“Trip for Football game”

Red Roof Inn Arlington
Ranked #36 of 62 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I booked a two night stay for the Cowboys vs Steelers game and first was very happy that they did not raise their rates on this weekend because of the game unlike the other surrounding hotels did. When I got there, they had me booked for a double bed and upstairs but asked for a king and downstairs. They went out of their way to make it happen and gave me a free upgrade to the jacuzzi tub room. The room was great and had a fridge and microwave in the room which is always a big plus for me. Next, they give free shuttle rides back and forth from the game which saved us a ton of money and headache. After the game, we were back at our hotel within 10 minutes where normally after a game it takes hours to get back. Did not try the free breakfast but did look popular. Would definitley stay here again and the do offer shuttle rides to other attractions around the area.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 6, 2012

My husband and I went to see a cowboys game and stayed 3 nights here. Top notch customer service, Check in was fast and our room was wonderful, better than higher priced hotels down the street. The shuttle was great so much better than having to drive around and deal with all the idiot drivers and traffic. Everyone was nice and very helpful. Continental breakfast was wonderful and serve till 10am. I will only stay at knights inn when I come back to Arlington. Thanks

Room Tip: Rooms in back and upstairs are the best
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Four of us went down for golf and to take in a Cowboys game. Booked the motel online based primarily on price and reviews. First impression of motel was not great. Got checked in no problem andd the rooms were nice. Clean and the beds were very comfortable. Then we started to figure why they are popular. They started to shuttle us around. Basically wherever we needed to go, they were fantastic. To and from the golf course. To restaurants. To the game. Whatever we needed.

Also close enough to many attractions and restaurants. Walking distance to a place called Humperdinks. It was a good place for food and drink.

Anyway, highly recommend this motel Sam and staff were great. Thanks!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rock_Debod
Reviewed October 9, 2012

My son and I stayed 3 nights at the Knights. It was all we needed, inexpensive, clean and close to everything. The staff were friendly and knowledgable. The shuttle service was great. The fridge worked so the beer stayed cold. Waffle makers made your waffles in the shape of the state of Texas. Free parking was offered (we had a rental car for a couple of days). Three minute walk to Mariano's, a very, very good Mexican restaurant. The only bad part of the trip had nothing to do with the Knights Inn. For some reason there were a bunch of clowns masquerading as the Dallas Cowboys at Cowboys Stadium last Monday night, and they got THUMPED by the Chicago Bears. I recommend this place, it's fine and great value.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank FanofSidtheKid
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Just spent 7 nights at Knights Inn. The hotel was dated but our room was very clean and the staff was very courteous. The free shuttle to the Rangers and Cowboys games were great to have. The continental breakfast didn't have much selection, but at least they did have one.

Room Tip: We had asked for a refrigerator since we stayed a week. Had a full size one which was great.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I read some of the previous reviews and I have to say, some people you just cant please. First and foremost there are crickets all over Texas, but we were on the ground level and never saw one cricket in our room. I grew up in Texas and moved to Canada 22 years ago. Wanting to take my adult children ``home`` and have them experience some of the pleasure I had in my youth we planned trips to Six Flags, Hurricane Harbor and Rangers game. Although check in time was 3 pm, we arrived at 10 am to let the staff of the hotel know we were spending the day at Six Flags and would most likely not be able to officially check in until late in the evening. One of the two rooms we had booked was available so they let us go ahead and check into that room. They also suggested we park our vehicle and ride their free shuttle over to the park, which saved us money and the shuttle drops you off right at the main gate of Six Flags. We were also able to unload our vehicle and put our travel items in our room. This was huge as it was 108 degress that day.

Upon entering our room, we were impressed with the new decor, paint job, bed covering and most of all cleanliness. No bugs what so ever.

The staff was the biggest bonus. So nice, friendly, accommodating, helpful. I could go on and on about the geniune care that this family runs Knights Inn with. I would highly recommend and I have told many people about this hotel in the short two weeks since we stayed. Nothing sketchy, just good Southern hospitality that people from other states obviously don`t appreciate.

Also free Wi-fi, Internet access computers set up in lobby, great continential breakfast....and all very clean.

I would also like to mention that after a couple of hours in 110 degree temps at Hurricane Harbor on our second day (where the water was luke warm), we decided to head back to our room because it was so hot. I could not cool down so I decided to jump in the pool while the rest of my family took a nap to prepare for the Rangers game. I was afraid the water would be hot as it was a small but sufficient pool. (see picture attached) I was so impressed when I jumped into a small swimming pool found the water nice and cool, and very refreshing. Fantastic.

By the way, we took another free shuttle to the Rangers game that evening and were picked up promptly following the game which again saved us money and frustration. I look forward to return to Texas, and Arlington and especially Knights Inn.

Thank you for your hospitality Knights Inn.

The Marklinger Family
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2012

This hotel is so nice. The staff makes you feel right at home and welcomed. The rooms are very clean and the breakfast in the morning is wonderful! We especially loved a staff member named Kenny. If your lucky enough to get him as your shuttle driver your in good hands. He will tell you interesting facts about the area and make you feel very welcome. He went above and beyond the call of duty when he stayed late to pick us up at an event we attended, battiling all the traffic with so much patience!! The hotel ensures that no one will be left stranded and Kenny makes sure of that! The free area shuttle is a huge bonus for staying at the hotel, they'll take you to area attractions and back again, saving a lot of your money. We will go out of our way to stay at this hotel again!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: We were on the second floor and it was quite nice, the AC units work very well!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family