“Still the Same”

Danny's Smokehouse BBQ
Ranked #15 of 67 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: American
Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

Have eaten there three times in the twelve years we have lived here and there will not be a fourth! The sausage and hot links were dried or shriveled and the sides tasted like they were three days old! Definitely over-priced, too! Sorry!

1  Thank Nuthead

Reviewed July 20, 2013

My fiancée and I stopped here on a Saturday evening. Kudos to the staff, who were very friendly, and I'm guessing to be a family run business. Alas, the BBQ wasnt that good. Ribs weren't that meaty at all. My fiancées chopped beef / cut up brisket didnt have too much flavor, either. I picked okra for a side and I'm guessing it had sat there for a long time....no crispiness and quite bland.

I'd love to see a place like this do well, and I'm guessing that because there aren't many BBQ options in Athens, it does ok. In Texas, though, where BBQ is king, this just wasnt that good.

1  Thank R W
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Great ribs, nice and thick,cooked just right very good taste, what else is there to say. Try them,you well come back.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

I am never dissappointed by this establishment. They have a good selection of portions and give generous portions of sides. I love that they give you the preference to dowse the BBQ in sauce by serving the BBQ sauce on the side, BIG points in my book. In my humble opinion, drowing out bad tastes from over-smoking, poor quality cuts, etc. are masked by BBQ sauces thus my abhorance of "wet" BBQ. Made to order, never unhappy...try it out.

1  Thank Tacticus
Reviewed August 8, 2012

New in town and wasn't sure where to eat, but had a craving for BBQ, saw Danny's BBQ and went in. The building was small and welcoming with checkered table clothes and antique nic-naks displayed on the walls.
The menu was typical of a BBQ place, brisket, chopped beef, sausage, etc. The Special of the Day was the 1 meat mini with 2 sides! The mini was quite large for something titled MINI! I ordered the brisket and was extremely happy to see that there was little to no fat! The sides were self serve, which was nice.
The employees were pleasant, the food was delicious and plentiful and the atmosphere was casual. I will be going back!

1  Thank Shanely