“A must if your in Arlington”
Review of Campo Verde

Campo Verde
Ranked #152 of 818 Restaurants in Arlington
Reviewed April 4, 2012

This place is awesome. Food is spot on every time seating is usually pretty fast and the prices are very fare. The place is wonderfully decorated during the Holiday Season and to go there then is a great experience.

Reviewed September 8, 2011

We go there because we like the ambiance. Great place for families or larger crowds. The Tex Mex is reliable and I recommend the fajitas. The service is also very good.

Reviewed June 13, 2011

We go every year to Campo Verde for my husband's birthday lunch with his family. It has a lot of cool stuff to look at inside and a train running around near the ceiling. One of the few restaurants that will bring out cheese sauce/queso with the salsa and no extra charge. Our family loves the cheese sauce and the waiters never refuse refills. I love their chicken enchiladas with the white sauce on top. I order it every time and am never disappointed. Staff is always friendly and when you go for lunch on the weekend, you never have to wait. They have good lunch specials along with regular menu items. There are a lot of choices, something for every one! I saw this time that they have exotic fajitas, like buffalo.

Reviewed January 22, 2010

Really the worst Tex-Mex restaurant I've had the displeasure to eat in. The decor was sad and garish, it was noisy and how do you make bad fajitas? The torilla soup was uneatable and a first for me, peas floating in there. Never again!

Reviewed October 29, 2009

Heretofore, we've always been satisfied with this restaurant. The food is good, the prices fair and the service reliable.
However, a few weeks ago, we were greeted by an empty parking lot and dimly lit restaurant.
I opened the door and peered inside and there were a few people eating and several others at the bar, so I went back to the car and got my husband (in a walker) and helped him in.
We were told, however, when we walked inside, that they had closed early that evening because business was so slow.
We tried again this evening--walked in at 5 minutes to eight. The waiter took our order, brought the food and announced that they were closed because of slow business.
No sign on the door, the host said nothing, nor did the waiter until our food was before us.
I will have to say that the employees tried to be discreet, but peering around the corner literally every 15 seconds to see if we were finished with our meal, did nothing to make for a pleasant dining experience.
We were out of there by 8:30, and I felt that I had gulped every bite.
Unless we plan to eat very early (for us) Campo Verde has been scratched from our list

2  Thank coffeelover12

Been to Campo Verde? Share your experiences!