“Never Had a Bad Meal or Experience Here”
Review of Campo Verde

Campo Verde
Ranked #117 of 863 Restaurants in Arlington
Reviewed August 24, 2014

Now, I am not claiming they serve gourmet food at Campo Verde. The food is good, relative to other Mexican restaurants I have eaten at, and the people have been nice the several times I have been there.

My wife and I were introduced to Campo Verde restaurant by our daughter and her husband. Younger people will probably feel comfortable with the décor, but, I am no longer young, and, after the first contact with the dining area, I would have to say, although the food, service, and price are all in the good category, I know several other places where I would rather eat.

For my personal tastes, the restaurant seating area is a bit busy, and I think, as others have said, "you come for the view". The restaurant is "decorated" with knick-knacks...which seem to have no theme, Christmas lights, and trains that run on tracks above the diners. I am almost reminded of the old Trader Jon's bar in Pensacola.

The restaurant seems to have grown organically by adding on seating spaces, and the first time I used the restroom (which was clean, by the way), I had trouble finding my way back to my table.

Food is good. Service is good. Prices are reasonable.

Reviewed August 20, 2014

My family always has a tradition of going here every Christmas. The food is always excellent!! Service is excellent too!! I like how they give you queso to snack on before your meal! The lights are never ending and the train is cool to watch. Anyone who likes Christmas doesn't have to wait until Christmas to go there!

Reviewed August 10, 2014

The food is average at best. The service is about the same. We go here with friends so they can have the experience of the place. Perhaps it would be better to just come for drinks as the food has never been that good. My son said it's like eating under a Christmas tree. That's cool! There is also a "G" scale train that travels around inside around the ceiling area. So - the atmosphere is really great. It's just a shame the food is rather poor.

1  Thank pblowrey
Reviewed May 15, 2014

I was a huge fan of the FW location back in the 90's. Recently visited the Arlington location and the food was just average. The chips are still good but that's about it. The tables are from the 70's I think. The food is just ok which is sad because it was very good back in the 90's.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Everything about Campo Verde used to be outstanding. There were even known for having the thickest, softest most awesome napkins you've ever felt. There was a long time GM named John who really took great care of the restaurant and its patrons. He's long gone and now so are the napkins and, more importantly, the food quality. Very low quality ingredients are used these days, rice is always overcooked and the meat they pass off as steak is just horrible. Chips and cheese are still to die for however that in and of itself is not enough to carry this long time DWG staple.

1  Thank davidmK9447PM