“romantic getaway”
Review of The Sanford House

The Sanford House
Ranked #1 of 3 Arlington B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 12, 2010

My husband had just got back from military deployment. He planned this for us. we really had a great time and really enjoyed it. The staff is the sweetest kindess people. Breakfast was deliicious and our waiter Frank was the best. we will surely be back when we need time away from everyday.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 22, 2010

We stayed at the Sanford House this past weekend, and had a great time. I recommend staying in a Cottage Suite for the privacy and space. We are loyal to the B & B's listed in the Innkeeper's Registry and actually will not stay in any other B & B's not listed in that guide. For an "in- town" property they make the most of their grounds and utilize space very well with plenty of places to sit outside, and have a nice pool. They meet the standard set by the Innkeeper's Register and we were very happy with the friendliness of the staff, cleanliness of the room, kudos to Ken the bartender, Cassie and Frank for their great service and friendliness. The dinner we had in the restaurant would be in the "above average" category but Cassie our server was alot of fun and gave us great service , the breakfasts were excellent( thank you breakfast chefs, we didn't get your names) , the restaurant is romantic with a nice fireplace and a small bar off to the side. Our weekend started Friday with temps around 70, so we were able to sit out in the courtyard, sip wine, and got to watch the courtyard wedding that was going on. The temp plummeted to 30 on Sat and it snowed an inch , which made the fireplace and jetted tub in the cottage a real nice amenity. Very friendly staff , nice in-town property( keeping in mind that the city noise can get pretty noticeable at times when you are sitting outdoors, if you are looking for the silence of the country you need to go to the country) the cottage suites were very quiet however , secure property , easy to get to without a huge investiment in travel time. Right down the street from many restaurants, shopping and Cowboys stadium. My wife and I enjoyed this as quick getaway and would return again.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2010

Sanford House Bed & Breakfast is an enjoyable place for any occasion. Be sure to take advantage of the spa facilities!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2010

Three of my daughter's and I spent my 74th birthday here. We had a 2-bedroom, 2-bath villa which was beautifully furnished. It also had a small refrigerator and a microwave. At breakfast, the waiter and chef at the Season's Restaurant made us feel most welcome, and joined in our fun, as did some of the other guests. In fact, everyone at the Sanford House was gracious and welcoming. All in all, we had a most wonderful time and I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone. It would be an absolutely fairy-tale site for a wedding or anniversary celebration.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 16, 2010

On the surface, it was beautiful. I thought the room was a little too big (when's that ever a problem? ;) . And on the surface, it's beautiful. When it got to the details, I was very disappointed. There was a great fold down ironing board in my kitchenette, but no outlet within reach for my iron. When I called for an extension cord, I waited, oh, four days for it (and it still never came). There was lovely lemonade placed in my room upon check in but gone the next morning, though there was a refrigerator a mere two feet away. A couple times, I went to or called the front desk at night and there wasn't anyone to be seen or heard from. I don't expect housekeeping to come in with a microscope, but if this place wanted to be perfect (and it seems they want it with all the "please review us" fliers), I would expect them to think about the details.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 10, 2010

Found the Sanford House on my company's employee deals. We were a little reluctant as living in the DFW area, we knew that the area may not be the best. Very glad and pleasantly surprised as the location was very quiet.

This was a brthday / Valentines night away. We stayed in the Bristol Cottage Suite. Very roomy and romantic. Updated everything.

Check-in was quick as well as the check-out process. Service was great. Breakfast was good.

Loved it and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2009

The Inn offers not only serene and spacious, beautifully appointed rooms but the staff is professional, gracious and warm. You feel as though you are among family. They are always available to you and seem to anticipate your needs. I would say One of the finest establishments we have ever stayed in.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business