“Excellent - very happy”
Review of Hilton Arlington

Hilton Arlington
Ranked #2 of 63 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed October 17, 2011

I had to travel to Arlington on a business trip. The meeting had blocked rooms at the Sheraton which is a fully non-smoking establishment. I found the Hilton and was ecstatic that they offered smoking rooms and was close by to the meeting facilities. In addition, we had no problem checking in early or with a request for a late check out. Room service was wonderful; view was great. We were on the 10th floor and there was hardly any outside noise. Internet service was great also. This will be my future home in Arlington when I have to travel.

Room Tip: Higher floors have great views and less traffic.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
James_Shandor, General Manager at Hilton Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2011

We are so delighted that we will be your hotel of choice when traveling back to Arlington! Thank you and we look forward to your next visit!

Warm regards,
Hilton Arlington Texas

Write a ReviewReviews (1,298)

Reviewed October 10, 2011

My family and I stayed at the Hilton in Arlington for one night to attend the Texas Rangers ALCS game. Check in and out was quick and easy, we were also allowed to check in a few hours early which was a plus. The parking lot needs major repair work, there are pot holes all over the place. I had to dodge potholes as I was trying to find a place to park. The lobby seems to have been remodeled a few years ago but the rooms are old and dated. The bathroom door in our room squeeked every time we opened or closed it and the ceiling showed signs of sub-par reapair work. The beds were very uncomfortable, not what I am used to from a Hilton property. The hotel offers a complimentary "trolley" service to and from the game which is nice. However, beware that the last trolley leaves a few minutes before the start of the game and will not return until the game is over. Due to poor planning on our part, we missed the trolley going to the game and had to pay a taxi $10 per person one-way. All in all, the stay was not great, just okay.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank RobertSATX
James_Shandor, General Manager at Hilton Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2011

Thank you so much for your valuable feedback. Our rooms on floor 15 have just been renovated as of last week, and there is much more to come! I am glad we were able to accomodate your early check in, and we are sorry you did not have a good experience with the taxi system, that we do not have much control over.

Regards,

Reviewed September 27, 2011

Checked in on a Saturday night. Prior to our arrival I called the front desk and spoke to Nancy who accomodated my requests for a high floor with a Cowboys Stadium view. Our room on the 14th floor had a great panoramic view. Nancy also patiently answered my questions about nearby shopping. The only dissapointment was that there was no acknowledgement of my daughter's 16th birthday, even though I mentioned it when making my reservation. Usually when I check into a Hilton I receive two bottles of water (a welcome amenity) but I did not here.

Our room was clean and well appointed, no dust, dirt or stary hairs on the flooor. The beds were extremely comfortable and I appreciated the two club chairs for evening reading. The bathroom was a little tight in that the door hits the tub when you open it and you have to "scoot" by it to get to the toilet. It was definately tight for two women.

The location was great. Easy access to freeway, Rangers Stadium, Cowboys Stadium, Whole Foodds, Wal-Mart, Starbuck's and gas stations. A rental car is a must.

I also want to compliment Jeffrey at the front desk who always warmly welcomed us when we came back from a day of sightseeing and patiently answered our many questions about the area. His positive attitude and welcoming smile made us feel like we were coming home when we came back to the hotel in the evening.

As a Hilton Hhonors Gold Member the breakfast buffet was free and plentiful, Thick bacon, biscuits and gravy, eggs, cereal, sausage, fresh fruit, yogurt and french toast. I saw oatmeal, but no grits :( The first morning we recieved attentive service from a male server (refills on coffee ect.), but the second morning we were pretty much ignored by our female server and I had to flag down the man who served us the day before to get coffee.

Parking was ample and we never had a problem finding a nearby space.

I would definately return to this hotel when in the area again.

Room Tip: As for a high floor with a stadium view (14th or 15th floor)
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank tricia28
James_Shandor, General Manager at Hilton Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2011

Nancy and Jeffrey are super stars at the front desk for us, we are very fortunate to have them working for us! We do with your daughter a happy 16th! Look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed September 26, 2011

Great room, great people.

Definitely will stay there again.

Our company was about a mile away - very convenient.

Great eating places close by.

1  Thank SylviaR933

Thank you, and yes, we are the preferred hotel for all local and national business accounts. We understand hospitality, and our location puts you and your company in the most productive environment. Thanks for your business.

Regards,

Reviewed September 23, 2011

It was a short but enjoyable stay thanks to the desk clerk who put me on the 15th floor which was newly decorated and quite comfortable

Room Tip: ask for the 15th floor newly renovated
1  Thank miguel e
James_Shandor, General Manager at Hilton Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2011

We are excited about the new decor and soon the entire hotel will match! Thank you for the kind note and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed September 20, 2011

The Hilton-Arlington, on Lamar, is a superior experience from check-in to check-out. The location is great, directly across from Six Flags, and a five-minute drive to the Ballpark at Arlington and Cowboys Stadium. There is ample parking in a well-lit lot, and the four entrances/exits to/from the lot make ingress/egress easy, especially if you want to make a left on to Lamar to head back to I-30 (there is a traffic light at Lamar on the side street).

When I made my reservation via the on-property service, the reservationist asked if there was "anything else (she) could help me with?," and I joked, "How about a winning lottery ticket?" Well, when I checked in, there was a $2 lottery ticket in my key holder packet --- it didn't win, but that gesture brought a smile to my face.

The front desk staff is friendly, attentive and knowlegable about the property. Questions about rooms, business center, bar & restaurant were answered accurately and completely. A reasonably-priced breakfast buffet combines with a nice menu for a good dining experience. The restaurant is converted into a nightclub in the evenings, but you do not hear the music in the sleeping rooms upstairs (although I was on the 15th floor, so I cannot comment about lower floors).

Elevators seem quick, even when there was heavy traffic, and the lobby is well-apportioned and spacious enough to accommodate lots of guests in comfort. The hallways are nice and wide, so you can get around housekeeping carts and other guests.

Possibly the best thing of all is the sleeping room. I was upgraded to a junior suite and it had a great sofa, nice sitting chair, desk chair that could be raised/lowered as desired (you would be surprised at how many of these chairs do not work), great desk for working, etc. The bathroom had very good supplies and there were plenty of towels. Hot water was instant, although the shower water pressure was a bit less than I personally like --- may be a case of saving water during the long drought the region has faced. Room temperature control worked perfectly. The room smelled fresh and the pull rods on the curtains all worked.

Now for the bed --- its GREAT. Terrific mattress, nice duvet-style comforter with covering sheets, plenty of pillows. I got two great nights' sleep, and I do not normally sleep well on the road.

This is a property to remember in the most positive way.

Room Tip: If you can upgrade to the junior suite, its a great room.
3  Thank Nathan S

Thank you for your nice comments, we do go out of our way for every single guest to ensure they have a comfortable and productive stay! I will share your feedback with my front desk team, they are the best team in the area!

Reviewed September 18, 2011

Ok but won't stay here again. We were put in a room with the elevator right outside our door. It was horrible. I barely got any sleep the whole night due to people being so loud getting on and off the elevator all hours of the night. Even if the people weren't being loud, the ding ding noise from the elevator itself was enough to wake me up. This was a horrible night just from the lack of rest I was able to get.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Jaylasmom

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We were happy to accomodate you with your room type selected.