“Just like old times”

Candlelite Inn
Ranked #61 of 863 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Italian, Mexican, Steakhouse
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I have been going to Candlelite since I met my wife almost 20 years ago. She and her family have been going there since the dawn of time! At first I had mixed feelings about the flavors of their dishes, but now I have learned to love them and I consider them unique to Candlelite Inn. Last week we had lunch there for the first time since they reopened and everything tasted the same.
I like the new facelift of the restaurant. The restrooms OMG the restrooms were so bad before, now they are great. New lights, new mural, new bar, new flooring, new booths...everything is kind of the same but new. We enjoyed our visit. I had the Tacos al Carbon and it was perfect. Just like I remember. I recommend anyone visiting Arlington to stop here first!

1  Thank 669MikeH669

Reviewed May 30, 2014

I guess my Memories of this place will remain just that, Memories ~

Guess you can't go back in time, Nor, Will I go back here....

This could be such a Wonderful Place tucked away in Arlington, but it's not.. Sad to say,
I had such joy Candlelite Inn in was "ReOpening" ~ There are just too many other choices for better food in this location, Considering the location this place should be rocking... The parking lot was full at 5pm on a Thursday, We walked in & given a seat (In a Booth) immediately ~ Our waiter was nice but ....

I got the Spaghetti & The Overpriced "Italian" Salad ~ $2.25 for a very very small bowl ~ Ranch on the side in a sticky plastic bottle. The order came out wrong, but was replaced quickly~ Spaghetti was average ~ According to the better half, "Your Spaghetti is better!"..

My husband ordered the Chopped Steak (Medium) It came out well done & just appeared to be frozen tough cafeteria food.

4.50 Each for a Draft Beer & House Margarita (This was with the 1.00 Off) Happy Hour Prices

For those of you who frequented this place years & years ago & had such wonderful memories,,, Please be warned ~ Sometimes ya just can't go back ~

On a side note to the owners: Y'all can do better than this ~ maybe focus on Mexican OR Italian OR Steak, but maybe not all three..?

Reviewed May 15, 2014

This place has been around for a long time and just reopened. Used to go here on dates in high school and college. Nice private booths with old fashioned juke box on the table. Checkered tablecloths. Food is average, but funky atmosphere makes it a fun dine out.
Spaghetti was a little limp. I ordered an Italian salad with my meal - for 2.25 I got a really small bowl(like the size a side of veggies would come in) with shredded lettuce and two slices of pepperoni on top. My friend got a salad and hers was just shredded lettuce - no pepperoni - and the same size. That's a bit ridiculous for the price.
Other food is reasonably priced and wait staff is friendly and efficient. They serve chips and salsa before meal. My husband got a steak and said it was pretty good for the price.
We'll go back again just because it's kind of different.

1  Thank J M
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Newly remodeled and reopened, it's better than I remember it. The food is the same and it's a very good value. I'll visit again next time I'm home in DFW for a visit.

1  Thank LarryGentry
Reviewed May 9, 2014

My family and I were in town for a funeral, the funeral home happened to be right across the street from this restaurant so we chose it strictly for convenience. It was fantastic, we went back the next evening for dinner. The wait wasn't too bad, the atmosphere of the place was really cool!

1  Thank Rwithersfl