WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #44 of 62 Hotels in Arlington
Airdrie, Canada
“Great Customer Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

Four of us went down for golf and to take in a Cowboys game. Booked the motel online based primarily on price and reviews. First impression of motel was not great. Got checked in no problem andd the rooms were nice. Clean and the beds were very comfortable. Then we started to figure why they are popular. They started to shuttle us around. Basically wherever we needed to go, they were fantastic. To and from the golf course. To restaurants. To the game. Whatever we needed.

Also close enough to many attractions and restaurants. Walking distance to a place called Humperdinks. It was a good place for food and drink.

Anyway, highly recommend this motel Sam and staff were great. Thanks!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Rock_Debod

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
St. John's, NL, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

My son and I stayed 3 nights at the Knights. It was all we needed, inexpensive, clean and close to everything. The staff were friendly and knowledgable. The shuttle service was great. The fridge worked so the beer stayed cold. Waffle makers made your waffles in the shape of the state of Texas. Free parking was offered (we had a rental car for a couple of days). Three minute walk to Mariano's, a very, very good Mexican restaurant. The only bad part of the trip had nothing to do with the Knights Inn. For some reason there were a bunch of clowns masquerading as the Dallas Cowboys at Cowboys Stadium last Monday night, and they got THUMPED by the Chicago Bears. I recommend this place, it's fine and great value.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank FanofSidtheKid
Borger, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

Just spent 7 nights at Knights Inn. The hotel was dated but our room was very clean and the staff was very courteous. The free shuttle to the Rangers and Cowboys games were great to have. The continental breakfast didn't have much selection, but at least they did have one.

Room Tip: We had asked for a refrigerator since we stayed a week. Had a full size one which was great.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

I read some of the previous reviews and I have to say, some people you just cant please. First and foremost there are crickets all over Texas, but we were on the ground level and never saw one cricket in our room. I grew up in Texas and moved to Canada 22 years ago. Wanting to take my adult children ``home`` and have them experience some of the pleasure I had in my youth we planned trips to Six Flags, Hurricane Harbor and Rangers game. Although check in time was 3 pm, we arrived at 10 am to let the staff of the hotel know we were spending the day at Six Flags and would most likely not be able to officially check in until late in the evening. One of the two rooms we had booked was available so they let us go ahead and check into that room. They also suggested we park our vehicle and ride their free shuttle over to the park, which saved us money and the shuttle drops you off right at the main gate of Six Flags. We were also able to unload our vehicle and put our travel items in our room. This was huge as it was 108 degress that day.

Upon entering our room, we were impressed with the new decor, paint job, bed covering and most of all cleanliness. No bugs what so ever.

The staff was the biggest bonus. So nice, friendly, accommodating, helpful. I could go on and on about the geniune care that this family runs Knights Inn with. I would highly recommend and I have told many people about this hotel in the short two weeks since we stayed. Nothing sketchy, just good Southern hospitality that people from other states obviously don`t appreciate.

Also free Wi-fi, Internet access computers set up in lobby, great continential breakfast....and all very clean.

I would also like to mention that after a couple of hours in 110 degree temps at Hurricane Harbor on our second day (where the water was luke warm), we decided to head back to our room because it was so hot. I could not cool down so I decided to jump in the pool while the rest of my family took a nap to prepare for the Rangers game. I was afraid the water would be hot as it was a small but sufficient pool. (see picture attached) I was so impressed when I jumped into a small swimming pool found the water nice and cool, and very refreshing. Fantastic.

By the way, we took another free shuttle to the Rangers game that evening and were picked up promptly following the game which again saved us money and frustration. I look forward to return to Texas, and Arlington and especially Knights Inn.

Thank you for your hospitality Knights Inn.

The Marklinger Family
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Ogden, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

This hotel is so nice. The staff makes you feel right at home and welcomed. The rooms are very clean and the breakfast in the morning is wonderful! We especially loved a staff member named Kenny. If your lucky enough to get him as your shuttle driver your in good hands. He will tell you interesting facts about the area and make you feel very welcome. He went above and beyond the call of duty when he stayed late to pick us up at an event we attended, battiling all the traffic with so much patience!! The hotel ensures that no one will be left stranded and Kenny makes sure of that! The free area shuttle is a huge bonus for staying at the hotel, they'll take you to area attractions and back again, saving a lot of your money. We will go out of our way to stay at this hotel again!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: We were on the second floor and it was quite nice, the AC units work very well!!
Kansas City, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights to visit Cowboys Stadium and see a Rangers game. First, it's important to note that we paid a mere 158 dollars (including taxes) for 3 nights for a room with a king size bed. The hotel operates a shuttle to and from the neighboring Six Flags parks and the Rangers game. At 17 dollars a day for the parks and 10+ dollars for ballpark parking, this is really an unbeatable value in terms of economics. They offer a little continental breakfast with cereal, Belgian waffles, fruit, and pastries. There is also a small outdoor pool. Parking wasn't plentiful, but it was adequate on a sold out night.

The room was decently appointed and relatively clean. There several surfaces with dust on them, but the beds, bath, and toilet were clean. The a/c worked wonderfully, especially in the 104 degree heat. The deal breaker was the issue with the crickets. Upon check-in, we were greeted by 3 of the biggest crickets I have even seen (I suppose everything really is bigger in Texas!). in addition to the three on the walls, within 10 minutes we found 5 of their perished comrades on the carpet. We informed the front desk and were immediately moved. The new room appeared cricket-free, but they soon found their way in. It was obvious they were coming in through the door that was very poorly sealed. In an attempt to alleviate the issue, we stuffed brochures into the many gaps every time we were in the room. This helped a bit, but a few were still able to sneak in. The entire staff was incredibly courteous and helpful throughout our stay. However, upon checkout, I was informed there was nothing they could do about the cricket issue. Crickets may indeed be rampant in the area, but proper weather stripping would do wonders to solve the problem of the unwanted roommates.

My husband found no issue with having to remove a few crickets every evening, but it simply wasn't my cup of tea. However, if you can handle a few crickets and are looking to save a substantial amount of money for lodging and parking in the area, then I would definitely consider the Knights Inn as an option.

Note: Humperdinks, a restaurant and brewery just down the road, is a great place to watch a game and and enjoy a truly delectable craft beer selection. They also offer a shuttle to select Rangers games.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bellamia123
Rogers, Arkansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

PLEASE ALSO READ morjem911 reviews..they are very correct/true.
I reserved two rooms thru hotels.com. It was inexpensive and a good location. It was myself, hubby, son and his girlfriend. At the time they said they did not have ajoinging rooms. I have to agree with the comment by morjem911 "We Left..". We pulled in around 1:30 in the morning and it was a little busy, hubby got out to get keys, etc. As he was inside, I was looking around the parking lot..looked "ok"..almost sketchy but I thought I was being too picky. Hubby comes out to the car, gets in and we drive up to our building. We are on the 2nd floor away from the pool, it was really late and from what I was told from hubby, the people that checked in before him, paid the front desk in cash to let them swim...about 10 of them, at 1:30 AM. I thought, well we are on the other side, it wont be noisy. We head up to our rooms next to each other, I open the door and almost feel like I was going to fall thru the floor, it was like a sponge in certain spots of the room. I just kept trying to have a positive attitude. I pulled sheets back, looked at the mattress, under/over and everything, checked out the bathroom..dirty. Dead crickets and the tub was really really old. Still thinking..okay i can deal. I turn on the over head light somewhat close the bed and behold...silver fish (same as a roach, hard to get rid of if you have them in your home) and yes they were alive and more than 5 in the light. I just turned it back off thinking they would go away, but then thought, omg where...our stuff. So I went next door to see son's room...well, same issue with the floor, dead crickets..no silverfish from what I could see, but my hubby was able to find some kind of bodily fluids on the wall next to the bed, the bed skirt and the bedspread. The bathroom was not clean either. So after we discussed it, showed the bugs to hubby he said..LETS GO. So we went down to the office, told the clerk, he kept insisting on showing us another room...so we thought okay, maybe its better. He said they were newer. We walk over to the other two rooms, same thing, except there was some kind of brown dried up "something" on the bathroom counter, toothpaste was all over the mirror, in the sink and the spout. We told the clerk no thank you and as we walked out, I believe we saw a drug deal going on a few doors down. I hope not. So anyways, since we booked with Hotels.com the clerk said we would have to contact them to get a refund, so as the rest of the family packed our stuff back up in the car, I called Hotels.com and explained our situation, she called the clerk on another line and we were refunded our money 100%. So thank you Hotels.com. The clerk was pleasant but as i was standing outside on my cell with Hotels.com, waiting on the family to come down, he locks up the door, closese everything up and leaves. It was around 2:30AM by now...I thought for a hotel/motel, someone should be there. OH well.
At any rate, yes they are improving the rooms with paint, new pictures and a few other things...but I wouldnt care if the decor was from the 70s..as long as the room was clean and bug free...I would have been fine. Btw, hubby told me after we left and he pulled his sheets back, he found a bug in the bed. Not sure what kind...but whew I'm glad we did leave.
We drove over to the other side of the highway, stayed at the Hyatt Place, yes it was more money...but it was clean, secure and a wonderful breakfast.
Per another hotel's desk clerk..."Oh honey, you never stay across the hwy"

• 1 of 5 bubbles