“Almost perfect except for a couple things”
Review of The Sanford House

The Sanford House
Ranked #1 of 3 Arlington B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 4, 2010

We stayed in a 2 bedroom villa. Our villa was clean and decorated very nice. The main reason we we were disappointed was the jet in the jacuzzi was spitting out nasty grim and we didn't notice until after we got in the water. This really bothered me that the jacuzzi was not maintained properly and checked when being cleaned. The staff went out of their way to treat us kindly. The bartender even brought us free drinks to the pool; very above and beyond. It is located in a bad neighborhood but their is a wooden gate around where you park and it seems secure. They do not offer enough choices for breakfast. It is eggs or egg tacos which really didn't go well with our son who hates eggs. We also had a horrible iron in our room which did nothing but soak my clothes and leak water. Overall the grounds are beautiful and peaceful. We loved walking through the grounds and hanging out at the pool. It is a great place to relax. I did tell them about the jacuzzi when I checked out so they could get it fixed. It is a nice place to stay if you are in the area; however our children only liked the pool.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed September 4, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Regency cottage and everything about it was just wonderful. The room and bathroom were beautiful, spacious, the perfect for a romantic getaway.
I saw some negative reviews for the breakfast, but it must have changed, because it was great. Delicious fruit, coffee cake, eggs, bacon, breakfast potatoes and biscuit, (there are more options) just thinking about it makes me quite hungry. My husband is not a breakfast person but he got the breakfast tacos and loved them. The cookies and juice in the room were also beyond delicious.
The only thing that wasn't great was all the road construction going on around the place, but it didn't cause too much of a hassle. I would seriously recommend staying here to anyone!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2010

The room, the staff, the setting, the breakfast were all absolutely wonderful in every way. This was my first visit to Arlington and I would definitely plan to stay here if I visit this lovely City again.

• Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed August 27, 2010

The sandford house has beautiful decor and very nice garden. Breakfast was ok. Only two chioces and both are eggs. Day receptionist was a bit snooty but night receptionist was great. That is overlooked due to the service. There was a houskeeper... I wish I got her name... that went beyond the call of duty. My husband and I were enjoying sitting by the pool and she brought us water in an icebucket. We didn't ask for it but she brought it and said she would like water if she was in our shoes. Thank you so much to the tall blonde housekeeper for all of your efforts. We will definatly return because we were treated like family instead of guest.

• Stayed: August 2010
Reviewed August 16, 2010

Pros-Amazing service by the staff at the restaurant,front office and house keeping.

Cons-Located in a very run down neighborhood,,didn't feel safe to step out at night.
Approaching it as a hotel would have helped not a nice B&B for sure.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2010

The two negative aspects of this stay were that the Sanford House is located in a questionable neighborhood and the drive way gate was broken. Whenever we wanted to leave or park our car by the Villa, we had to call the front desk so someone could come out and manually open the gate. My fiance even had to open the gate once by himself! Dinner was pretty good, but not spectacular.
But, other than that, I will say that the room more than made up for it. We stayed in one of the Villas and it was wonderful! Beautifully decorated with an oversized spa tub in the master bath, complimentary refreshments and flat screen TVs! I never knew this gem was located in Arlington and I would definitely go back! I can see why people have weddings here- the garden area was beautiful as well. I highly recommend this place for a weekend get away.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Niks10
Reviewed June 28, 2010

My wife and I stayed overnight in the Verona Cottage. The furnishings, bedding, drapes, and woodwork were lovely; what you would expect to find in a 4 or 5 star Inn, B&B or hotel. However we feel more attention should be paid to the details that often stick in the minds of guests and may determine if they will return for a second or third visit. We found a straight pin and a staple stuck in the bedroom carpet, and a discarded laundry receipt alongside the dresser. The ironing board attached to the inside of a closet door was a unique location except for the fact the cord on the iron was not long enough to reach an outlet, so we required an extention cord. The bottom of the iron was scorched black and unuseable. It was replaced with another iron that spit out black flecks along with the steam that soiled my wife's blouse. The television required 15 to 20 minutes of tinkering by the maintenance man before it would work. We also noticed the grill for the A/C return duct in the Seasons Cafe was caked with dirt. These are the kind of details we thought were lacking and ultimately took away from the beautiful furnishings. On the brighter side, we found the staff delightful and helpful.

Charles and Cheryl Terry