“Good and bad smells”

Courtyard Dallas Arlington/Entertainment District
Ranked #22 of 62 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed May 26, 2013

First of all this place is in a great location. Pappadeauxs, Joes crabshack, Bikinis, and Texas land and catlle co. all within 1 min walk. Cowboys Stadium and Rangers ballpark within 10 min walk. The place was very clean new and fresh smelling(hallways ,lobby ), but when we opened the door to our room it smelled musky and dank. Overall not a bad place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
jeff d, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Arlington/Entertainment District, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Thank you for your review.

I apologize for the unpleasant smell from the room. Several of our rooms were vacant for extended periods of time with our renovation and sometimes that does lead to the smell you observed.

Thank you again for your review and your kind comments in regards to our hotel.

We hope to have you stay with us again in the future.

Jeff Durham

Reviewed April 21, 2013

This is perfect location if ur catching a game or six flags and surrounded by restaurants hotel was nice and clean but they were remodeling the room above ours and the hammering would start at 8 am so sleeping in was impossible and so was relaxing which was the whole point of this vacation

• Stayed: April 2013

I apologize for the noise you observed while a guest of the hotel. As you had mentioned, we were going through a renovation during your stay. Marriott strives to be an industry leader in the product we make available to our guests. In order to update our prducts we do have to go through renovations every few years. We do our best to make this renovation experience as non-invasive as possible. We update our website and other e-channels with renovation information to include start and stop times for noise. We also emaile all guests prior to check-in with the information about the renovation and work hours for the renovation. If we somehow missed communicating this information to you, I am truly sorry.

I hope you will consider our hotel gain in the future should your travels bring you back to the Arlington, Texas area. We are very proud of our new product we have to offer our guests.

Jeff Durham

Reviewed April 16, 2013

This stay was the worst that I’ve ever experienced. I first attempted to get a room change or upgrade if possible; wanted to get a King Suite or two queens. I called the hotel directly and the representative told me that they didn’t have anything available. I was aware that they were in the process of remodeling some of the rooms. I didn’t have a problem with this but the rep made it seem as if I was a bother instead of being courteous and maybe offer a different solution. Basically it wasn’t her problem. Later in the evening I called back to see if there had been any new developments (cancellations etc.) and I was received by another rude representative, who then transferred me to reservations. The reservation rep was very professional and was also able to change me over to a double (full size).
After arrival, one of my daughters went to the front desk to ask for extra towels, and was rudely greeted by the attendant; only minutes later, two of my daughters were in the front lobby when we called the front desk to ask for two pillows ,and after getting off the phone, they over heard the front desk attendant and another worker speaking abut room 116 using profanity. Obviously they didn't realize they were speaking in front of my daughters. It was over thirty seven minutes before we got our two pillows and three sets of towels. The following night stay was basically the same with the exception of our towels getting to us in twenty two minutes. When the attendant came to the door to deliver the towels neither did he speak nor did he say your welcome after I thanked him.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sean R
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I chose to stay here for a business trip because of it's convenient location to restaurants, ball park, etc. Unfortunately this particular Courtyard by Marriott does not live up to the brand. I got in late (11pm) and my check-in person was mediocre at best. No enthusiasm, no "glad you are here", no "Welcome, Mr. Wilson". Room 135 has an air conditioner that kept me up most of the night it was so loud. Then at 4:30am, the garbage truck picking up the trash from the restaurants woke me from what little sleep I had already managed to get. Finally, in this day and age, the bed comfort was also mediocre. I will be staying at the Sheraton just a few blocks over next time. It is a beautiful hotel and superb staff.

Room Tip: Don't accept room 135 until they fix the airconditioner. I would ask for something on the other...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stayed here for opening weekend for the Rangers. The location is within a 10 min walk of the ballpark or there is a shuttle for 5 dollars. Our room had a sliding glass door that opened to the courtyard where the pool is. Because the weather was so cool they had the pool heated! Nice touch! The beds were comfortable and the room and grounds very clean. The on site cafe served a great breakfast. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Bran2002
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We stayed at this Courtyard over a weekend. Really enjoyed our stay. You can walk to the Rangers and the Cowboy's stadiums. Great location. Free parking, Free internet. Starbucks on location. Great food in their Bistro. Awesome indoor-outdoor connecting pool. Nice big hot tub. Comfortable beds. Flat screen T.V.'s. Cable. Joe's Crab Shack right next to the hotel. This is a handy feature! We definitely recomend this hotel and location. Good job Courtyard.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mur018
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Our family stayed here one night to attend a high school football game at Cowboys Stadium. I had really mixed feelings about this location. It is close to both stadiums. It is about a 15 to 20 minute walk to Cowboys stadium, but most of the path is along the side of the road or on the road itself, very little on dedicated sidewalks. It was raining that night so it was a troop through the mud. It is on older hotel that I assume was taken over and rebranded as a Courtyard.

Having stayed in 5 separate Courtyard properties over the last year this is by far my least favorite. Most of my problems are related to the physical property and the limitation of the CY brand. Though the property is well maintained, the rooms are small and the layout feels more like an apartment complex. (Oddly enough this hotel has an actual courtyard.) The king bed pretty much filled up the entire room width wise. Breakfast is again where CY is failing compared to Hyatt Places or other comparable properties. Our rate included breakfast but since in the Bistro concept everything is made to order it begins to break down when you are crowded. When we showed up for breakfast there was a line a dozen people long waiting to order and there were no seats available. I only saw two people working, one cooking, the other taking orders and they were slammed. The front desk guy would come over and help clear tables between his duties. We sat on the couches in the back. Overall it took 15 minutes to order and nearly 30 minutes for the food to arrive and they completely left off my wife's order so it was another 10 minutes. It was well over an hour for us to order and eat. I fail to see how CY is marketed to business travelers who obviously need to be somewhere timely in the morning. Also the prices are expensive like you are a captive there, $10 breakfast plates, etc. Prices for other meals and the bar were equally high. If breakfast had not been included in our rate we would have hit the road to one of the close by restaurants.

Overall I feel this place is more limited by the Courtyard brand itself. It is trying to be an upper scale hotel but stuck with an older property and brand limitations. All the staff we had contact with were very good, I especially feel for the guys working breakfast, they were working, very very hard. The property is clean and well maintained, it was just not what I was expecting from the CY brand and highlights my frustrations with it.

I think next time we will just pay the parking fee at the stadium and stay at one of the new properties in the area.

Room Tip: Southside rooms can have a good view of the stadium.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family