“Excellent restaurant”

Railway Cafe
Ranked #1 of 67 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: Contemporary
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We had the pleasure to eat at the Railway Cafe in Athens today! The service was friendly and and prompt. We ordered the fettucine, potato and leek soup, meatball sandwich with sweet potato fries, the Turkey BLT and tomato basil soup. Everything was excellent, especially the sweet potato fries. The Cafe is open just for lunch 11-2 on weekdays. I would highly recommend it.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This was an unexpected pleasure. We passed through our old family time and this place was recommended. I had the chicken salad sandwich. I don't always like this any way but homemade but it was very good. My brother had a pizza special with goat cheese and arugula that was very good too. I'd def recommend if you are in the area. Cute funky atmosphere, too.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

We tried the cafe for lunch based on the Texas Monthly magazine recommendation. The magazine was correct, this is a very good place for lunch.

I had 1/2 chicken salad sandwich with cup black bean soup. Wife had green salad with apple slices and pecans. Both tasted excellent. Service was prompt. Price with no drinks was only $12.

Only complaint is we would have preferred a brighter, lighter atmosphere.

We don't live in Athens but will return when we drive thru.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

We stopped while passing through because we like to try and fine local joints to eat. They are usually good and reasonably priced. This was no exception. Had a chicken salad sandwick and a roasted turkey BLT, along with sweet potato fries. Their bread is good and the lunch well worth the stop. They brag on the bread pudding, so we tried that too. It was good, but not necessarily the best we've had. For the cost and the calories, we'd probably pass if we are ever back. But definitely would eat there again.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

We werer on a road trip and decided not to eat at any chain places so we came across this little place. It was excellent! I got the Portobello sandwich and I found my new favorite. The sweet potatoe fries were excellent as well. Its only open Monday thru Friday from 11-2 and it is packed the whole time. My advice is to stop here and try something different. You will love it!

Been to Railway Cafe? Share your experiences!