“Great Mexican food”

Jalapeno Tree
Ranked #2 of 64 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Texas, USA
“Great Mexican food”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Always great service. Large menu with all things being good. Full-service bar. Avoid a wait - go early - this place is always busy.
We're frequent diners.

Visited October 2013

Texas
“Chicken polo Asada”
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely love it, which includes a butter sauce, rice and beans, two chicken breasts to die for and a complimentary ice cream cone.

Dallas, Texas
“Great green sauce, good enchiladas, great service”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Visited around lunch time. This is my fav Mexican restaurant in Athens. Love the green sauce that comes with the chips. The salsa is good also. I had beef enchiladas and some charro beans. I ordered alacarte, so my total bill was less than $5 which was quite a deal! Took half home for later, great even microwaved as leftovers.

Had great service. I was alone, and I drink a lot of water. Only had to wait a minute or so one time, so the waitress did great keeping up. I probably had six glasses. Not keeping my water filled is usually my pet peeve. So I tipped well.

• Visited October 2013
Azle, Texas
“Great Mexican Food”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Try the green dipping sauce that comes with the chips. It is amazing. Everyone in our group was impressed with the food. We showed up with 9 people, and they were able to seat us in a banquet room where we could talk and laugh without disturbing others.

Visited August 2013
Manassas, Virginia
“First Tex-Mex experience. HIGHLY recommended”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Yes, even though I married a Texan, this was my first "official" Tex-Mex dining experience. My brother and sister-in-law took me here and I was quite impressed.

Soon cold and frosty XXs were on the table to compliment the chips and salsa. Always a winning combination.

I ordered the smoked brisket tacos and they were very good. However, if I had to do it again I would order the well Kabob's. My BIL offered me a bite of his and after accepting it I realized that he had chosen the better portion. He also offered me one of his grilled Jalapeno peppers. I of course accepted it but immediately regretted it. If one is from the NW land of Germans and Scandinavians like I am, PLEASE be cautious here. I sampled the smallest bite possible from the pepper and nearly DIED!

The Jalapeno Tree is a must stop when in town. I will be back