas were so expensive when I found out the Super Bowl was being held there that weekend! (Obviously I don't follow football at all LOL.) So, we rerouted our trip to avoid the traffic & ridiculously high hotel prices in Dallas. That may also be why this hotel was so expensive the night we stayed, I'm not sure.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
S8ATHENS, General Manager at Super 8 Athens TX, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2012

Thank you for staying at the Super 8 Athens while on your cross country trip.

Reviewed January 10, 2012

My husband stayed in this hotel 4 years ago and liked it, and on that basis we decided to go back there when we were in Athens. There was hardly anyone there and we had a very quiet night (brilliant). We were on the second floor in a very spacious corner room (room 209) which had 3 queen beds and two sofas (not sure if they were fold out), a table & 4 chairs, fridge & microwave, which suited our family of 2 adults, 2 kids perfectly. The room itself was clean and the lady on duty at the front desk was very helpful. Breakfast included 'Texas' shaped waffles (love it!), toast, muffins, 2 types of cereal, fruit and coffee/juice. I would happily stay at Super 8 Athens again.

Room Tip: Room 209 is a great room for families.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Trace123NewZealand

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay in our Suite. We hope you come back again. Thank you!

Reviewed January 5, 2012

Our room was exceptionally clean and the bed was very comfortable. Chris, who checked us in has a great personality and was very helpful with directions and suggestions. There were several activities going on in the area and the hotel was full but it was still nice and quiet and we had a good nights sleep and a good stay. Breakfast was a step above the usual Super 8 and the Texas shaped waffles were delicious, the eating area was roomy and very clean. This friendly Texas town has lots of civic pride and the downtown courthouse is great. It was beautifully decorated for Christmas when we were there Dec. 2011. We will definately stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
S8ATHENS, General Manager at Super 8 Athens TX, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the Super 8 in Athens, Texas. We hope you come back again soon.