“Nobody answers their phones”
Review of Motel 6 Arlington

Motel 6 Arlington
Ranked #45 of 63 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I'm a travel agent and I was trying to get my clients an inexpensive hotel close to Cowboys Stadium. I found this Best Western in my system and my clients had questions that only the hotel could answer. I called the hotel twice to no avail. NOBODY ANSWERED THE PHONE!!!!! That pretty much tells me all I need to know about this hotel. Rest assured they will not be getting any further business from my agency!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank TommyNoleBuc

Reviewed July 9, 2012

My friends and I recently stayed here, we were in the area for the Women's State Bowling Tournament. While the room were clean, the breakfast was just okay. The staff were friendly, we also did see one person working on their car in the parking lot. It was pretty quiet there, despite it being near the interstate.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 27, 2012

I travel to Arlington once a year for volunteer work. I booked this place from Hotwire for 3 people/3nights. Upon check-in I was told I had 1 Queen bed/smoking room. I said I had booked 3 people and we weren't sleeping in the same bed. He said that's what you get when you book with Hotwire. You don't get to ask for bed size etc. He finally said he thought he had a room that was ready. It did have 2 beds but no bathroom door. As we had to leave to go to our assignment I didn't say anything. The next morning I asked the front desk it they could get us a door for our bathroom. She said she would look into it and see if somthing could be done. Upon returning that night we still had to bathroom door and the floor surrounding our sink/vanity area was sopping wet. OK, it's late we'll work around it. That night our neighbors in the adjoining room decided it would be a good place to have a party. After listening to this for several hours outside our room I called the front desk. He did go out and have a conversation with them about the noise but it only lasted about 3 minutes and then the party was back on louder than ever. After another hour of this I again called the front desk but now they won't answer the phone. The party went on until around 3 a.m. and no sleep that night. The next morning I asked the desk clerk if there wasn't something that could be done about our situation. She was very accomodating and found us a new room with a bathroom door, dry floors and no partiers. I will never stay at this hotel again. I have never been so disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank marycg
Reviewed April 23, 2012

It does seem a bit run down although I think they might have done some work on it recently. We stayed three days and the room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was good, had a decent selection of hot items and really good coffee (I didn't bother to use the in room coffee maker). Despite the fact that the place filled up over the weekend I never really noticed a noise problem. Yes, the television was still the old style (not flat screen) but to tell you the truth if mine hadn't broken I'd still be using it and I didn't come to town to watch tv anyway. It's in a great area and access to the highway was easy. I'd stay again.

Room Tip: the backside of the building might be quieter
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group
1  Thank chalcat
Reviewed April 5, 2012

It is a motel and their are no suites to speak of. People were taking apart their car and installing speakers in the parking lot. Owner/manager (not sure) was horribly rude. Go across the street and stay at Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Amber02
Reviewed March 13, 2012

never stayed at this Best Western at Arlington Tx, beautiful area next to shopping mall, many restaurants to choose from, but I think Hot bereakfast could have been better, not much of variety, but still alright, room was great, mattress was a bit too soft. Had microwave, fridge, surronding neighborhoods great, very clean area, would stay again,but probably would eat breakfast elsewhere.

Room Tip: back side was away from traffic
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank rol51
Reviewed December 10, 2011

I have to start by saying I used Priceline for this stay. Of the 6 or so hotels in the area, this was the least desirable. It was clean, free breakfast, free internet in your room. The exercise consisted of 3 areobic machines. The TV's in the room were of the 1970 era with bad reception. No glasses in the room just paer cups. If your only staying one night, as I was it wasn't the worst I have ever stayed in but within 2 blocks there were several other options that are better. The bed was very uncomfortable to sleep on. I wouldn't stay here again or let Priceline pick a room for me in this area.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo