“The Bomb! In A Good Way.”

Jo-Ed's Bomber Incorporated
Ranked #171 of 825 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Soups
Reviewed August 14, 2014

We have been going to The Bomber for years and have always had a great sandwich served with a smile. The classic 6" Bomber with meat sauce on Italian is the way to go.This is what they built their business on. I don't care how big you are the 12" is hard to put away! OK...so maybe some reviewers are confused by what an eastern-style sub is but who cares? The sandwiches are great. The drinks are cold and the service is always great. No pretenses here. A great sandwich at a fair price. What else could you ask for?!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Jo-Ed's is one of 2 subs shops that are near each other and have been in Arlington for decades. I tried both within 2 weeks of each other. The atmosphere is great, supporting our troops. The subs are awesome, reminding me of summers I spent eating subs on the beaches of New Jersey. The prices are great too. I will be back as soon as possible. I often crave a good east coast style sub.

1  Thank ttot11
Reviewed June 26, 2013

This place has real New York style Subs their called Bombers, everything is fresh, like a real deli, nothing is built until you order it, oh yeah don't forget to try the Spicy Meatballs on your Bomber, and get some extra napkins, you can thank me later for both of those last two suggestions. I never miss a chance to enjoy a Bomber with Meatballs whenever I can, and I'm betting you will feel the same way, give 'em a try.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I am not really a sandwich person, but when I have one I always go to Jo-Ed's Bomber. I have lived in Arlington over 50 years and this has always been the sandwich place for me. The ladies who work there are delightful and very welcoming and they make an excellent eastern style sub. I always order Bomber Special on Italian bread with extra pickles. If you are in the mood for a sub sandwich in Arlington, this is the place to go.

3  Thank markandkarenbrown
Reviewed January 30, 2013

My opinion differs greatly from the previous posts.

First the sign says this is an eastern style sub place and I'm not exactly sure what that is but I do know I absolutely hated my trip to this place and I have never used the word "hated" before in a review.

The ladies that work here are not friendly at all. They were not that busy and still seemed short and annoyed with any question.

I ordered a sandwich on their white bread and it was awful, hard on the outside but sort of doughy on the inside. I'm not sure if the bad taste I was getting was from the seasonings they put on sandwiches or the bread but I didn't think I would ever get the taste out of my mouth. My Dr. pepper had zero carbonation and fizz, not even a tiny bubble, it was flat as a doorknob and when I took up to the not so friendly ladies, they acted like they could care less and offered me tea. Well I had seen my husband's tea and it looked dark brown, like it had been there a few days. I just passed on a drink and told my husband I couldn't eat another bite of the sandwich. A waste of time and money.

I will never go back. I think Dino's Sub's on the other end of Pioneer Parkway Off Collins is a whole lot better!