“The perfect location for the Game !”
Review of Hilton Arlington

Hilton Arlington
Ranked #2 of 62 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

IT has a great location close to the Cowboy stadium and the hotel was clean. Also close ti good restaurantes and some shopping!
We where the for 5 nights when we arrive the hotel had free chocolate and coffe I thougth that was great for My kids And the Day of the Game the sold everything You could imagen in the lobby of the Resort!

• Stayed: December 2012
James_Shandor, General Manager at Hilton Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2013

Thank you, we are the premier location for all Dallas Cowboys games as well as Texas Rangers ballgames. We look forward to seeing you again at the Dallas Arlington Hilton.

regards,

Reviewed January 31, 2013

This was my first stay at this location. The hotel was clean and welcoming. The staff were welcoming and helpful. Check in was fast. I booked a standard king room online and found that at check in that I had been assigned to one of the newly renovated deluxe king room, which had a mini fridge (that made me happy). I ordered room service. They were quick & efficient. The Double Fudge cake was to die for, it was so good. The bed was super soft, as always. I had breakfast in the restaurant the morning I checked out. The staff were very nice as was the selection of food for a decent price.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
James_Shandor, General Manager at Hilton Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, and I agree, our food and service is the best in the area. Our rooms have just been renovated, so, we also have the best product in the area! We look forward to seeing you back again!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed 3 nights at this Hilton and had an overall good experience. The staff were all friendly and helpful. I still don't see the logic in charging for wifi when all the less pricey places include it for free. I realize Hilton likes to attract wealthier clients so they can charge 13.00 for a burger and not get complaints about high prices. But then that's the case with most Hiltons. Nice place though.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
James_Shandor, General Manager at Hilton Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate your business and look forward to your return!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I had not stayed in this property for a bit of time; my previous experiences were pretty good. I was pleased to see that the property has undergone renovations. I get the sense they are still in progress -- for instance, the lobby could use a freshening -- but I was placed in a renovated room, and it looked really nice. The room had new carpet, new furniture, new linens, new curtains, etc. The style was very pleasing (purples, browns, and grays). The bed was very comfortable. I particularly appreciated that the new room had added several outlets (on lamps, etc.). Parking was easy. Service at the hotel was good; check-in was fast and welcoming and the doorman was very welcoming, too. Would happily return!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback on the renovations, we agree, they look great with much more to come this year !

Reviewed January 19, 2013

In the 2005-2008 timeframe, I probably stayed at this hotel a couple dozen times. This Hilton is convenient to the business that I visit and, since I am Hilton-loyal, there just didn't seem to be a reason to stay anywhere else. On my last trip, about 4 years ago, I thought the hotel needed some updating. Thankfully, I found during my recent visit that some of that seems to have happened. The decor and carpets on my floor were definitely updated and looked nice. However, on the elevator ride down past a few of the other floors, I saw the same old, now very tired-looking carpets. The pool area and fitness facility seem to be about the same, as does the bar area ("Septembers"). The restaurant ("Conrads") was definitely updated and looks nice. The lobby looks exactly the same as it did 4 years ago, right down to the well-worn chairs and sparse, somewhat neglected-looking decorations. Overall, this hotel gets heavy traffic from business travelers Mon-Fri and the constant wear must be difficult to keep up with.

The rooms are spacious, except for the bathrooms. Again, the bathrooms don't look like they've been updated since who-knows-when. It drives me crazy that door almost hits the toilet when it swings in. I feel like, whenever I'm in the bathroom doing anything, I need to close the door to get it out of the way. Also, housekeeping tends not to put water glasses in the bathroom which I've always found curious and annoying, since I have to go back into the room to find the glasses when I'm simply brushing my teeth. Overall, the sleep quality is good, with firm mattresses and plush pillows. A couple of my co-workers complained of noise from people who were probably partying down at the bar, but I've never really experienced any problems. Housekeeping always keeps the rooms very clean.

The breakfast buffet is pretty good if you get HHonors breakfast tickets. Otherwise, I'm not sure I would spend $17 on what they offer. I was happy to see that a few of the same waiters that I remember from years ago are still working there. They must like their jobs, and management must treat them well. They work hard, so make sure you leave them a tip!

I understand that the hotel is continuing to renovate, which is a wise decision, since competition seems to be stepping up in the area. I couldn't help but notice a brand new Hilton Garden Inn right down the street. Loyal HHonors members like me are, no doubt, interested to see what that hotel has to offer.

Room Tip: Higher floors may have received renovations first. Neither side has a particularly good view. Nois...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thanks for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback, it means so much! The hotel is undergoing a multi million dollar renovation this year to include the lobby and dining room and bar. We are very excited about the new changes coming. Our breakfast buffet boasts the best selection in the area, much more options than the limited service products in the area.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Was in Dallas for business and stayed here. Great experience. Started with them picking me up at Dallas Airport. I was in early and they got me in to a room immediately. Great rooms with HD tvs. I was there New Years Day and decided to go out for food and come back to watch the games. Excellent experience.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
James_Shandor, General Manager at Hilton Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2013

Thanks for the great feedback, we boast the largest flat screens in the area, 42" and 65 HD channels! It's truly a relaxing experience for our guests.

Kind regards,

Reviewed December 29, 2012

I stayed here a few months ago for the first time and was impressed so I came back. Again, a great stay. Although just overnight, this time I was welcomed back as a Hilton Honors member. The manager had sent me an email as well welcoming me back and offering me a number to call if the stay did not meet my expectations. Well, all of my expectations were met and exceeded. This property is perfectly located for me because my regional office I visit is literally 1 mile down the street. I have told all of my co-workers to stay here and many of them have.

I look forward to my next stay in Hilton Arlington....

Room Tip: All rooms are wonderful. You can stay anywhere on any floor. Just enjoy!!!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
James_Shandor, General Manager at Hilton Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2013

Thank you, I do send out my contact information to all of my guests, I want to be there for them 24/7 should they need anything. This is rarely necessary since I work with a wonderful group of professionals who are as passionate about hospitality as I am. We look forward to your next visit.