“Close, but not quite”

Cuisines: Pizza
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Close, but not quite”
Reviewed April 1, 2012

We were lured by the promise of a New England style pizza. We travel full time in retirement and have found that the best pizza in the country by far is found in the northeast. Corky's is pretty good in comparison to what you usually find in Texas, but we still knew where we were. Maybe they've been here too long. It didn't help that their employees clearly would rather have been somewhere else as well.

• Visited March 2012

Waxahachie, Texas, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Run away FAST!”
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Wow, I went in because I heard they had Neapolitan crust. Before I ordered I asked if the dough was sourdough, which is the basis of Neapolitan crust. The waitress didn't know so the owner (Nick) came out and started arguing with me and totally denegrating me personally. The poor guy didn't even know the basic ingredients for Neapolitan crust and he advertises it as the crown jewel of his establishment. So to finish, I didn't feel like dabbling with ignorance anymore so I told him of course he was correct and got my pizza. It was basically grease, cheese and burnt crust with a bit of meat dabbled on it. Funny enough, the next day at work a friend of mine told me that this guy is going through mental issues and most of his regular clients have stopped going there because of the drop in quality and his behavior. Sad... Steer clear of this place!

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank Bob V
Winter Park, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Pizza”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

We had read reviews of Corkys so decided to stop in for lunch when we were recently in Arlington - we were not disappointed! My husband, father-and-law and I all agreed the 2 different pizzas we ordered were just about the best we had ever eaten - anywhere! We shared a margherita with spinach pizza and also one with almost everything on it - sausage, peppers etc. and both were amazing. The sauce is delicious. We spent some time chatting with the owners and they are hard working and very dedicated. We will definitely visit the next time we are in Arlington.

• Visited February 2012
Arlington, Texas
“Wonderful Wood Fired Brick Oven Pizza”
Reviewed November 15, 2011

This is the only pizza my family and friends eat. We'd rather drive there and bring it home in stead of ordering from a delivery place. It's nice casual dining as well. This is honestly the best pizza in Arlington. They have many more items on the menu and I'm sure they are great but I can't help myself from getting their pizza every time I go!!!

• Visited November 2011
Oklahoma
“Best Pizza In Arlington”
Reviewed November 1, 2011

As I have stated Corky's pizza is simply the best in Arlington. I visit Arlington once a month and I have tried all of the recommended pizza parlors in Arlington searching for the best. I found the best by far at Corky's. The brick oven pizza is simply the best. They also have other items on the menuu which will make you agree with me saying Corky's is the BEST.

• Visited November 2011