“Great for walk to ballpark, no transit elsewhere”

Courtyard Dallas Arlington/Entertainment District
Ranked #19 of 62 Hotels in Arlington
“Great for walk to ballpark, no transit elsewhere”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

The hotel was super nice and great for walking to the ballpark. It is also within walking distance to AT&T, although I don't suggest it if you're not used to the hot weather. I love to walk, but being a northerner, the heat really got to me.

I picked this hotel because it was on the Arlington Trolley yellow line. The trolley website made it sound like it runs all day, but it doesn't. This was really crappy to find out when I arrived without a rental car.

So again, the hotel is great for either stadium, but definitely rent a car if you plan on going anywhere over a mile away. I guess the need for a car seems obvious, but it's not for me. I've traveled to many other cities where you don't need one.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Rosa A, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Arlington/Entertainment District, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Greetings from Courtyard Arlington Entertainment District,
It is very nice to hear from you via this Review. I am glad that you enjoyed our facility and service. Regarding the Arlington Trolley, I will make sure to pass your feedback to them. I am sorry that it was misleading. I agree with you even though I am from Texas but the heat can really get to you!

Rosa Azuara

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I recently stayed here for my final four trip in April.

Overall, this hotel is very good. The rooms were big, with soft beds, HDTV and a nice size bathroom. The shower head water pressure was one of the best I've ever had. The lobby area was also a great feature. Free water, usually flavored with fruit, and a lot of space to site and enjoy. This includes a step down area with a fireplace, and another area by a TV with a couch and chair. They also had private table booths that had a tv, about 3 of those, kind of cool.

There wasn't a hotel bar, but they had a bistro, which had hot food. I only tried the breakfast and it was pretty good.

OK, as for the location. It's within walking distance to AT&T Stadium and the Rangers' ballpark. So if you're here enjoying a weekend of sports, the location is superb. You're also in walking distance (15-20 mins) of a few bars, chain restaurants and a wal-mart that's near AT&T Stadium.

But, if you intend of going to Dallas or Fort Worth, it's going to cost you...mainly cab fares. The public transit to these cities are inconvenient, so cab is basically the only option (about $30 for 1 person to Dallas). That being said, you're not far, only about 20 mins from either city.

As I rated it, it's a very good hotel, especially if you're in town for just football/baseball and don't intend on going out of Arlington.

Room Tip: Some rooms looked like they had a small balcony, not sure if that was an upgrade, because ours didn...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Rosa A, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Arlington/Entertainment District, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear guest,
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. The Bistro and Lobby area have been well received by our travelers. We appreciate your compliments and hope you come back to see us if you come back to this area.
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Stayed for one night after going to the Final Four Basketball game. Of course the price was sky high for one night but expected that. Front Desk was friendly and answered all our questions. Room was adequate and comfortable.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Rosa A, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Arlington/Entertainment District, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear Guest,
The Final Four was an amazing and fun event. Thank you very much for choosing our Hotel for your stay and for using this via to share your experience.

Franklin, Tennessee
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Stopped in after a long day at Six Flags which was so close! The indoor/outdoor pool was adored by my kids (although it was a little chilly outside). Front desk staff was fabulous and room was clean. There was an individual cup coffee maker in the room which was nice (there is a modified Starbucks in the lobby as well). Parking was convenient and safe. Did not here traffic but did hear a couple of airplanes in the night. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Hello Dear Amanda,
We deeply appreciate that you made some room out of your day to let us know about your stay with us. I am glad that our hotel and our staff made it a pleasant trip for you and your little ones. We hope to see you again as Summer is just around the corner.

Best Regards
Troy NY
Reviewed March 26, 2014

The courtyard was comfortable. Room was updated, very clean and comfortable. It was very cold while I was there, so the pool was not an option, although a portion of the pool was indoors. The fitness room was small, but adequate. I did however need toothpaste, and they don't give you the toiletries you accidentally left at home, sadly it cost me $4 for a trial size toothpaste at 11 pm. Those little things that would make the difference in this being a perfect hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Rosa A, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Arlington/Entertainment District, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Hello,
Thank you for sharing your kind comments about your experience in our hotel. It is wonderful to know that we met your expectations. Concerning the complimentary toiletries, I regret we did not have them in stock at that time, but please know we try to keep them available. We are reviewing our inventory levels to ensure this does not happen in the future. Hope you can return to visit us soon in the summer so that you can enjoy our pool. Again, thank you.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I booked this hotel for a 7 on 7 football team that our company sponsors, they were playing in a tournament close by, and we wanted to have everyone together and close after the late game fri. night and early game Sat. morning. I made the reservations through the local sales team, since we booked 13 rooms. When I was making the arrangements, I made sure they had our company credit card to take care of all the charges and specifically asked that they make sure that when everyone checked in they would not have to give a credit card, that ours would already be on file, and I was assured it was. Well when everyone got to the hotel, they had no record of the credit card being on file, and the owners wife had to go up there and let them swipe her card for every single reservation. It tool like an hour to get everyone checked in. Then I was very surprised that in the morning they had NO kind of breakfast at all, no fruit, cereal, bagels nothing. What hotels now a days does not offer even the smallest continental breakfast? Very disapointed because of the hassle of checking the group in, and the lack of breakfast in the morning. We will not use this hotel again for our groups.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Rosa A, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Arlington/Entertainment District, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear Guest,
I want to thank you for taking he time to provide us with your feedback concerning your recent stay at our hotel. Please accept our apoligies. It is not acceptable that you took care of every detail and due to a system glitch we failed to deliver the hassle free experience for your group that you deserve and that you were expecting. In regards to the breakfast, our hotel operates like a full service hotel, in which breakfast is not included. I am sorry that it was not explained when making the group arrangements. We should take a moment to clarify the services that our Brand offers to avoid misunderstandings, for that I am very sorry. Your comments are very helpful to us to improve the service we provide. I am very thankful for making us aware of the situation so that we can fix it. We hope to regain your trust and have the opportunity to serve you.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Well, I wasn't quite sure what to expect at first but I did end up enjoying my stay and we were very comfortable here. The staff is friendly, the hotel spacious and well organized. The rooms were large, bright and clean with cozy comfy beds. If you need a place to stay after the games, look no further. This is it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple