“No improvement over previous stay”
Review of Hilton Arlington

Hilton Arlington
Ranked #1 of 62 Hotels in Arlington
Ohio
“No improvement over previous stay”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Returned over the weekend, looking forward to a better experience after a private message from the hotel owner account on Yelp. They explained they've undergone a full renovation. I went in with an open mind expecting a great experience. I left rating it worse than my previous visit.

To be clear, I would not classify their improvements as a "full renovation." Instead, the rooms have been refurnished. Sure there's new linens, perhaps new furniture, but the core of the room is still aged. The new bedding is, meh...the pillows entirely too big. They had an HDTV with lots of HD channels, but no printed channel guide for the viewer.

One good thing was two free bottles of water placed in the room daily, and a mini fridge to keep them cool.

The room still suffers from too small of a bathroom, to an air conditioning system that has a thermostat programmed to lie to the occupant. Press and hold the hot/cold buttons for five seconds and you'll see the room's actual temperature. Mine ranged anywhere from 6-9 degrees warmer than the setting. Inside the bathroom the vents are still in serious need of duct cleaning, as there's enough dust to fill a small stuffed animal, or dust bunny :-)

Housekeeping shorted me a bath towel on night #3.

Service wise the hotel lacks, or more precisely suffers. Being on a ten day road stretch I submitted laundry to the front desk. $85 worth of cleaning. I return after 6pm to find that the hotel does not deliver your items to your room, and when you pick them up they neglect to give you everything. So there I was at 3:30am day of departure searching for my shirts and socks, then stuffing them into my roller at the front desk at departure.

On day two the hotel's wifi wouldn't recognize my HHonors number, or promo code, so I billed Internet to the room, it was like pulling teeth convincing them to issue a credit.

Interestingly you can find parking close to the hotel entrance as it seems other guests get confused with the red fire lane pavement markings that are at the end of many spaces close to the Conrad restaurant.

Room Tip: Tip to choose a good room??? Try the Hilton Garden in across the street or the Hampton Inn west of t...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank IntegrityTravel
James_Shandor, General Manager at Hilton Arlington, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
As you can tell from the many positive reviews on this site, our hotel does a very good job of taking care of our guests. Our rooms indeed have brand new beds with very large fluffy pillows, I am sorry you found them to be too large for you ? Bathrooms now have all new fixtures and new surrounds, wall paper and floors. They look great. We have 60 HD channels that you can access a guide from by hitting the 'guide' button on the remote control. My staff will also valet your vehicle for you if you do not care to walk from any of the brand new paved parking spaces.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for LSU TCU game at Cowboys Stadium. Great service despite busy weekend. Arrived before rooms were ready but hotel had setup a ballroom with big screens and Wii. It was stocked with water and soft drinks as well as game day snacks - great wings, soft pretzels and spinach dip. It was the perfect thing to offer guests as housekeeping was behind schedule. Shuttle to game was $20 instead of $7 usually offered for TX Rangers games. Even at those prices it sold out early but hotel arranged for inexpensive taxi alternative.
Jody and his team provided wonderful service although they were hosting the TCU football team and tons of excited fans.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank TexTravs
We had a fun weekend with the team and fans, thank you for the nice note and see you for the next game here !
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We had a great stay! We will stay at this hotel again without a doubt. The shuttle service back and forth to the Dallas Cowboys game was the best part! Hotel is clean and all the employees were helpful!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Texasgirl0301
We live for game day weekends....glad you had a good experience. Thank you for the nice note and we will see you next time.
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This hotel is in a very convenient location for my business trip purposes. Easy access to the airport and main roads. Average but good breakfast. Good wifi internet speed in both room and lobby. There's some good restaurants nearby (nice Saltgrass is in an walking distance).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thanks for the feedback, we work very hard to ensure all of our guests leave happy. We look forward to your next stay with us.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I was in Arlington for a business meeting and stayed at the Hilton Arlington. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The hotel was spotless. My room was very comfortable. Everything about the hotel was very perfect for me - I was able to get a great nights sleep both nights. Checking in and out was simple and easy. I would definitely stay at the Hilton Arlington again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
James_Shandor, General Manager at Hilton Arlington, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you for the nice feedback, we are very proud of our hotel and our staff. We are known for our service and cleanliness levels which are of the highest degree for our market.
WICHITA
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The service at this hotel was not so good. It was apparent the staff was there only for a paycheck. The phone did not work in my room and had to use my cell to call front desk and room service. Just wasn't happy with this esp since I had to pay what I did. This hotel should not be more than 99 a night----ever

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

The phones in the guest rooms have two lines, if you press the buttons for line one or two, you can choose which phone line to use. We aplogize for any confusion this may have caused you.
Chicago
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I want to believe that my family caught them on a bad weekend, but either way I'm never staying here again. We stayed here on a road trip from Chicago to visit family, in one room was me, my husband and our two kids under 2; my parents stayed in another room.

Pro's
Extremely friendly and professional staff at the breakfast buffet
Decent size room

Con's
Long spans when no one answered the phone at the front desk or housekeeping
*I called multiple times about towels because although we had a double room we only had two face towels and two bath towels.
*I had to request a crib for my little one twice.
When we were able to speak with someone rather it was on the phone or in person at the front desk the request was often times not fulfilled, or took days to be addressed
*My father (in the room next door) requested a certain type of pillow at check-in for his allergies that is noted in his Hilton honors account. The pillow was requested at least 4 times but was not brought up until day 2. He spent the 1st night sleeping with no pillow.
*We were not brought up more towels at all the 1st day. And the next day was given 1 extra hand towel?!?! Getting towels was like pulling nails!
Our housekeeper was not friendly and would not give me towels when I stopped her in the hallway. She said she was all out and they were being washed which I can understand, what I can’t understand is the stop bothering me tone she said it in and her rolling her eyes. Needless to say she was really nice after she saw me in the hall the next day when we left a tip for her cleaning our room. (I felt like I really should since my son spilt cherrios all over the carpet and my daughter spit-up on the sheets so they needed to be changed.

The bathrooms by the pool have no hand soap. (GROSS) It was not a case of the soap needing to be refilled there was no place for soap! Also there is no shower in the pool area to wet yourself before getting in the pool or rinse the chlorine off afterwards.

The front desk did comp us breakfast for our troubles which was nice and did taste good. That is where I encountered the nice staff. The hostess even watched my baby for me while I made my plate which was really sweet. I think that it was a busy weekend because Monday seemed so much better staff wise, but I will never stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
James_Shandor, General Manager at Hilton Arlington, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thanks for your valuable feedback, we do indeed have brand new faucets and soap dispensers in our public restrooms, our guests appreciate the new look very much. All of our rooms are stocked with the brand approved new Hilton towel, and again, our guests appreciate this amenity very much.