Quality Inn at Arlington Highlands
Great 4.5/5
Average 3/5
Good 3.5/5
Average 3/5
All reviewsnicer qualityroom was cleanbit datedrestaurants and shoppingmorning breakfastan updatestay there againperfect locationcowboys gametexasmaidsdrainparkstrashstadium
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 6, 2012

We checked in on 5/4/12 to attend the Texas Scottish Festival as vendors. The bathtub is so slippery that I fell while taking a shower, injuring my left leg and right foot. The worst things were the live cockroaches that crawled out of both beds, and the dead ones we saw on the floor. The attitude of the staff was that they couldn't care less. They only said that they would notify maintenance. Stay away from this roach-infested, nasty motel!

Room Tip: Don't book here!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank LizzieMac553
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your most recent stay! We love having the Texas Scottish Festival group at our hotel as it is always an enjoyable time. Since we have been the host hotel since 2006, I assure you that we did not take this incident lightly. Mistakes do occur, however we will try our best to ensure this does not happen again. Several employees were re-trained and new procedures were implemented in light of this incident. Please give us another try next year and I promise we will not disappoint!

Reviewed April 23, 2012

I have stayed here off and on for an extended stay on business. The staff is great and the rooms are clean and cleaned daily. I have stayed in four star hotels but for the age of this hotel, the rooms are great and the surrounding shopping areas are a plus for this property. Never have had an issue with security and I like that the police are always cruising through property as part of their patrol of the surrounding shopping center.

The property is ideally located for alot of activities with easy access to Interstate 20 and the service roads offer quick and easy access to several major roads in Arlington. All types of restaurants and entertainment are literally within minutes of this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 9, 2012

There are some very good rates offered here. The place is older so it has outside entries which I happen to prefer if I can get lower level to put the car in front of so that works for me. Inside the rooms are spacious with all the usual items (frig, micro, coffee pot etc). Also clean but again the place shows its age in things like few and poorly placed electrical outlets (that also don't hold a plug too well). Very minor quibble - the coffee envelopes seem scientifically designed so you can open them without tearing the filter.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Thanks!! You have highlighted exactly what we are about: a good, clean, affordable room with excellent customer service. Be sure to try some of the local dining options like BJ’s Brewhouse, Mimi’s Café, or PF Changs… All within walking distance to the hotel!

Reviewed January 30, 2012

We stayed at this hotel during the Cotton bowl and were very suprised when we arrived. The area was awesome. Lots of shopping and eating establishments within walking distance. Cowboy stadium is just 5 miles away and easy to get too. We will definately stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Thank you for choosing the Quality Inn at Arlington Highlands for your most recent hotel stay. Be sure to try our HOT complimentary breakfast before you hit the game on your next stay!! We appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed October 6, 2011

Got a great rate on this hotel…was supposedly getting a "newer room". Well, if their idea of a newer room is one that has gum on the nightstand, stains on the carpet and tacky paint, then our definitions are not the same. It was ok for one night, but it just didn't feel clean. I always like to find positives in things. The location was great (we were there for sporting events at Cowboys stadium), and the breakfast was great. There was plenty of room in the lobby for lots of people. It is very convenient for shopping and several restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: I booked through the website. My brother-in-law went in the room before me. If I had seen it first, I would've requested another room. This hotel has outdoor entries, two stories.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Thank you for your valuable review! We are working diligently to improve the quality of our rooms. Please keep us in mind for your future hotel stays, as we will continually be upgrading the property!