“Excellent”
Review of The Sanford House

The Sanford House
Ranked #1 of 3 Arlington B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 12, 2014

We booked a night for our honeymoon ;) my husband and I decided to get married after 10 years and two kids. So I wanted to find a romantic place that was close to home. My husband was really impressed. Everyone we encountered was really nice and professional, we might just make it a regular thing to celebrate our anniversary.

1  Thank Berenice V

Reviewed May 12, 2014

We only were looking to have a nice dinner, but in the search came upon this lovely place. I wanted to surprise my husband for our 5th anniversary and we both were in for a treat actually. We arrived on a Friday evening, luckily they had a room on a few days notice, booked a package and got such a wonderful deal and great experience. We loved the ambiance of the restaurant, excellent food and service, the Mozart room, relaxing atmosphere, hospitality, and much more. The property is beautiful. We enjoyed every moment of our spa day together. We will never forget our well spent time together and cannot wait to go back!

2  Thank Bobbie Sue T
Reviewed May 12, 2014

For special occasions, my husband and I consider the Sanford House first. It is in the heart of the metroplex in a charming old neighborhood, which is fun for a walk. However, the Sanford House is a completely sufficient retreat. The dinners are sumptuous and intimate. The rooms are elegantly appointed and comfy, and so private and quiet, we are never aware of any other guests. The breakfast comes with the most delicious thick home made bread.
The inn is perfect for couples or girlfriend retreats and especially weddings. Karen and Ralph

Reviewed April 20, 2014

We ended up at this beautiful boutique hotel late at night after being turned away at all the usual franchises near the athletic stadiums and 6 Flags. Near downtown Arlington, and convenient to FtWorth, there was ample room to park our small rental truck and we had our choice of attractive rooms. We choose the Beethoven Room in the main house with it's gas fireplace, four poster bed and period furniture. The king bed was especially comfortable with quality linens, thick bed pad and an assortment of pillows. Breakfast was delicious and elegantly served in one of two dining rooms, open to the public Thursday through Sat (?) for lunch and dinner. Besides the suites in the main house, the Sanford has semi detached suites with more space and privacy and more luxurious spa bathrooms.........these are arranged around a spectacular patio garden which is a popular place for weddings and events. We felt fortunate to have found this place, 5 minutes away, instead of staying in the cluster of chain places that cater to to 6 Flags and the athletic arenas.

Room Tip: The same owners run a full service day spa across the street where I had an excellent massage and pe...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I booked 9 rooms at the Sanford House for a Company meeting. I wanted a place our team could enjoy and still be close to our offices. The location was perfect. Our team loved the House, breakfast every morning and of course all the great rooms. We had a planned event after dinner back at the house and the staff did a great job of preparing the event.

We have booked people in the house two different times and bith were great experiences. I am looking forward to spending a weekend at the house with my wife. This is a wonderful place & the staff is first class!!!

Room Tip: All are wonderful. Tell the staff what you are look for and they will help find you the best fit!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 18, 2014

My husband and I spent a romantic weekend at The Sanford House for Valentine's day. I can't believe we hadn't come here before-AMAZING! We stayed in the Regency cottage-which was comfy and beautiful (not girl and not too masculine) tucked in the corner, which had a beautiful fountain out front as well! We spent our evening dining at Restaurant 506-which served the MOST DELICIOUS, AMAZING, WONDERFUL lamb I have ever eaten. We were impressed to see Chef Mario in the dining area helping pick up plates and talk to the guests. You don't see that too much nowadays...
We also had a couples massage at the beautiful Spa which was very relaxing and enjoyable.
We definitely will be back. It was a great escape, the staff was wonderful, and the grounds are simply beautiful. I could see why people choose to have weddings here.

Room Tip: I would recommend the Regency cottage.(rm 512b) It is on the end of the row of cottages, and you hav...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I recently officiated an outdoor wedding at The Sanford House in Arlington, TX, and found it to be a lovely venue. Amazingly, it was about 70 degrees in early January, and the ceremony was able to take place on a smaller patio area, next to the reception room. The staff, especially the wedding coordinator, were all kind and attentive to the Bride and Groom and all their guests. I found it to be, overall, a well run event, and the wedding party all seemed delighted - SCORE! Very atmospheric setting, lots of trees (even though they were mostly bare for the winter) and shrubbery.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business