“Awesome, FIVE STAR!!!!”

Days Inn Arlington Six Flags / Ballpark / AT&T Stadium
Ranked #49 of 62 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Wow, this place is awesome! My kids loved the swimming pool in the hot Texan summer. The staff was friendly to both my husband and myself. The breakfast was filling and wonderful too.
Those of you saying they have filthy rooms, I heavily disagree. It is clean and seems to be updated well.

Dear Mr. Manager,
I have a few suggestions though, the television connections were okay in my room so try to improve on that, I suppose.
Secondly, It would be nice to have some fresh fruit such as maybe watermelon, a selection of tangerines, apples, etc at the breakfast counter. (I apologize if there were as I do not recall very well on this certain topic, but if so please put more fruit).

Over all I will stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
DI_Mgmt, General Manager at Days Inn Arlington Six Flags / Ballpark / AT&T Stadium, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

We thank this guest for taking time to comment. We are glad that the guest found our Hotel awesome, her children enjoyed the pool, the staff was friendly, the breakfast was filling, and the hotel was clean and updated. The Hotel has done a lot of work in the past 2 years to make sure the guests are comfortable and safe. We have replaced all the beds and bed frames with high pillowtop beds and special metal frames that offers extra support. For the comfort of our guest, we also replaced all the carpets and carpet pads, drapes, bed skirts, and bed throws in all our rooms. For the extra sizzling Texas summer weather, we have nearly doubled our cooling capacity by supplementing our air conditioning equipment with state of the art and environmental friendly air conditioning equipment. For the safety of our guests, we have also modernized our elevator equipment and installed new elevator controller, safeties, pump, wiring. We currently serve two type of fruits during breakfast and we are working on including a third seasonal fruit. We have shared this guest comment with our staff who work hard at servicing our guests and they are delighted that someone has noticed their hard work. We thank this guest again for her comment and suggestions.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Stayed there during preseason game Cowboys vs Rams. We had a good stay. Hotel is just across the road from Stadium. We walked around and shoot the breeze with some of the tailgaters. Hotel room was clean and comfortable. Person at desk was kind and helpful. We came in early and were able to drop off our stuff at the desk and checked in later after lunch and avoided the lines. Great stay

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Our room was filthy and they said they didn't have another one to put us in. We said we were leaving and they said they had to charge us for one night. I made a formal complaint to American Express and to Days Inn corporate. The general manager did give a refund but only after defending the hotel and doubting our experience.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank mscritch
DI_Mgmt, General Manager at Days Inn Arlington Six Flags / Ballpark / AT&T Stadium, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

We thank this guest for his comment. We have apologized to this guest for his experience. The guest was not charged for not staying at the hotel. His room was checked by our staff immediately after he had left and the room was clean except for the use of the room by the guest. His comment was shared with our housekeeping staff and all other rooms were checked just to be sure they meet the hotel high cleanliness standard. We thank this guest for his time.

A TripAdvisor Member
Odessa, Texas, USA
Reviewed August 8, 2012

They booked the wrong days would not return money or fix days. Would never stay here. Manger does not return phone calls. Again I will never stay at this hotel. Very rude service and rips people off. I will not be recommending this place to any one.will be telling people not to stay here

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
DI_Mgmt, General Manager at Days Inn Arlington Six Flags / Ballpark / AT&T Stadium, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

We thank this guest for his business and for taking time to write about his concerns.

We are sorry that this guest had a bad experience with his reservation. When making a reservation and selecting advance booking and non refundable reservation type to obtain the best rate, it is important to be sure that you will be coming on the date you made a reservation for. It appears that this guest made a prepaid non-refundable type of reservation and on those type of reservation, you do save money but you will not get your money back if you do not show up on the date of arrival. It is better to pay a little more and get the 72 hour cancel policy when there is a chance your plan might change. The manager returns all guest phone calls and it is best to contact the manager by email for immediate reply.

Also, be sure to verify the dates of your reservation immediately when the customer agent reads back the reservation or when you receive the confirmation email if you made the reservation online.

In this case, the guest made a prepaid non-refundable type of reservation online and did not check his confirmation email until close to arrival time. Due to the type of reservation he made and the lateness of his notice, we were not able to change the term of the reservation. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused this guest.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

If I were able to select and -10 button for this review, I would have; they don't even deserve one star.

I'd made a reservation for this hotel from a 25th of August through the 30th of August.

I called well in advance to let the hotel now that I would be arriving a day later, on the 26th rather than the 25th. I was told it would not be a problem. When I arrived at the hotel I was able to check and without any problems, however. The problem began on the day of my departure and still continue to this day, the 5th of August 2012.

I decided I would depart a day early. Join my check out I was told I would have to pay for the 25th and also the 30th because that's what my reservation was for. When I attempted to explain that I've never been billed for nights I did not stay I was told I'd have to speak to the general manager because the staff at the hotel at that time could not make that decision. I had to leave the hotel without signing my credit card receipts so that I could not be built - but I was built anyway without my signature.

When I finally did get a hold of the general manager I was told that he could not make any adjustments because that was not the policy. When I ask to see this policy could not produce it. Further, she refused to refund the two nights of my reservation which I were not there.

Be forewarned, while this hotel is convenient to the Dallas cowboys stadium, do not have high expectations of anything from this hotel. That includes their continental breakfasts, room service, and some of the front desk staff.

Notes about the overall property:

Security lighting around the parking lot is poor.
The back door of the hotel is open 24 hours a day; a serious lack in security.
Don't be surprised if you smell marijuana throughout the hallways.
Don't be surprised if the bruins don't smell very clean.

Stay at your own risk.

Room Tip: simple - don't stay here.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
DI_Mgmt, General Manager at Days Inn Arlington Six Flags / Ballpark / AT&T Stadium, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

We apologize that this guest is upset. This guest made a reservation arriving on Wed 7/25/12 for multiple nights subject to a 72 hour prior to 4pm on date of arrival cancel policy. Guest called after the time had passed to cancel his reservation and informed the desk clerk that he "might" be coming in on Thu 7/26/12 - which also means he might stay with his original plan of arriving on 7/25/12. Guest did not request that his arrival date be changed. He simply stated that he "might" be coming in a day later. Our desk clerk followed his direction and made a note on his reservation and informed all other desk clerks to not cancel his reservation if he did not show up on 7/25/12. The hotel held the room for this guest on 7/25/12 for the entire night as per his reservation and turned away many other would be guest as hotel was full on the night of 7/25/12. We have apologized to this guest and have tried to explain that the hotel charges are based on the terms of his reservation - not based on the actual night he stayed. When a reservation is made, Hotel is committed to hold a reserved room and for that commitment, the guest has to pay if he does not show up.

As to his last night, guest forgot to mention that he checked out some four hours after check out time and that it was on a Sunday. When guests stay past the checkout time by several hours without having made prior arrangements with the hotel, those guests are charged an extra day. We have tried to explain this policy with this guest and even offered a discount but he insists that he will only pay based on the number of nights he stays.

The hotel takes security very seriously and has installed 16 security cameras and motion sensors at the hotel. All public areas are monitored by staff 24/7. We do not condone but report all suspicious activity to Arlington PD.

We take pride in the cleanliness of our rooms and have not received any calls regarding room cleanliness from this guest during his stay. All rooms have new pillowtop beds and new carpeting. We thank this guest for his time.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

This Day's Inn located across from Cowboy Stadium and very close to amusement parks was different from other Day's Inn where I have stayed. It was not as large and there was not a lot of parking. I have mobility issues and there were stairs to get in to the check in area and stairs to get to the first floor; there was an elevator to access the other floors. Clerk told me there was handicap accessibility by the pool, and there was, but you still had to negotiate steps to get to the check in area; also the pool had steps so I did not use it. On the positive side, the staff was very friendly. The free breakfast was great, the trolley ride to 6 Flags was a life saver. And the temperature in the room was just how I like it, very cold, which you need in Texas summers. I highly recommend this hotel to those who want to enjoy activities in Arlington. Oh, and there were plenty of restaurants within walking distance, a Walgreens and Walmart across the street, plus a small grocery store in the hotel parking lot and a Valero gas station. I am very pleased with our choice of this Day's Inn. Additionally, you could get the amusement park tickets for half price, but you had to pay cash which was unexpected.

2  Thank kay000
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Average or below average rooms, at the time we were there, things were still dated and drab. We slept well though and really good stay, even if we were disappointed with the condition of this hotel.
The neighborhood looks a little scary, but honestly, we never had any problems there.
However the staff was friendly. As you might guess, that's always a big plus with me. The location is fantastic, however I don't approve of having to pay to park, regardless of its proximity to attractions. I found the manager's explanation of the reasoning behind parking fees to be satisfactory.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family