“Awesome!”
Review of The Sanford House

The Sanford House
Ranked #1 of 3 Arlington B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Enjoyed a lovely "girls' night" in the villas. Every employee was wonderful. We highly recommend this jewel!! We loved the decor in the rooms and in the main building. The villas were very clean and situated to be very private. We had a secure parking area right by the building.

Room Tip: Villas do not have a DVD player.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for The Sanford House

Reviewed February 22, 2013

This place is Adorable!!! Great Customer Service. Great Food. Great Atmosphere. We have used The Sanford House for several small events and have been delighted with every experience; we will definitely be back! Everyone was so friendly and welcoming, and the food is always delicious!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I didn't know what to get my husband for Christmas, so I planned a staycation at this fantastic bed and breakfast! From the start they were friendly on the phone and asked what they could do for me! Of course, they offered a bottle of champagne and chocolate, so I decided to splurge! We had the Beethoven suite in the house, it has a fire place, which we got to use! So perfect and comfy. Great breakfast the next morning as well. Would highly recommend for an in town getaway~

Room Tip: If you want a fireplace, choose the Beethoven suite.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Had an awesome weekend here. In town for a getaway and Dallas Stars game. Spent two nights in one of the cottages (Bristol). Dinner and breakfast was excellent. Staff was friendly. Was everything we could have hoped for. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 8, 2013

The Sanford House was wonderful-we stayed in the Villa Monaco which was beautiful and very spacious! They had cookies waiting for us in the room when we arrived. We were there for a Dallas Cowboys game and the shuttle is so convenient to/from the stadium. Breakfast was excellent, as was dinner. Great place to stay in Arlington!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We had a wonderful weekend at the Sanford House. Stayed in a two bedroom suite which felt just like home. Breakfast each morning was excellent and they have a superb dinner menu. The staff is friendly and made us feel special. This is by far the best place to stay if coming in for a game at Cowboy stadium. They have shuttle service to and from the stadium for a nominal fee. Will definitely go back!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I saw the pictures online and I got so excited. First thing, I called them 4 times before I come to make sure that they are pet friendly. They said yes. I asked many times if my dog would be allowed in the room that I chose, they said yes. I made it there around 6 p.m. They told me i have to chose an other room because the dog is not allowed in this building, I got so frustrated I checked many times before I come and I came for that specific room. They said because it is close to the kitchen so the only way is to use the back door to the room and I agreed. I would respect that if they told me from the beginning. The second thing, they asked me to tell them what I want for breakfast to prepare it. I called and let them know and asked them that I want the breakfast in my room. When I checked out, they charged me $70. $35 per day for the breakfast because they delivered to the room. Hello!!! You said nothing when I ordered.
The third thing, I really was so disappointed with what happened. I felt they want to suck money in any possible way. I already gave them $ 100 refundable deposit for the pet in cash. They said, we will give it back to you when you are checking out. When I checked out, they refused to give it back to me in cash. They said will put it back in your card. They just send me an email that they will take the deposit because they need to clean the room from my dog hair and make sure that the room has no hair would affect anyone who has allergy. If you really worried about people's allergies, do not allow pet in the first place or at least let me know that the deposit is non refundable or check the room in front of me not claiming fake reasons to take the deposit. The place is nice and I like it but they are not professional at all. I defiantly do not recommend this place to anyone. Oh I forget to tell you that there is no sound insolation at all. We can hear everything downstairs in the front desk.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Hind A
joanbergstrom, Owner at The Sanford House, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

We strive to live up to all of our guests' expectations to have the best travel experience at The Sanford House. Regretfully it sounds as though we did not manage to meet yours. Your feedback is very important to us and we realize now that we need to question our pet parents more about the size of their pet. We will be reviewing our pet policy to see how we can better accomodate our guests and their beloved travel companions while assuring the comfort of all guests at The Sanford House.