“Nice property...Mediocre breakfast” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 61 Hotels in Arlington
Atlanta, Georgia
“Nice property...Mediocre breakfast”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

Check in was complicated because of large group of high school baseball teams staying at this hotel. First room that was assigned to me was right in the middle of these groups. I was on a business trip so I was very concerned about noise etc. Front desk changed rooms but warned me that the teams were scattered throughout the hotel.
Room I received was a standard king room which means small with nowhere to sit other than the bed or desk chair. I really do not like these rooms because of this set up. Bathroom was decent size with a shower and no tub but for me this is never a problem. Room did have a small microwave and a refrigerator. Everything was fine other than the baseball players banging on my door at 12:30am thinking I was their buddy's room.
The breakfast at Hamptons is usually very diverse with a combo of different food items.This Hampton served the worst hot selection I have encountered in many years. The hot item was some kind of sausage encased in a roll of some sort, The other hot items were potato squares and very greasy Bacon that was inedible. With no real protein choice I had a cup of coffee and went to another restaurant for a normal breakfast.
The hotel is OK but until they fix the breakfast selections I probably recommend a different hotel in this area.

Room Tip: Watch out for the second floor, a group of the rooms that face the breakfast and lobby are open to t...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tiffany R, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas-Arlington-South, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Greetings Hampton Traveler!

Thank you for your recent stay with us here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas/Arlington-South! I appreciate all of your detailed feedback in regards to your stay so my team and I can work together to improve your next experience here with us. We hope to see you on your future visits to Arlington!

Thanks,

1100 E I-20
817-419-3700 Tel
Tiffany.Raines@Hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Hixson, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

This was our first stay in this Hampton, and it is now our Hampton of choice when staying in Fort Worth. The room (King Studio) was very roomy. The studio side had a very comfortable settee for watching TV and relaxing. The desk in the center of the room was very large and easily accommodated the extra things we had sitting out during our stay. The bed was very comfortable.

Bathroom, little kitchenette area - all good. The bathroom was very clean. There was a nightlight in the wall next to the light switch for the bathroom area. This was probably a good idea since the light switch was not near the bathroom door, but over near the toilet. The kitchenette had a small stainless steel sink, icebox, microwave and a drawer for storing stuff. There were paper towels under the sink (in the cabinet)

The reason I gave the sleep quality 4 stars instead of five is really a matter of personal preference. The pillows are very VERY soft. It took two to equal the firmness of my one at home. Again, this is just a personal preference, not a problem with Hampton.

The breakfast that was provided had a very nice selection of foods to choose from - cereal, oatmeal, fresh fruit, yogurt, waffles, eggs, sausage, etc. It was really good!

We also enjoyed the outside pool several times during our stay. The pool area was very clean and well maintained. The pool ranges from shallow to around 5 feet deep. There were several lounge chairs available, as well as a few under an arbor for some shade. It was really nice.

We had a room on the top floor (fourth floor, #402), away from the pool. Since we were facing the front of the hotel, we had an excellent view of Arlington's 4th of July fireworks.

All in all - I would say our stay here was excellent, and we will definitely be back.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room that is on the opposite end of the hotel from the pool. We did have a room o...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was pretty much your slightly under the usual standard of Hampton. Mostly, it is an older complex, and if I had to guess, there have been plenty of soggy kids running through the hotel. It had a slightly musty odor in the public areas. But the folks are friendly, everything was ready as promised and the room was clean. Bedding as always is, fresh and comfortable. The furniture itself is ready to be refinished/replaced, and the room was a little on the small side. With the pricing of hotels in this attraction-heavy area, I still have to say it was a good bargain. Do not expect anything from the pool area. It was small, surrounded by parking lots and the freeway, with zero greenery or shade.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Tiffany R, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas-Arlington-South, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Greetings Hampton Traveler!

Thank you for your recent stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas/Arlington-South!! Thank you for providing feedback on your experience here with us so we can improve our property!

Ropesville, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I'd heard not to stay in South Arlington, stay NORTH. However, they had a $109 weekend rate, and it was a last minute trip to see the Rangers. What a pleasant surprise! It's a brand new hotel with cool shopping and restaurants just east of the hotel on I-20. Our room was HUGE, bed comfy, and immaculately clean!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators - the rooms at the end of the hall are REALLY big!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Greetings Hampton Traveler!

Thank you for your recent stay with us here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas/Arlington-South!! We appreciate your feedback on our property and glad you decided to give us a try. We strive to meet and exceed each and every guests expectations and glad we were able to make your trip to Arlington more enjoyable! We look forward to having you back on your future visits to Arlington!

Round Rock, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

I just want to give a shout out to those wonderful ladies that clean the 4th floor. Beside doing a great job to make sure I have a very clean room each and every time I stay; those ladies also take care of me after I leave! Recently I left my "special" (very expensive) pillow in the room when I checked out. I didn't even miss it until I got ready to go to bed many hours later at home. I called the hotel the next morning (Tuesday) and it was on my doorstep Wednesday morning! What service. I have stayed at this hotel more than 10 times this last year (several days at a time) and just consider it my second home. Thanks for all you do to make my stay feel like home!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Greetings Hampton Traveler!

Thank you for your recent stay with us here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas/Arlington-South! Thank you for providing feedback about your experience here with us! Our goal is to meet and exceed each guests expectations, and I am more than happy that our housekeeping staff was able to exceed your expectations! We look forward to having you back on your future visits to Arlington!

Bruceville, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

I am a loyal Hilton family user so perhaps my expectations are driven by how I am treated at other Hilton properties cuz this one was pathetic. And worst of all, this was a business trip with an important meeting the following morning - NONE OF THE CLOCKS IN THE ROOM HAD BEEN CHANGED TO DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME!!! Needless to say, I was late for my meeting as I did not realize the problem until I checked my phone as I was leaving an found I was an hour behind. C'mon - we went on DST three months ago!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Greetings Hampton Traveler!

Thank you for your recent stay with us here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas/Arlington-South! I apologize for any inconvenience, and appreciate you providing us feedback so we can correct and improve our property.

Fort Worth, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

The room was fantastic!!! I could not have asked for any else with this room. The room very spacious with a nice living area and king size bed. The location was excellent, close to food and entertainment in the area. The staff was very helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Greetings Hampton Traveler!

Thank you for your recent stay with us here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas/Arlington-South! We are glad we could accommodate you during your visit to Arlington and exceed your expectations. Thank you for sharing your comments with us as we rely heavily on guest feedback to improve our staff and property.