Courtyard Dallas Arlington/Entertainment District
Ranked #22 of 63 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed April 16, 2013

This stay was the worst that I’ve ever experienced. I first attempted to get a room change or upgrade if possible; wanted to get a King Suite or two queens. I called the hotel directly and the representative told me that they didn’t have anything available. I was aware that they were in the process of remodeling some of the rooms. I didn’t have a problem with this but the rep made it seem as if I was a bother instead of being courteous and maybe offer a different solution. Basically it wasn’t her problem. Later in the evening I called back to see if there had been any new developments (cancellations etc.) and I was received by another rude representative, who then transferred me to reservations. The reservation rep was very professional and was also able to change me over to a double (full size).
After arrival, one of my daughters went to the front desk to ask for extra towels, and was rudely greeted by the attendant; only minutes later, two of my daughters were in the front lobby when we called the front desk to ask for two pillows ,and after getting off the phone, they over heard the front desk attendant and another worker speaking abut room 116 using profanity. Obviously they didn't realize they were speaking in front of my daughters. It was over thirty seven minutes before we got our two pillows and three sets of towels. The following night stay was basically the same with the exception of our towels getting to us in twenty two minutes. When the attendant came to the door to deliver the towels neither did he speak nor did he say your welcome after I thanked him.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sean R

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I chose to stay here for a business trip because of it's convenient location to restaurants, ball park, etc. Unfortunately this particular Courtyard by Marriott does not live up to the brand. I got in late (11pm) and my check-in person was mediocre at best. No enthusiasm, no "glad you are here", no "Welcome, Mr. Wilson". Room 135 has an air conditioner that kept me up most of the night it was so loud. Then at 4:30am, the garbage truck picking up the trash from the restaurants woke me from what little sleep I had already managed to get. Finally, in this day and age, the bed comfort was also mediocre. I will be staying at the Sheraton just a few blocks over next time. It is a beautiful hotel and superb staff.

Room Tip: Don't accept room 135 until they fix the airconditioner. I would ask for something on the other...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stayed here for opening weekend for the Rangers. The location is within a 10 min walk of the ballpark or there is a shuttle for 5 dollars. Our room had a sliding glass door that opened to the courtyard where the pool is. Because the weather was so cool they had the pool heated! Nice touch! The beds were comfortable and the room and grounds very clean. The on site cafe served a great breakfast. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Bran2002
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We stayed at this Courtyard over a weekend. Really enjoyed our stay. You can walk to the Rangers and the Cowboy's stadiums. Great location. Free parking, Free internet. Starbucks on location. Great food in their Bistro. Awesome indoor-outdoor connecting pool. Nice big hot tub. Comfortable beds. Flat screen T.V.'s. Cable. Joe's Crab Shack right next to the hotel. This is a handy feature! We definitely recomend this hotel and location. Good job Courtyard.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mur018
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Our family stayed here one night to attend a high school football game at Cowboys Stadium. I had really mixed feelings about this location. It is close to both stadiums. It is about a 15 to 20 minute walk to Cowboys stadium, but most of the path is along the side of the road or on the road itself, very little on dedicated sidewalks. It was raining that night so it was a troop through the mud. It is on older hotel that I assume was taken over and rebranded as a Courtyard.

Having stayed in 5 separate Courtyard properties over the last year this is by far my least favorite. Most of my problems are related to the physical property and the limitation of the CY brand. Though the property is well maintained, the rooms are small and the layout feels more like an apartment complex. (Oddly enough this hotel has an actual courtyard.) The king bed pretty much filled up the entire room width wise. Breakfast is again where CY is failing compared to Hyatt Places or other comparable properties. Our rate included breakfast but since in the Bistro concept everything is made to order it begins to break down when you are crowded. When we showed up for breakfast there was a line a dozen people long waiting to order and there were no seats available. I only saw two people working, one cooking, the other taking orders and they were slammed. The front desk guy would come over and help clear tables between his duties. We sat on the couches in the back. Overall it took 15 minutes to order and nearly 30 minutes for the food to arrive and they completely left off my wife's order so it was another 10 minutes. It was well over an hour for us to order and eat. I fail to see how CY is marketed to business travelers who obviously need to be somewhere timely in the morning. Also the prices are expensive like you are a captive there, $10 breakfast plates, etc. Prices for other meals and the bar were equally high. If breakfast had not been included in our rate we would have hit the road to one of the close by restaurants.

Overall I feel this place is more limited by the Courtyard brand itself. It is trying to be an upper scale hotel but stuck with an older property and brand limitations. All the staff we had contact with were very good, I especially feel for the guys working breakfast, they were working, very very hard. The property is clean and well maintained, it was just not what I was expecting from the CY brand and highlights my frustrations with it.

I think next time we will just pay the parking fee at the stadium and stay at one of the new properties in the area.

Room Tip: Southside rooms can have a good view of the stadium.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

We've been staying here I guess 20 years now. Obviously best locale for Rangers and Cowboys fans. Easy walk to both venues. Great indoor-outdoor pool with hot tub. Nice lobby restaurant with decent hotel food and bar. Papadeux, Texas Land and Cattle, Joes Crabshack & El Felix all within 100 yards. And the rooms are ok too.

• Stayed: December 2012
jeff d, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Arlington/Entertainment District, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2012

It was great to read your review and learn how you have used our hotel for the last 20 years. Thank you for your continued loyalty to our hotel when your travels bring you to the Arlington, TX area. Our rooms are scheduled for a renovation in early 2013, so hopefully on your next visit to the area you will have an opportunity to see our new rooms.

Thank you again.

Jeff Durham
General manager

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Good hotel in Arlington. Right in the heart of the sports stadiums and within walking distance. Clean and well kept overall. Very comfortable rooms and good service. Everything was adequate. Probably a little expensive for a hotel of this quality but probably a little steep due to the location. Staff was nice and accommodating. Would definitely stay here again and is a good hotel but not anything special.

Room Tip: Park at your hotel and walk to several restaurants and the stadiums.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
jeff d, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Arlington/Entertainment District, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. It is always great to hear positive comments about our staff and hotel. Our rates do fluctuate based on special events, due to the demand for the events and our close proximity to the entertainment venues. During non-special event dates we generally have very competitive rates for our market. We are also scheduled for a rooms renovation in early 2013 where we will be getting the new Courtyard room and bedding. We are very excited for this upcoming improvement.

Once again, thank you for your review and I hope you do choose our hotel for any future trips in the Arlington area.

SIncerely,