“Wonderful place to stay!!!!”
Review of Hilton Arlington

Hilton Arlington
Ranked #2 of 62 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed July 27, 2009

My son and I vacationed in Arlington for his 17th birthday in which six flags was on the agenda. This hotel was very nice and the bed are wonderful! Everyone was very polite and helpful. When we arrived, our room was on the 4th floor but since it was my son's birthday the staff thought my son would enjoy the 12th floor over looking six flags. They didn't have to do this but they did! Our room was across from the elevator but very little noise was noticed. The only thing is parking. When the bar is full there is no parking for paying guest of the hotel. Also, I was charged for local phone calls. I would still stay here again!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,276)

Reviewed July 21, 2009

I had a nightmare flight from Nashville to San Diego, where airline delays caused my daughter and me to miss our connecting flight at DFW to SAN. Dallas had severe weather and cancelled so many flights that it would be the next day late afternoon before we could get a flight out.

The airline gave us a "distressed passenger" rate for the Hilton at $55. The hotel shuttle came and picked us up and took us to our hotel. Our luggage was "lost" in the mess at the airport, so we had nothing to sleep in or clean clothes to wear the next day.

The hotel front desk staff were super friendly, sympathetic to our situation, and accommodating. The shuttle driver gave us a ride to the nearest Walmart so we could do some quick shopping for clothes and toiletries. Despite snarled traffic from a soccer game that just let out - our driver was kind, courteous and patient. Normally he would drop a customer off and return to the hotel so he would be available for airport pick-ups. But, because of the mayhem the stadium caused, it would be faster to just wait for us.

We zipped through Walmart at lightspeed and he (the Hilton driver) was patiently waiting for us in the parking lot. We gave him a $20 tip for his kindness and I thought he was going to cry from the gesture. I thought he was worth every penny and more for how kind he was to us.

We returned to the hotel and with new swim-wear in hand took a dip in the pool. This hotel has a unique pool. It is half enclosed in glass and half outdoor. You can swim under the glass in one spot to get on either side. Very nice! Plus, there were fresh towels and the pool area was clean.

After a swim we went to the room and ordered a movie and room service. Our room service was promptly delivered and the waiter was super nice and attentive.

We slept on comfortable beds, enjoyed a large and spacious room, and had a view overlooking Six Flags.

All in all this was a wonderful stay - despite the travel troubles we endured. I can't say enough about how kind the staff was at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 18, 2009

Stayed here while doing a seminar. Very nice hotel, a little older, but well kept. Excellent room service.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Jsrivera, Owner/Management Company at Hilton Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2009

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share your feedback and opinions on TripAdvisor.

We hope you can join us again in the near future and have the opportunity to visit the new Cowboys Stadium.

Best regards,

Jessica Rivera
Regional Director

Reviewed December 28, 2008

My wife and I traveled to Dallas to visit family. Being Hilton Honors members, we decided to stay at the local hilton. This was a big mistake. The room was barely clean. The bathroom was what you wold expect from a motel 6. We were "lucky" to get a handicap bathroom and the shower was barely usable.

We didnt even stay for our complimentary breakfast in the AM and just checked out as soon as we could.

Our non smoking room also smelled of cigars.

We were very disappointed overall.

• Stayed: December 2008
1  Thank Inder22
Reviewed November 3, 2008

After the recent reviews of this hotel - I went there for a conference with some trepidation. But for the most part, my experience was quite good.

Front desk staff was very polite and helpful (including telling us that if we had any issues with the room please let them know, and also providing late checkout with no complaints). Room was huge, clean and bed was confortable. Restaurant food was better than expected.

The main problem is that - as other reviewers have noted - the walls/doors are poor at masking sound. So the hotel can be loud. But I personally didn't have any significant problems and my stay was quite nice.

Stayed: October 2008
1  Thank San Antonio member
Reviewed September 8, 2008

Check in was smooth. Our room was 1106....you do not want this room. It sits right next to "maid quarters" and we heard every single word they said thru the vent in our room. We booked a junior suite so we would have room for our 2 kids. (ages 14 and 3) The room in the suite was the only good thing about it.....
The room was just dated!! Wall paper peeling, what appeared to be black mold on the ceiling in the bedroom part of the suite. Our remote wasnt operable and only had 1 battery when we went to turn the tv on at night...we called about it and was told maintenance went home for the evening. Who cares if maintenance went home, it was a remote!!! All we needed was a battery. Anyhow, they ended up bring us a new remote.
The sink drain didn't drain....husband had to fix that. The shower was dirty so we called to ask housekeeping to clean it. They came quick, but didnt clean the shampoo stain left in the shower by the previous guest. (which was the main reason we called!!!)
Dirty glasses sat outside our door from the minute we first stepped into the room at check in, until we checked out.....that is gross!!!!!
The leather chair at the desk in the room was all beat up and tearing apart.
Two positives......location and the bed....the bed was very comfy.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank Heard
Reviewed March 21, 2008

This Hotel is not deserving of being in the Hilton family. As a HiltonHonors member I have stayed in numerous facilities.

This had to be the noisiest hotel I have EVER stayed in. Doors are cheap and paper thin so ALL the hall noise and the adjacent doors opening and closing are a bother. Just the act of distributing newspapers at 5 a.m. can be a noisy experience.

Elavators were dirty..carpet stains everywhere.

The front desk staff needs retraining ( if they ever recceived any)
in customer service and politeness.

And then there was the shuttle trip from the airport. Driver doing 65mph so close to the cars in front of him that we could not see the license plate of the other vehicle.

After two nights I booked my staff and myself in another Hilton group hotel ....(see my review of Fort Worth Embassy Suites) for the balance of my stay in the Dallas area.

Avoid this hotel ....there are better ones out there!!!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)