“Easily the best Mexican food I have had in a Long Time!”
Review of Mariano's Hacienda

Mariano's Hacienda
Ranked #6 of 800 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Midland, Texas
“Easily the best Mexican food I have had in a Long Time!”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We were told by the Manager/Assistant Manager at the La Quinta to give this place a try. We decided to follow his advice and we were so glad we did. The food was outstanding! It's a casual dining environment with friendly wait staff. If you go, you need to try their queso dip! I would recommend to anyone that they need to eat here at least once, we ate here twice!

My son said they have the best beef fajitas!

• Visited August 2012

Sherwood, Arkansas
“"The Cinco de Mayo place to be"”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

If you are ever in Arlington, TX during Cinco de Mayo, you owe it to yourself to visit this restaurant. The owner of this and a group of other Mexican Cuisine (or Tex-Mex if you insist) restaurants is credited with inventing the first frozen Margarita machine (yeah)!.

The original frozen margarita machine was inducted into the Smithsonian's National Museum of American History in 2005.

This restaurant celebrates Cinco de Mayo the entire month of May with different specials throughout the month.

I visited with my daughter on Cinco de Mayo proper and the place was packed but the wait was still only about 20 minutes. While we waited, we were served mini-frozen margaritas. Delicious!

My daughter had the Chicken Enchiladas and I had the "Gringo-styled" Enchiladas. The Gringo-styled Enchiladas came with grilled vegetables (I guess this is to fool you into thinking you are eating healthy).

We were started out with warm tortilla chips and green and red salsa. I am not a fan of green salsa but this was served warm and it appealed to my "buds".

I felt that the service time from ordering to deliver of the food was good considering there were so many people in the restaurant.

Both of our meals were served piping hot with a side of guacamole in a mini-tortilla bowl. The guacamole was the chunky variety and you could actually taste the other ingredients.

My enchiladas were the seasoned fajita beef variety wrapped in soft, flour tortillas and covered with chili sauce. These were the best enchiladas that I had eaten in such a long time. The vegetables were grilled to perfection, not too soft and not too crispy, almost like they were grilled on an outdoor, wood-fired grill.

The servings were huge but I appreciated this. It was early in the evening so I had my late night snack already.

Now, for the margaritas. We had been served the mini-frozen margaritas but I was concerned that the margaritas on the rocks would not be just as good. Not to disappoint. They were excellent and at a great price.

There was a variety of seating options from booths, table and chairs and two seat arrangements. There was also a large full service bar. And for the sports fans, plenty of flat screen TV.

I was very impressed with the restroom upkeep at this restaurant. It was very clean even though the restaurant was extremely busy.

Warning: This restaurant apparently does much more business than a restaurant right across the street. Do not park in their lot. The proprietor will have your car towed, no questions asked. The parking at Mariano's is probably adequate for a normal night but it was a little crowed on the day we visited. There is plenty of street parking if the lot is full.

I rarely visit a restaurant twice when I am in a city but this was so good, that I returned two days later and the food was just as good.

• Visited May 2012
Arlington, Texas
“Great flavorful fajitas!”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Beef fajitas were plentiful and packed with flavor. I was impressed. Margaritas were good 3.5/5. Service was probably the worst part although not so bad that I wouldn't go back. Server was just very inattentive.

Visited July 2012
Mansfield
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Mexican Food”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Table side guacamole-good service with a nice environment. Mariano's invented the frozen margarita machine.

Visited July 2012
Abilene, Texas
“Great Mexican food hidden away in Arlington!”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

I have always loved this place. Great food and great prices. It's set's on HWY 360 across from LaQuinta kind of off the road but it's a great place to relax and enjoy good food!

Visited February 2012