“Good prices, so-so food”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Mercado Juarez Restaurant - CLOSED

Mercado Juarez Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican, American, Spanish
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Round Rock, Texas
“Good prices, so-so food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2009

Mercado Juarez offers pretty typical tex-mex cuisine, in Arlington not too far from Six Flags or The Ballpark.

Meals start with individual salsa bowls (the salsa is tasty - not too spicy but has a good enough kick) & hot tortilla chips. Service is prompt and friendly. They have tons of entree options covering all the tex-mex standards. The sauce on the beef enchiladas are pretty good - enchiladas are really cheesy (which might be good or bad, depending on your taste). Other items such as rellenos are OK, but honestly fairly average among tex-mex restaurants in the DFW area.

Overall, the food is decent but not very special. Prices are excellent, however -- which would be about the only reason I'd find to eat here again (instead of going to one of the many other tex-mex restaurants nearby).

Fort Worth, TX
“Fabulous Tortillas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2009

We tried Mercado Juarez based on Trip Advisor reviews. I was looking forward to trying the tortilla chips some had raved about. When they came, I was disappointed. Pretty average, a little thinner than some, but nothing special. And the hot sauce has a nice flavor but was runny with few chunks. My husband enjoyed the habanero queso (too hot for me!), while my son and I split the regular queso. Again, just average. But then I tried (cue music and lights) the tortillas. Homemade tortillas, served hot and still steaming. Oh, so light and delicious! After trying one, I regretted ordering crispy tacos instead of soft. Luckily for me, the waiter got my order wrong and brought me soft. Yum! My only "complaint" is that they are so tender they easily tear. I solved that by "double wrapping" the tacos with some of the extra tortillas. Since I ordered a la carte, I didn't try the rice and beans, but my husband ordered the chicken chimichanga and said it all was delicious. The lettuce was fresh, the quality of the meat was good, and the seasoning was tasty if, once again, not exceptional. I dipped my soft tacos in some leftover queso and it was a very tasty combination. While most of Mercado Juarez's food is nothing to write home about, the delicious tortillas and the quality of their meat and vegetables are enough to ensure that we will return again.

As for atmosphere, the decorations are more muted and tasteful than what you will find in many Mexican restaurants, with soothing earth-toned textured walls, many painted with murals of flowers or dancing women. While not upscale, it is a step or two above the average Mexican restaurant. It has an outdoor patio, which looked decent when I glanced outside. No view to speak of, but if I recall correctly there's a privacy wall and it's decorated nicely. Since the restaurant is right off the access road, my guess is that it might be a little noisy.

Arlington
“Best beef fajitas under $20”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2009

This place is awesome! It has been there forever, but the Arlington Highlands shopping area around it has just recently popped up! Mercado Juarez is a great place to eat, and then you can walk off your fajitas while shopping!

Dallas, Texas
“Great Mexican Dishes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2009

This review is for the Mercado Juarez located at Matlock and I-20. We live near the restaurant and it is one of our favorites. Complimentary chips and warm salsa will greet you upon seating. Ask for tortillas to accomodate the chips....they are free too. The best tortillas in Arlington. The beef fajitas are excellent as is most everything on the menu. The prices are normal for the fare. If you have never been and are looking for great Mexican food, this is your place! Highly recommended!

Arlington, Texas
“Good Food, Fair Prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2008

We eat here frequently and the place is usually packed at noon. Part of this is due to the reliable menu of lunch specials. But since the restaurant runs frequent “coupon specials” this can also be one of the best values in the area. It attracts large numbers of work groups from the immediate area so your overall experience may vary from visit to visit. But if you have some flexibility regarding timing and noise, you can always have a good meal at a good price. (Excellent complimentary chips and salsa)