“Don't be fooled...there are better options.”
Review of Estella's Mexican Restaurant - CLOSED

Cuisines: Mexican, American
Dining options: Breakfast, Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Seating
Arlington, Texas
“Don't be fooled...there are better options.”
Reviewed May 30, 2012

When this place opened people flocked to this place and I think mostly because there was nothing else around that has anything closely resembling a decent Mexican Breakfast that is in that area. I've been twice, both times it was extrememly hot in there, there were flies, and the service was not good at all and the food was just ok. I actually have been there a 3rd time but never sat as me and my family stood there and waited to be seated for 10 minutes....shame on me. Waitresses were walking past us the whole time, but never once did they seat us, so we left. Again wiht it's location, it's convenient and I think people just "settle". The same owners opened up another place about 5 minutes away, we tried it and it's just ok. It wasn't good enough for me to go back again, plus they cahrge you for refills on your drinks....really?. If you want a good, quality Mexican Breakfast, and lunch and dinner for that matter in Arlington, go to Marquez Bakery on Division. It's very good, it's quality, the staff is friendly, it's clean and they even have Mexican Sweet Bread to take home wiht you if you want. You really can't go wrong wiht anything in there. I know by location it isn't convenient to the folks who live by Estella's but I promise you, it's worth the drive. Don't settle folks....there are other choices out there, but this place is just not worth it.

• Visited December 2011

Dallas, Texas
“Best Mexican Breakfast in Arlington”
Reviewed March 29, 2012

The food is great and there is heaps of it. You can't go wrong with anything, but the servers are helpful if you're having trouble choosing. Get order their bacon breakfast tacos nearly every week -- they're great for early morning meetings.

• Visited August 2011
Arlington, Texas
“Best San Antonio style food around here”
Reviewed December 4, 2011

I'm from San Antonio and it's hard to find REAL Tex-Mex food around here with homemade tortillas. I have been a big fan of this family restaurant since it was Uncle Julios.

• Visited December 2011
“WORST SERVICE EVER”
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I give this place low marks because the service us total crap!! The food is good, not great, plus it's cheap. But you are lucky to get a drink refill. It usually takes a good 15 mins to even get your order taken. Also, the place is crawling with roaches.

DALLAS
“UNSANITARY”
Reviewed June 12, 2011

We visited on a Sunday afternoon. Observed roaches crawling around everywhere on the floor. Told a waitress and she acted like it was no biggie..... The Arlington Health Department also gives this place low marks! Really a disgusting place!!!

• Visited June 2011