“We got rob in this Hotel!!!”

Quality Inn at Arlington Highlands
Ranked #31 of 62 Hotels in Arlington
MIAMI
“We got rob in this Hotel!!!”
Reviewed May 2, 2009

We were travalling from the Florida and had stopped there for only one night.
That was a such dark time of the day so I can't tell something wrong about this hotel and it seems pretty save. So we checked in and parked our vehicle where the frond desk person told us to park and also assure us that place is save and secure. That there is a security guy cruising around all the time. After we look at the room we went to have a dinner outside of the hotel. We finely come back to the room after treat and everything still seems fine.
At 9 o'clock in the morning we leaved a room and find out that our car's window is broken and there is inside of the car a lots of thinks we got lost. After all we count how much we lost, about $3000. So, we run to the front desk to ask if there is some knows about that and why that's happened in the SECURE PLACE? But they told us they knew about this cause from 2 a.m. and they did nothing for at least secure the vehicle during whole night still open for got rob again. They just decided to not weak us up for not bothering there's guests. They also diceded to leave the vehicle along in the parking lot with the broken window without any security. They just had apologize and gave us discount in $15.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
SQualityInn, Director of Sales at Quality Inn at Arlington Highlands, responded to this review, February 19, 2011
Dear Vanizgam, I am very Sorry to hear that you got robbed, at our hotel. I also agree that front desk should have informed you, that your vehicle was broken into. They should have called your room to let you know, so that you could have taken the rest of your personally belongings out of the room.

As for our security guard, we have already replaced him, and now the front desk manager the security of the hotel. Which has proved to be better and safer. I again apologize that we were not able to meet your safety standards, but I personally assure you that next time, there will be not such thing happening at our hotel.

We hope to see you again at our hotel, so this time we can make it right and I give you my word that nothing of the sort will happen again.

Tina Patel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Michigan
Reviewed March 31, 2009

I checked in and my first red flag should have been the rude front desk staff. Then, I go to my room. All the rooms are outside access. The floor had a rather nasty looking stain, the bathroom counter had something smeared all over it that obviously housekeeping had neglected (see attached pics). The tub had like a paper mat that was glued to the bottom of it. Now, as I stated all the rooms were outside access. As night fell, I noticed that there was no lighting at my end of the building except for one single light in the parking lot. I did not feel safe. I called the front desk and asked to be relocated to a different room and was told "There is nothing we can do" and was hung up on! Upon check out I asked for the manager. I told him I did not enjoy my stay, and the attitude of the front desk staff. All he said to me was "Oh ok. Sign here" and gave me my slip to sign. No sorry, no what can we do to make it right. NOTHING! I paid $79 for the night here. I had stayed the previous night in a Motel 6 that was cleaner, much nicer, and only $35! Thank goodness it was only for one night! AVOID THIS DISASTER AT ALL COSTS!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank tobybearmi
Dear Tobybermi, Firstly I would like to take this opportunity to apologize. It is unsatisfactory that the manager was not able to help you. We are not under new management and would like to say the this guest that if you could get in touch with me, our new management team is wanting to satisfy customer needs.

As for the rude front desk, I would like to let you know that we have replaced all out front desk Clarks and housekeeping staff. We have also provided them with our 5-day training for front desk Clarks before they start to interact with guests; we also have a 5-day training for housekeeping before they start cleaning rooms themselves. We also have a housekeeping Manager whom checks every room before the guests goes into the room.

Again I would like the guest to get in touch with me so we can make it right. I hope to satisfy your accommodation needs to 100% next time and I sincerely hope there is a next time.

Tina Patel

Travelers are raving about these Arlington hotels

Austin TX
Reviewed February 1, 2009

I stay at this hotel frequently while traveling. The staff is great!The rooms are clean and comfortable , the breakfast is good and it is affordable. Everything from malls, fine dining,fast food ,to movies are in walking distance.I would recommend this hotel for anyone who is stretching the dollar like me.

• Liked — Location and Value
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dear DFWworker, Wow, what a great comment to leave for us, reading your comment out a huge smile on my face. Thank you very much for acknowledging our value for staying with us. I agree with you, we are in a great location; over 30 restaurants, many retail stores, a Studio Movie Grill, a Splitsville, and a Dave and Dusters surround us.

Thank you for taking time out and leaving us such a wonderful comment. I hope to see you at our hotel very soon, and hope we can personally meet as well.

Christopher Spalatin
Reviewed December 22, 2008

I was driving from Atlanta, GA to Tuscon, AZ and needed a place to stay in central Texas. I pulled into the Quality Inn Highlands after 11pm, slept well after driving more than 12 hours earlier that day, and checked out before 8am the next morning. I returned the room keys and signed for the room. Pretty grubby motel but I had no real complaints... until I checked my credit card statement online and they charged me $220! I called and asked why, and they accused me of stealing a microwave and refrigerator. I told them I didn't and asked them to reverse the charge. They said there was "nothing they could do at this time." I called repeatedly and after 2 weeks of not being able to get a manager or sales rep on the phone, I got a letter in the mail, saying that there was "nothing they could do at this time." I had to file a dispute with my credit card company for a fraudulent charge and now have to go through all this paperwork. This place is a total SCAM! I will never stay at a CHOICE HOTEL INTERNATIONAL again.

• Liked — Nothing.
  • Disliked — Everything.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dear Chrisspalatin, I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience it caused you. I again apologize for the fact that no one was able to get in touch with you after calling many times. I would also like to tell you that we are now under new management. Our new management team is here to help all guests to reach satisfaction level.

We have mad many changes at our hotel, we have also replaced all front desk Clarks, whom are one of the best customer services providers we have ever had. Our front desk Clarks are like your personal concierge, you ask them for anything and they try their level best to get it.

I hope this guest is reading this comment, I would like for you to get in touch with me, and we will satisfy your accommodation needs that were not fulfilled the first time.

I also thank you for taking time out and leaving a comment for us, so we were able to make those changes in order the same thing does not happen to anyone else coming to stay at our hotel.

Texas
Reviewed November 1, 2008

We have just completed a one-night stay at this hotel and it has surpassed my expectations which, I must admit, were not too high. Our newer room was large, clean and had the advertised amenities. The furniture appeared to be recently updated. The hot breakfast was more than adequate. Since the room opens to an outdoor walkway, we did get a little noise as people walked by, but that was minimal. We didn't use the fitness room, but it appeared to be good.

Just a couple of drawbacks show that this is still a budget hotel. There was a nice business desk and good wi-fi connection, but there is no power outlet anywhere near the desk. (Hence, I am writing this review from my laptop while sitting on the other side of the room, where the only available power outlet is located.) There is a typical 4 cup in-room coffee maker, but the thin styrofoam cups provided seemed very cheap.

Still, for the price (we used our Sam's club discount, which was never verified at check-in), this was a good place to stay for the night.

• Liked — cleanliness and price
  • Disliked — in the middle of a concrete jungle
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dear Godsman, Thank you for your great comments about our rooms looking updated, we try our level best to have these rooms looking as new as possible. I will pass your great comments onto our front desk and housekeeping staff. Front desk should have mentioned your Sam’s Club discount but I do apologies for that. Our front desk Clarks are trained on a regular basis so they are updated with new procedures all the time.

As for the power outlet, again I do apologies, I understand this was uncomfortable for you; we will rearrange our rooms around so we have power outlets by the desk. We also have updated our coffee cups in the rooms.

I thank you for taking time out and responding to us, we hope the next time you come and stay with us, you will be 100% satisfied.

Taxas
Reviewed September 14, 2008

I stayed at the Whitten Inn (now Quality Inn at Arlington Highlands) for two months in late 2006. The room was clean, the staff was friendly, the breakfast was great, and the price was reasonable. The hotel is also in a great location.

Stayed September 2006
SQualityInn, Director of Sales at Quality Inn at Arlington Highlands, responded to this review, February 14, 2011
Dear Sashman6, What a long stay you had at our hotel, I am pleased to hear that you stayed such a long time and enjoyed you stay here with us as well.

We like to offer guests whom are staying a long period of time discounted rates and as we have 140 rooms in our hotel located within the Arlington Highlands; we are able to accommodate workers, working in the local area. Our Sales Manager would take care of long period of stays and getting discounted rates.

Thank you for taking time and leaving a review for us, we appreciate your comments and hope to see you back again.

lafayette
Reviewed August 29, 2008

we had rude and bad service. our a/c was broken when we got here and they sent a maintance man out. he said the only thing to do was switch rooms but the frontdesk wanted him to stay with us in our room and fix it! why not just give us another room. thats what we had to make them do. tell me who wants a mainance man in the room after a six hour trip from louisiana to dallas yeah right!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — a/c
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
gmarlington, General Manager at Quality Inn at Arlington Highlands, responded to this review, September 8, 2008
Nobody enjoys driving such a distance only to arrive in a room that is not functioning properly. And this guest is right, he/she should have been immediately moved to another room.

I apologize for the actions that were taken by the front desk. My only wish was for the guest to have brought them to my attention so that I could have taken some action. My card is always available at the front desk listing my phone number and email address. I check both regularly every day including weekends and my email instantly gets sent to my phone.

As for the non-functioning A/C's: The problem was present throughout a number of rooms within the hotel. This has since been fixed after the arrival of new A/C's which replaced the old ones, including and a number of backups we are now keeping on hand to prevent such incidents.

For the rude service, I hope this guest reads this response and gets back to me so that I may take further action with whomever was involved.

I want to ensure this guest, and every guest, that we take guest service issues very seriously. If a member of our staff is found to be behaving improperly, then immediate action will be taken.

Regards,