“Not the Hilton I know”
Review of Hilton Arlington

Hilton Arlington
Ranked #2 of 63 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed October 3, 2012

This is not the Hilton I have come to trust so adamantly! I am a Hilton Honors member and have stayed in Hiltons worldwide. Hilton has built a name I felt I could trust. I wish I would have read these reviews sooner. This property is not Hilton standards by any stretch. Everything about it screams "RENOVATE ME!!!" From driving into the parking lot, I knew that the property was beneath the Hilton standard. The check in process was very slow but the folks were very nice. We entered our room and it smelled old, looked old, just wasn't what we've come to know. We were given a whopping 2 towels upon arrival. I will say, the rooms and common areas were clean. I had no problem with the sanitary conditions of the property. We purchased the shuttle tickets to get to and from the game and it was a good deal after seeing what the properties around stadium charge for parking (up to $90!). We paid $20 each for the round trip tickets. I would venture to say that the shuttle service people are outsourced. Upon our return from the game, the shuttle shepherd treated as bad as I've ever been treated by anyone in the "hospitality" industry. Getting back to the hotel, I promptly complained to the front desk about the man's behaviour but there was nothing they could do without his name (really?!) At any rate, this place needs a face lift. It's perfectly good if you just want a place to rest your head but based on the Hilton prices, I'd suggest heading a block down to the La Quinta and get the same quality (or better) for quite a bit less. P.S. When I asked for more towels, I was given 2 for the next day...only 2.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
James_Shandor, General Manager at Hilton Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and opinion with regards to your stay. We are renovating the hotel and there are many more exciting changes coming in the future months. Many guests do indeed take advantage of our shuttle service to and from events at both professional stadiums. Thank you again for your valuable feedback.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,298)

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Last September, I stayed at the Hilton Arlington (TX) and had an outstanding experience, so it was only natural to return there when business brought me to Arlington on the corresponding weekend this year. To sum it up, the property is even better now, in part thanks to the renovated rooms, and because it offers a $6 shuttle to and from Texas Rangers and Dallas Cowboys games (saving you endless aggravation by not doing the driving yourself, and quite a few dollars in parking fees as well).

At check in, the front desk clerk offered me the choice of a Diamond upgrade to a pre-renovation suite (like I stayed in last year) or a renovated regular king-bedded room. She recommended the renovated room, so I went with her choice and it was the right move.

The renovated rooms have terrific beds with really good pillows, and the sheets are very comfortable. Flat screen tv's are complemented by a wide array of channels that include everything from ESPN, ESPN-2, ESPN-U and ESPN News to enough Spanish Language channels to satisfy anyone in need of the bi-lingual side. The tv's are the right size for the room and the right distance from the bed, so if you like watching before going to sleep, its perfect.

Bathroom amenities are excellent, with shampoo, conditioner, lotion, large bath-size soap bar with unique massage "bumps" and a "handle" on one end and a shower-gel that works very nicely. The bath-shower combo has the new curved-style side and a double-curtain to keep the water inside. The curtain is the right size and length (I've noticed quite a few properties where this is a problem).

The sofa is large and deep, with an extra piece on the end so you can really "put your legs up and stretch out." The desk is a modern working station with ample electrical outlets. If you're a wireless fan, you'll be really pleased with the wireless - the hotel was sold out during my stay, but I never had a problem with signal strength and never lost the connection.

(Don't worry about being in a pre-renovation room or suite - they are fine, just a little bit different look and furniture.)

If you are a Hilton Honors Gold or Diamond, take the free breakfast as the perk. It is a wide-ranging buffet with properly prepared and maintained items ranging from very good scrambled eggs to reall fresh fruit salad (not the kind that has that off-taste caused by preservatives), and from real oatmeal to make-your-own yogurt sundaes. If there is a negative, its the bagels, which are dull, clearly a cheap frozen immitation - but there are so many other breads to choose from, that it doesn't matter much. Oh, yes, the french toast was top of the line, too. One other note: many buffets get messy because of guests who spill things, but the staff keeps a watchful eye on this and cleans the spills immediately.

The wait-staff in the restaurant was more than attentive - at one point, when I went back up to the buffet, I returned to find my orange juice glass re-filled, even though I had not asked for more. Three different servers checked on me periodically, and when it was time to leave, they were on the spot with the check when requested.

There is also a free shuttle to/from DFW Airport, leaving the hotel on the hour. Two drivers ensure that you can get there, although there may sometimes be confusion about going at "off" times. Just be sure to reserve the night before if possible, and then double-check in the morning as a precaution (something I learned years ago).

If you have a group, be sure to contact Sherry Gutkowski, the sales manager we worked with - she is eager to find solutions and get you inside her doors. The large group that was in-house during my stay was absolutely delighted and will certainly return during its next trip to the area according to its leaders.

The restaurant also serves lunch and dinner. Although I did not eat either meal there, my assistant ate dinner and was really pleased. Given that we're on the road a good bit, I trust his judgement on restaurants and reasonable pricing.

I recommend this property and will return there again next year when I visit Arlington on business.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the renovated rooms and you'll move from very good to terrific accommodations.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
James_Shandor, General Manager at Hilton Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Thank you for all of the kind words in your review, we are very proud of our hotel and our team. We appreciate your continued loyalty to our hotel and look forward to seeing you back again at the Dallas Arlington Hilton Hotel.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

I left my garment bag behind at the Hilton Arlington and their staff went out of their way to make sure the bag was retrieved, and that the bag was taken care of. A hotel employee took care of the situation in a swift manner. I have never met an hotel staff who was more hospitable, and helpful than Hotel Arlington

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for the kind note, we receive many lost articles at our hotel and our team takes the best care of them until we can return them to their rightful owner. We look forward to seeing you back again at the Dallas Arlington Hilton.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

We decided to stay at the Hilton because it was close to the rangers stadium. It was the perfect location to stay for my sons first baseball game. The staff was outstanding couldn't have asked for anything more. To top it off the day of the game they ran shuttle buses to and from the hotel for the fans! This family will be returning to the Hilton Arlington soon.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for the nice note! Yes we are the premier hotel for all Texas Rangers baseball games as well as Dallas Cowboy football games. We have shuttle service for all home stadium events for our guests. We look forward to your return to the Dallas Arlington Hilton Hotel.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

The name "Hilton" used to mean quality. Any more it means outdated hotels with rude and uncaring staff. We booked a room at the Hilton Arlington in Arlington, TX with two queen beds. When we arrived the beds were "full" size not queen size. Who puts full size beds in their rooms instead of queen beds? When we complained, the manager offered to comp our shuttle to Cowboys stadium but admitted he couldn't get a shuttle to come pick us up! This was on top of the fact that their website says shuttle service with 3 miles is free. Evidently not. If you like being lied to, ripped off, and disappointed then book a room here. Otherwise, stay at a quality hotel that values their guests and does what they advertise. Hilton! What a joke! I will NEVER stay at another Hilton as long as I live.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

We apologize that your interpretation of our double rooms was incorrect. All of our rooms do indeed come with two full size beds, not queens. We do not sell queen beds nor does our website or any other reservation source advertise this. Our shuttle service does run to and from Cowboys Stadium for all events there, and it is a valuable amenity for our guests. Thanks again for your valuable input, and we hope you will give us another try upon your next visit to the area.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

As a HILTON HONOR GOLD member, I reserved this hotel 3/12/12 for a two-night stay 8/31/12 and 9/1/12. Upon arrival, the desk clerk informed us that they could not honor our KING bed reservation, but instead we were getting a 2 double bed room! Well, I suppose this was some kind of test...or a game...to see if we would accept HILTON ignoring our reservation. When I asked why a reservation made nearly 6 months ago could not be honored, first the clerk acted surprised that I had that information and then claimed it was changed, but eventually she honored our KING bed reservation when I produced my copy of my reservation confirmation!
The hotel had no complimentary shuttle service as advertised on their website. Instead they were selling $20/pp round-trip tickets on a coach bus to Cowboy Stadium. Sales began at 7am the day of the game. Distance to Cowboy’s Stadium is less than 2 miles, so we opted to walk. It’s a very easy, safe walk, if you are conditioned for walking 2 miles.
Surprisingly, we could hear the SIX FLAGS coasters from our room, even when they were performing maintenance/testing at 7am!

Room Tip: Request room in back of property to avoid noise from SIX FLAGS.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
James_Shandor, General Manager at Hilton Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2012

We actually do not advertise complimentary transportation on our website, but we do offer transportation from our front drive to all Cowboy game events which is the most efficient way to get to and from the venue. This is a very positive amenity for our guests and one that I receive many positive comments on. Thanks for your valuable feedback.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed at this hotel before a major event in Cowboys Stadium with 90,000 people in attendance. It met all of our expectations of a full service Hilton, but it's age shows by the simple fact there was an old fashioned bottle opener in the bathroom, something you rarely see at newer facilities.

Because of it's location it's relatively expensive, but we were able to relax at the hotel until just before the football game and it only took an hour to drive in football traffice to the stadium, park in a prepaid remote lot and be in our seats and could have done this faster if we were more familiar with the stadium.

We expected the hotel to be very noisy after the game and were pleased with how quiet it actually was.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thanks for your valuable input. We are the premier hotel for all events at Cowboys Stadium. We get many positive comments on this website as you can see, all from repeat guests who have come to appreciate our hotel and services.